About what time should I be picked on from terminal?

Rahi

This is for Veendam, coming back to NY from Bermuda on the 9th of Oct.. a Sunday.. And if anyone knows that address for that terminal.. for GPS.. thanks!
12th Ave from 52nd to 54th St - Manhattan Cruise Terminal. 40.769N 73.996W

If there's no problems, everyone will be off the ship by about 10:00am. If you want to get off very early you can self-disembark. In between those extremes you can request the time want and HAL will try to get you close to it.

If you self disembark you have to get off first, which is usually around 7:30 +/- 0:15 if all goes okay.

Wow .. that is early.. so say 8am would be best.?. I would rather wait for them, than other way around.

Don't mean to confuse you any more, but you asked!

DD lives about an hours drive from Galveston, and we told her it would be after 9 before we could say we would

be disembarked. She called us from the dock at 7:45, a little(?) early. About 10:30, DW loaned her cell phone to some South Americans to call their hosts in Dallas to tell them they couldn't make it for lunch. About 11:30 DDs SUV disappeared from sight, as she went to find some food to go, she ate earlier than we did and it was close to lunch time. We finally disembarked after noon with no customs check at all. Seems they had decided to foul up a lot of people by s l o w i n g d o w n a lot, then just went to lunch!

No guarantees, just probablies.

ps: we pay them!

Who will be picking you up? If it's a friend, find out how long of a drive it is, and call them when you're about to leave the ship....you may have to wait a bit, but you say you don't mind that.

If it's a cab you'll be taking...there will be cabs lined up..no need to "call" for one.

Who will be picking you up? If it's a friend, find out how long of a drive it is, and call them when you're about to leave the ship....you may have to wait a bit, but you say you don't mind that.

If it's a cab you'll be taking...there will be cabs lined up..no need to "call" for one.

My husband.. we are 2 and 1/2 hours away from NYC. So I need to have him leave a before we leave ship. And I didn't want him to have to circle around that ramp a million times.

I've been on the Veendam a few times from NY - 9 - 9:30 time frame is about right. I have a hint for where your husband can "hang-out" - but it depends on where he is coming from. If it's upstate/CT/PA (where he would be coming down the Henry Hudson Pkwy) then do this (I did it picking my parents up from the Veendam earlier this summer).

Get off the Henry Hudson Pkwy at 96th St - it drops you onto to Riverside Dr (it's real close). Plenty of parking along the drive -tree-lined and park-like setting. Folks jogging and walking dogs (after all, it's early Sunday morning). Even heard birds chirping! Meanwhile, you get off the ship and go through customs. Call him and let him know you are out of the terminal, up on the ramp waiting. He goes south on Riverside Dr to 79th St where he can get back on the Henry Hudson Pkwy south. You won't be waiting more than 10 mins as long as traffic is flowing (and at that hour it usually is). Worked beautifully for me. Take a look at Mapquest and zoom in to see what I'm talking about - I just double-checked it.

No worries about this neighborhood - it's Upper West Side - very nice.

I've been on the Veendam a few times from NY - 9 - 9:30 time frame is about right. I have a hint for where your husband can "hang-out" - but it depends on where he is coming from. If it's upstate/CT/PA (where he would be coming down the Henry Hudson Pkwy) then do this (I did it picking my parents up from the Veendam earlier this summer).

Get off the Henry Hudson Pkwy at 96th St - it drops you onto to Riverside Dr (it's real close). Plenty of parking along the drive -tree-lined and park-like setting. Folks jogging and walking dogs (after all, it's early Sunday morning). Even heard birds chirping! Meanwhile, you get off the ship and go through customs. Call him and let him know you are out of the terminal, up on the ramp waiting. He goes south on Riverside Dr to 79th St where he can get back on the Henry Hudson Pkwy south. You won't be waiting more than 10 mins as long as traffic is flowing (and at that hour it usually is). Worked beautifully for me. Take a look at Mapquest and zoom in to see what I'm talking about - I just double-checked it.

No worries about this neighborhood - it's Upper West Side - very nice.

Thank you! ( he is coming from PA).

We were on the Veendam to Bermuda a couple of months ago. 9:30-ish and you should be fine. I'd rather be out there waiting for my ride than my ride waiting for me as the "pier police" won't let the car coming to pick you up sit and wait. Car service cars, buses, vans can park and wait, but not private cars. As it's a Sunday AM, traffic in the area around the piers will be extremely light. If you have a cell phone and whoever is picking you up has a cell phone, have them just park on a side street in the area (the STREETS will have next to no traffic and parking on them won't be a problem) NOT on the AVENUES). When you come out of the terminal, just about all of the pillars have a number painted on them. Call your friend and say "I'm next to (Number), come get me. Or, have the person picking you up bite the bullet, enter the pay parking lot on the pier and just sit and wait. When you're done, just take the escalator up to the roof parking deck and find him/her.

We were on the Veendam to Bermuda a couple of months ago. 9:30-ish and you should be fine. I'd rather be out there waiting for my ride than my ride waiting for me as the "pier police" won't let the car coming to pick you up sit and wait. Car service cars, buses, vans can park and wait, but not private cars. As it's a Sunday AM, traffic in the area around the piers will be extremely light. If you have a cell phone and whoever is picking you up has a cell phone, have them just park on a side street in the area (the STREETS will have next to no traffic and parking on them won't be a problem) NOT on the AVENUES). When you come out of the terminal, just about all of the pillars have a number painted on them. Call your friend and say "I'm next to (Number), come get me. Or, have the person picking you up bite the bullet, enter the pay parking lot on the pier and just sit and wait. When you're done, just take the escalator up to the roof parking deck and find him/her.

All great advice, thanks!

Archived