Just snagged 2470 and 2473 on the Valor

finoky

I was able to snag one on my November cruise, When I first looked at booking 2473 was avail and then the next day when I booked it was gone :( But after checking over and over and over again 2470 showed up and I switched rooms. I figured I might as well try it out ;)

Which cruise.....we had 2470 on the Glory but switched to 2473 after deciding to do a B2B & it was available both weeks while 2470 was not.

We originally booked an obstructed ovenview with walkway view on deck 7 and then one day last week 2473 opened up for our Glory cruise on the 29th. I switched immediately and I'm so happy with my choice.

Here are some pics of 2473 on the Glory from May. My sister was in this room.

ImageUploadedByForums1377280130.252868.jpg.15439b09035018301f5160816fe8a769.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1377280188.251449.jpg.bd3d6a79bca61193e30cc77fc51c9341.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1377280216.452129.jpg.a6a715cddc4bac803d2a6a69abf01c51.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

FiremanBobswife, I have a question for you on these cabins.

In 5 weeks I'll be in 2470 on the Liberty and looking forward to it. This cabin is only for 2 guests.

My son has a friend booked in another cabin with his parents --- do you think the sofa can be converted to a bed at night (with extra bedding and pillow) so he can sleep with us? In other words, will there be enough room and is it 100% certain there will be a sofa? Thanks!

FiremanBobswife, I have a question for you on these cabins.

In 5 weeks I'll be in 2470 on the Liberty and looking forward to it. This cabin is only for 2 guests.

My son has a friend booked in another cabin with his parents --- do you think the sofa can be converted to a bed at night (with extra bedding and pillow) so he can sleep with us? In other words, will there be enough room and is it 100% certain there will be a sofa? Thanks!

Yes, there will absolutely be a sofa. I don't see an issue at all with having them make the top of the sofa into a bed. In fact, that's exactly what they do in other standard 3 person rooms when there is not a drop down bunk.

I don't understand why they don't make these 3 person rooms being they are so spacious. You will be fine.

Enjoy! It's my all time favorite room.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Which cruise.....we had 2470 on the Glory but switched to 2473 after deciding to do a B2B & it was available both weeks while 2470 was not.

Going on the 10th :) with my DH family. Looking forward to my first cruise, and to make it even more fun no kids, which I feel guilty about of course.

We have an extended balcony cabin booked for our 2/21/14 cruise. I know from cruising from Manhattan last Feb. that we won't use the balcony much. If we switch to one of these cabins, will we be charged a few since we are "downgrading?" TIA.

We have an extended balcony cabin booked for our 2/21/14 cruise. I know from cruising from Manhattan last Feb. that we won't use the balcony much. If we switch to one of these cabins, will we be charged a few since we are "downgrading?" TIA.

I would call Carnival or your TA to get a definite answer as it could depend on which fare code you booked under. But I wouldn't think it would be a big deal since final payment date hasn't passed. Now that could change if the OV is currently priced higher than the balcony was originally. Let us know what happens.

I booked ES, but I just checked CCL website and those 2 cabins aren't available anyway. :( But I'll keep checking. It's a winter cruise and I'm sure there are going to be some cancellations.

I would call Carnival because on their website you will only see 10 rooms. It's pretty much random as to what gets displayed.

Archived