Dry Cleaning on the Ruby

lyntony

I thought real 'dry cleaning was no longer available on Princess.

I just got my Tuxedo (jacket and trousers) dry cleaned at my local dry cleaners, ready for Ruby/Coral.

Cost: $23, how does that compare with dry cleaning charges in USA?

• 4 weeks later...
This is correct. I paid $4 to have my pants pressed the first time and noticed that it was only $1 more to have them cleaned. :)

Royal Caribbean charges very resonable prices for their shipboard laundry (50% for pressing only). In the past I have taken my tuxedo and my wife's dresses to the cruise in need of cleaning, or at least pressing. With their pricing you got a lot more for your money. It appears Princess has increased the costs, especially the pressing only to 80%. This is unreasonable in my view, since we must travel across country and our clothes tend to wrinkle in luggage.

Be careful when you send a garment for “dry cleaning’, I have never had a problem in the past but just got off the Caribbean Princess and my brand new slacks were ruined. The Customer Service desk explained the “new process” that is not “dry” cleaning. The Customer Service Director’s solution was to try and stretch the slacks, come on the legs were shortened by about four inches the garment was clearly ruined. Then they argued with us for about 40 minutes stating that they would have to contact the Corporate Office to get approval to compensate me for the slacks ($69), directed me to read the fine print on the laundry ticket. Anyway, I allowed this to ruin my evening; we have never experienced this level of customer service on Princess in the past. I should have known that my Princess Customer service expectations would not be met when I called about the paper luggage tags; I was told that I must carry a stapler with me on our tour/cruise or the tags would not stay on, GOOD GRIEF! Of course we didn’t do that we just laminated the paper tags. Anyway very disappointed in Princess this was our 8th Princess cruise, really can’t believe the director wasn’t empowered to “make this issue right”.

Archived