Best liquor store in Barcelona

mahi mahi

Just wondering how liquor and wine are sold in Barcelona ie. small shops, government run stores, liquor warehouses like in the U.S. Is there anything near the cruise port or la Ramblas. Thanks.

Jake

The department store chain El Corte Ingles has branches all over town and their gourmet store in the basement has an extensive wine and

liquor selection

Just wondering how liquor and wine are sold in Barcelona ie. small shops, government run stores, liquor warehouses like in the U.S. Is there anything near the cruise port or la Ramblas. Thanks.

Jake

There is a liquor stone AFTER you go through security in the port of Barcelona. I don't know how they can monitor how much wine you bring on board, given that you have already gone though ship security. After that, all they check in Barcelona is your Seapass.

There is a liquor stone AFTER you go through security in the port of Barcelona. I don't know how they can monitor how much wine you bring on board, given that you have already gone though ship security. After that, all they check in Barcelona is your Seapass.

Sounds like an experience I had about two months after 9/11, I was flying out of JFK and of course went thru all the security where they confiscated my gum massager (figure out how that could be lethal). I then went to brookstone (or similar store) to browse and they were selling a nail kit with sharp metal nail file and sharp pointed scissors....after security.

Left hand...meet mister right hand :)

Last spring there actually were 2 stores selling wine after security in the port. We had no trouble bringing aboard what we wanted.

Thanks everyone. We have a couple nights pre-cruise booked so should have some time to look around. I like to check out the shops wherever I travel to check the prices and what's available. Wouldn't think of bringing any contrband onboard.;)

Thanks everyone. We have a couple nights pre-cruise booked so should have some time to look around. I like to check out the shops wherever I travel to check the prices and what's available. Wouldn't think of bringing any contrband onboard.;)

Lots of shops on La Ramblas to buy wine or liquor. You will get your carryon scanned as you get on the ship so id stay with the two bottles of wine. We were just there in May.

Lots of shops on La Ramblas to buy wine or liquor. You will get your carryon scanned as you get on the ship so id stay with the two bottles of wine. We were just there in May.

Las Ramblas is a great place to tour and take in; however, don't eat or buy your liquor there. It's the tourist area and you will pay 2-3 times what you should. Go down the side streets and get into the local areas. Barcelona is a safe city and you will find just about anything you need down the side streets. Just get a few blocks off of Las Ramblas. One exception is "La Boqueria". It's the local market that sells fruits, vegetables, baked goods, and meats. They have prepared food as well. Great place to stop for lunch.

Las Ramblas is a great place to tour and take in; however, don't eat or buy your liquor there. It's the tourist area and you will pay 2-3 times what you should. Go down the side streets and get into the local areas. Barcelona is a safe city and you will find just about anything you need down the side streets. Just get a few blocks off of Las Ramblas. One exception is "La Boqueria". It's the local market that sells fruits, vegetables, baked goods, and meats. They have prepared food as well. Great place to stop for lunch.

There is at least one wine/liquor store at La Boqueria. Can't recall if it was actually in the market area or adjacent to it one store to the north.

We've found serveral wine stores, and small markets that also carry a nice selection of wine and liquor, in our stays around Barcelona so they ae not too hard to find. Ask at your hotel. I have seen the stores in the terminal and as I recall they didn't have a big selection there, but I wasn't paying a lot of attention as we already had our two bottles of Cava purchased in town.

The department store chain El Corte Ingles has branches all over town and their gourmet store in the basement has an extensive wine and

liquor selection

Totally agree that this is a destination in itself! It is in Cat. Square at the tip of Las Ramblas. What fun to check out the really fresh meats....goat heads, anyone? Cheeses and sausages that will make your mouth drool.

The wine and liquor dept is wonderful.

Jake

Any food store will sell you spirits

...And for while you are staying in Barcelona, note that El Corte Ingles' supermarket--located in the basement of the store on the Eastern side of Placa Catalunya--the large central square at the head of Las Ramblas--is the best place to go for all of your snack and drink needs...It is a pretty modern, full-service supermarket...and the prices are very reasonable...Before we discovered this, my wife bought a liter bottle of water at a small shop in the tourist area and paid 2 euros...in el corte Ingles, we found a large selection of bottled water starting at about 32 euro cents for a two-liter bottle!

Barcelona is a safe city and you will find just about anything you need down the side streets. Just get a few blocks off of Las Ramblas. One exception is "La Boqueria". It's the local market that sells fruits, vegetables, baked goods, and meats. They have prepared food as well. Great place to stop for lunch.

Safe from physical assaults, probably, but not from pickpockets and scam artists. Just exercise caution and common sense and you'll love Barcelona.

Archived