Just snagged 2470 and 2473 on the Valor

finoky

After reading such good things about these 2 cabins on here I decided to check and see if they are available for our Nov 6th Valor cruise. Lo and behold they were. We had previously chosen 1382 and 1384 but called and switched. We usually always book a balcony but this our 2nd cruise this year so we decided to try and keep cruise fare down some. I think we will be very happy with the additional square footage and extra windows in these cabins.

Congrats! Those rooms are a good deal for the space, plus I loved the extra windows and the table-and-chairs in addition to the sofa. There really is a ton of extra floor space.

If you have a very rough night on the seas, the very back rooms like those might have a vibration problem, but that might only be on the Glory (and we only had the problem for one night). Really is a beautiful, beautiful room though! Enjoy it :)

After reading such good things about these 2 cabins on here I decided to check and see if they are available for our Nov 6th Valor cruise. Lo and behold they were. We had previously chosen 1382 and 1384 but called and switched. We usually always book a balcony but this our 2nd cruise this year so we decided to try and keep cruise fare down some. I think we will be very happy with the additional square footage and extra windows in these cabins.

I am in 2470 on the Valor the week before you ... I will take good care of it! :)

I hope you like them. I know some who hated the vibration back there. I hope people also warned you about that.

I read about possible vibration with these cabins. Vibration, movement, etc doesn't bother us. I think it would actually make me sleep better.

I read about possible vibration with these cabins. Vibration, movement, etc doesn't bother us. I think it would actually make me sleep better.

I was aft facing OV on Triumph .. possible ... someone in your cabin on Triumph got money back he was so upset with the racket.

I know Ill never do it again, but thats me.

Maybe Triumph has more vibration, but I thought it was terrible too.

After reading such good things about these 2 cabins on here I decided to check and see if they are available for our Nov 6th Valor cruise. Lo and behold they were. We had previously chosen xxxx and xxxx but called and switched. We usually always book a balcony but this our 2nd cruise this year so we decided to try and keep cruise fare down some. I think we will be very happy with the additional square footage and extra windows in these cabins.

Just a friendly observation here, but you have a picture of what appears to be daughters as your avatar,you list your ship,date,and now your cabin numbers.There are many sicko's out there.You might want to ask a mod to delete this thread.

• 1 month later...

Just reporting back to say that we absolutely loved 2470. Our friends were in 2473 and they loved it as well. We are planning another cruise in April and we both agreed that we want to try and get those same cabins again.

Thanks for reporting back, Tony. We have 2470 on the Glory next year....I was aware of the possibility of vibration, but it is always good to hear from someone about this. Our friends were unable to get 2473 but got 2462 which also looks nice. Do you know anything about that cabin?

we just love this cabin 2470 and 2473 booked them on previous cruises, only one problem we booked them four times two of the four times we were upgraded to a balcony. now i know wow we did not want the balcony but carnival can and will move you if they see fit. went to front desk and they could not understand why we wanted ocean view not a balcony. these are very unique cabins. and very few people on the ship are aware of them

bia

we had one of these on the conquest in sept and loved it so much we moved to one in dec. our daughter had one of them for her honeymoon in aug and sh also loved it the only trouble was the vibrasion when coming into port but we were up and doing things then so that was no big deal

we just love this cabin 2470 and 2473 booked them on previous cruises, only one problem we booked them four times two of the four times we were upgraded to a balcony. now i know wow we did not want the balcony but carnival can and will move you if they see fit. went to front desk and they could not understand why we wanted ocean view not a balcony. these are very unique cabins. and very few people on the ship are aware of them

bia

Did they let you know before you got there or did they just move you and not let you know until then? Did you book with Carnival or a TA? I'm going to keep a close eye on mine.

Did they let you know before you got there or did they just move you and not let you know until then? Did you book with Carnival or a TA? I'm going to keep a close eye on mine.

found out we were moved when we got to the vip lounge to check in. they tried to tell us our travel agent knew about the move no so we had him on the phone as we spoke to carnival people spoke to people who were given our cabin and we think it was a computer error and two people booked in same cabin

bia

• 1 year later...

First cruise on Carnival in 31 years. We usually go on RCCL or Celebrity. We got this one with our time share. Only had to pay taxes and port fees. Husband didn't want bunk beds!!! That would have like our first cruise which was on Carnival. I was 5 months pregnant!! So I had the bottom bunk bed. That cruise cost $1700.00 which included airfare from New Orleans and went out of Miami. The internet has opened the world to us. So we upgraded to King size bed. We are in 1218. We also went cheaper because we just came back from the Galapagos. Plus we went to Hawaii, Smokey Mountains with 3 of our grandchildren, Fort Walton, and we are going to Utah and in December we are to stay on on the island of St. Lucia. I am 59 and my husband will be 63 in December. We have been traveling the world since 2000. For you younger ones don't wait till you retire. You had yesterday, you got today, but you are not guaranteed tomorrow. We have been to every continent except Antarctica. And then we were 600 miles from it. Go out there and explore the world. Grasp life while you can.:)

I was able to snag one on my November cruise, When I first looked at booking 2473 was avail and then the next day when I booked it was gone :( But after checking over and over and over again 2470 showed up and I switched rooms. I figured I might as well try it out ;)

Archived