Thought the day would never come...

klb1978

I am so excited that our Allure cruise is nearly here!! I booked in May 2010 and at the time, October 2011 seemed like a lifetime away. Now, we have just one week from tomorrow until we sail :D:D:D. I have done tons of research and read countless reviews, so I think I am ready. Shows and excursions are booked and suitcases are out. Now just to pack!

Nice to know I can come here and share my excitement with others!! Will do a review with pictures when we return.

Can't even imagine seeing Allure at the port for the first time- our last cruise was on Monarch 2 years ago :eek:

We went on the Oasis in May of this year and the months leading up to it were a whirlwind planning shows, dinners, and excursions. I spent hours on CC. The advice was invaluable. When you turn the corner going to terminal 18 and see her for the first time you will burst!!! I hope there are other ships docked so you can just see how huge and beautiful she is. By the time we walked the gangway and entered the promenade I was an emotional wreck. It was very moving (I know this sounds completely insane). I was moved to tears for a few seconds. I'm a big mush anyway, but I've never experienced this on any other ship. Have a fabulous time. Try to relax a few hours each day or you will come home exhausted trying to see and do everything, which is not possible, even tho we tried. Can't wait for your review.

We went on the Oasis in May of this year and the months leading up to it were a whirlwind planning shows, dinners, and excursions. I spent hours on CC. The advice was invaluable. When you turn the corner going to terminal 18 and see her for the first time you will burst!!! I hope there are other ships docked so you can just see how huge and beautiful she is. By the time we walked the gangway and entered the promenade I was an emotional wreck. It was very moving (I know this sounds completely insane). I was moved to tears for a few seconds. I'm a big mush anyway, but I've never experienced this on any other ship. Have a fabulous time. Try to relax a few hours each day or you will come home exhausted trying to see and do everything, which is not possible, even tho we tried. Can't wait for your review.

Not insane at all!

I know exactly how you felt...I was quite choked up getting on...but even more choked up getting off!

I am so excited that our Allure cruise is nearly here!! I booked in May 2010 and at the time, October 2011 seemed like a lifetime away. Now, we have just one week from tomorrow until we sail :D:D:D. I have done tons of research and read countless reviews, so I think I am ready. Shows and excursions are booked and suitcases are out. Now just to pack!

Nice to know I can come here and share my excitement with others!! Will do a review with pictures when we return.

Can't even imagine seeing Allure at the port for the first time- our last cruise was on Monarch 2 years ago :eek:

You say that you are excited, but I'm here to tell you, you aren 't excited enough! We sailed the Allure last Feb., and she is my favorite ship. Have sailed on 20 Royal cruises and while I was prepared to be impressed, I didn't expect the jaw dropping experience that the Allure turned out to be! Will be on the Oasis in Dec. And are expecting another unforgettable experience! Have a wonderful time!

Oh please, this will totally be me next Sunday!! I can see me getting emotional :) My mom lives north of Ft Lauderdale, and often when we visit her, we think of driving down to the port and seeing Allure, but decided that our first glimpse should be the day we arrive for sailing!! I think after all these months of planning, my emotions just might get the best of me.

I know exactly how you feel. For our Oasis cruise we booked 10 months out and it seemed liked it took forever to get to the day. For Allure, we booked only 4 months out so it wasn't as bad, but still not quick enough.

The problem is once that cruise starts, time seems to exponentially speed up. WHY WHY WHY????

Oh please, this will totally be me next Sunday!! I can see me getting emotional :) My mom lives north of Ft Lauderdale, and often when we visit her, we think of driving down to the port and seeing Allure, but decided that our first glimpse should be the day we arrive for sailing!! I think after all these months of planning, my emotions just might get the best of me.

Oh heavenly days, this made me tear up just reading it. LOL

We cruise on Freedom in December and I'm already almost bouncing off the walls with excitement.

I come here everyday and am learning so much! And followed Trainman's live review -- it was so much fun! :)

I know exactly how you feel! We fell absolutely in love with Allure and are cruising on Oasis next March.

Hope you fall in love with her, too!

We really enjoyed our sailing last January on the Allure. I picked it first cause my husband loves the movie, Chicago and it was playing on the Allure. The show (Chicago) was excellent and so were all the shows. We really enjoyed our time on the Allure.

My husband isn't into paying to go to the specialty restaurants as he feels he already paid for his meals with the cruise so I cannot comment on those.

The only night it felt crowded at all was about two nights before we got off when the cruise director and staff put on alot of hoopla in the promenade on deck 5 which is the main thoroughfare. It was fun and they threw out t-shirts, etc. We didn't realize it was going to happen and just happen to be in there and were so glad we also just happened to get a seat as it was quite a wait. A lot of people were standing.

We are going on the Oasis with a large group on Nov. 26 and are also looking forward to it. I am a little scared of some recent reviews I have read on hear concerning the dining though and the seemingly downgrading of the food. I hope that was just the overly high expectations of those that wrote them.

We just think it is always better to be cruising than not.

We're right with you!!! Beside ourselves with excitement. Looking forward to meeting you on the ship!!! See you at the sail away!!!

We're right with you!!! Beside ourselves with excitement. Looking forward to meeting you on the ship!!! See you at the sail away!!!

... and we are right there with you as well. I am ready for sailaway right now!!!

Thanks for starting a great thread. Lots of good posts so far.

RA

Rest assured many of us share your excitement and will look forward to hearing your review. I find I get something out of every review written. I think forum was the most helpful for our Allure cruise and it is quite a bit different from other ships in many ways. No doubt the forum helped us have a great trip. Western or Easten?

Archived