Finally! My 1st solo cruise!

copnlpn2

Lois -has she been posting on our roll call??? If she has been and if you don't mind telling me her screen name, I'll tell her hi for ya!:):)

I am sure she has:) she is Parrothead8:D...you are talking about

Royal Caribbean's Freedom, right?

Oh, good grief! Are you talking about Kathy? She's been a friend of mine since we first cruised together in 2005 on the Mariner!!!!!!!!!

It's a small world, huh????? Too funny!:D:D So have I cruise with you too, Lois?????

Oh, good grief! Are you talking about Kathy? She's been a friend of mine since we first cruised together in 2005 on the Mariner!!!!!!!!!

It's a small world, huh????? Too funny!:D:D So have I cruise with you too, Lois?????

Hi Cindy,:) Kathy and I have been friends since about 2003/04.:)

I don't believe you and I have ever sailed together. I sail with

Celebrity and I know Kathy is a Royal cruiser.

I've not sailed with Celebrity yet, but plan to in the future sometime. I'll tell Kathy hi for ya when I see her this evening at Cocoa Beach!!!!!

Have a good time:). The only time Kathy and I have ever sailed

together? Back in 2008 I was invited to the Inaugural Sailing on

Celebrity's first new S class ship (Solstice). I was allowed to bring a

guest and Kathy was it:D.

• 1 month later...

It's only a couple more days before I leave on my first solo cruise and I am so ready to go - literally and figureatively!

I'm always surprised by the number of friends who ask me if I'm "nervous" about cruising "alone." There's no way to explain to them that I won't be alone...there will thousands of other cruisers and crew on the ship when I sail.

And I've been active on our M&M thread for my sailing and will meet up with some of my fellow cruisers for supper the night before we sail. So I'll have lots of folks to meet up with if and when I choose to do so.

I did indulge myself a bit...I upgrades my JS to a GS! I actually got the same GS that I sailed in with my daughter and a friend last April. But this time, I have all that room to myself! I'm taking some Christmas CD's to listen to and some Bayberry scent packets to use in my cabin - I've never seen a ship decorated for Christmas and I want to make the most of it.

I'll be really busy when I get back on the 10th, because of holiday preparations, but I'll try to stop by this thread to give an update on my cruise.

The Epic studios have a huge fake window that you can adjust the lighting and pretend to open and close the blinds. If I remember, you can look out but others can't look in. I never saw anyone in the halls, so I think I was looking out??? LMAO.

It's only a couple more days before I leave on my first solo cruise and I am so ready to go - literally and figureatively!

I'm always surprised by the number of friends who ask me if I'm "nervous" about cruising "alone." There's no way to explain to them that I won't be alone...there will thousands of other cruisers and crew on the ship when I sail.

And I've been active on our M&M thread for my sailing and will meet up with some of my fellow cruisers for supper the night before we sail. So I'll have lots of folks to meet up with if and when I choose to do so.

I did indulge myself a bit...I upgrades my JS to a GS! I actually got the same GS that I sailed in with my daughter and a friend last April. But this time, I have all that room to myself! I'm taking some Christmas CD's to listen to and some Bayberry scent packets to use in my cabin - I've never seen a ship decorated for Christmas and I want to make the most of it.

I'll be really busy when I get back on the 10th, because of holiday preparations, but I'll try to stop by this thread to give an update on my cruise.

Have a great time:) oh, hope you had fun on that sailing with our

mutual friend Kathy:)

Lois, thanks for the Bon Voyage wishes! Unfortunately, I really didn't get to spend much time with Kathy when we were onboard the Freedom. Family obligations kept me pretty busy. But she and I solved that problem...we booked a cabin together in November 2012- aboard the Freedom of the Seas!:)

Archived