Do they still allow you to drive golf balls off the back of the ship?

Thanks.I figured I would ask. They don't have Formal nights anymore,but that seems to get asked and answered YES by people with thousands of post's all the time.:p:p:D:D:D

They have a casual formal night that is basically so they can sell pictures.

I remember on ectasy in 2006, there was already a cage up on top to hit golf balls into the cage, gone now. Cant even do that. hitting golf balls off the back must have been before my time. In the 80s it was clay pigeons they shot.

I saw on travel that they did this on the ship you buy into, but they had to make the golf balls into fish food.

Thanks.I figured I would ask. They don't have Formal nights anymore,but that seems to get asked and answered YES by people with thousands of post's all the time.:p:p:D:D:D

That's because, to most of us, myself included, Formal night and Elegant Night are the same thing. I still wear the same stuff I wore for Formal night.

That's because, to most of us, myself included, Formal night and Elegant Night are the same thing. I still wear the same stuff I wore for Formal night.

Don't you think it gives a newbie the wrong idea?

There is a huge difference between Formal (Tux,Gown) versus Elegant.

I would think experienced cruisers would want to take the lead and inform new cruisers correctly.Am I wrong?

I remember on ectasy in 2006, there was already a cage up on top to hit golf balls into the cage, gone now. Cant even do that. hitting golf balls off the back must have been before my time. In the 80s it was clay pigeons they shot.

I saw on travel that they did this on the ship you buy into, but they had to make the golf balls into fish food.

I think I remember seeing that show as well.. Wasn't it the ResidenSea? And they had a real grass putting green too, if I'm not mistaken.

I'd be too afraid my ball would hit the rail and come back for my face, lol.

Don't you think it gives a newbie the wrong idea?

There is a huge difference between Formal (Tux,Gown) versus Elegant.

I would think experienced cruisers would want to take the lead and inform new cruisers correctly.Am I wrong?

If you're a newbie then it would behoove you to go to Carnival's FAQ page and read all of it. Seems like 90% of the questions asked on here have answers that are on the Carnival FAQ page. Before my first cruise I read every single FAQ. Now yes, I'll admit, I've learned even more things on CC, such as tips and tricks, but I still hightly recommend the FAQ page for general questions.

ps - I don't see a huge difference between the two "nights" but that's MHO.

So combining some posts, they have a Formal Night Simulator. You can still go but you don't have get all puckered up.:D

What they should do is have one of those big wooden things with the holes cut out for you to put your head through.

One cut out of a man in a tux, another of a woman in a evening gown.

You go, stick your head in , get your picture taken and then you can spend the rest of the evening nice and comfortable. *LOL*

What they should do is have one of those big wooden things with the holes cut out for you to put your head through.

One cut out of a man in a tux, another of a woman in a evening gown.

You go, stick your head in , get your picture taken and then you can spend the rest of the evening nice and comfortable. *LOL*

Love it!!!!!:D

Archived