Luggage on Carnival

jzdn0507

Ok I have a set of 4 pieces of luggage, I know I can only bring 2 pieces and a carry on but..on the carnival website it gives size restrictions. (not exceed 16"H x 24"W no length restrictions). Is this strictly enforced? Because my biggest piece of luggage is a tad bigger than this. I really need to use the big piece but I don't want to be embarrassed if I go to board and they deny me onto the ship because of my luggage.

I am sorry if this is silly, this is my first cruise and I am kind of freaking out lol

Thank you to all that answer!

Hi Jessica - I think their website says they 'encourage' folks to only bring 2 pieces of luggage.... Also, assuming you mean that you and Dan are bringing 4 pieces total then that would equal 2 pieces each anyway. Re: size - honestly, I've never even noticed that restriction before but assuming it's a normal sized piece of luggage (not a steamer trunk or anything) you should be fine.

My first cruise was stressful in that I wanted to be sure I thought of every possible thing for me, hubby and daughter. After the first it gets much, much easier! The Carnival forum here on Cruise Critic is good for specific Carnival-line information.

Have fun!!

If you're not flying, you can bring pretty much whatever you want....if you want to bring a steamer trunk...go ahead!

However, you can't "carry on" anything too large. Not a huge problem...give larger items to the porters...that's what they're there for! It will be delivered to your cabin.

Ok I have a set of 4 pieces of luggage, I know I can only bring 2 pieces and a carry on but..on the carnival website it gives size restrictions. (not exceed 16"H x 24"W no length restrictions). Is this strictly enforced? Because my biggest piece of luggage is a tad bigger than this. I really need to use the big piece but I don't want to be embarrassed if I go to board and they deny me onto the ship because of my luggage.

I am sorry if this is silly, this is my first cruise and I am kind of freaking out lol

The measurement requirements are for carry on since it has to fit through a scanner.

I took my 4 pc set checked 3 and had my small carry-on and a tote bag

I was thinking the same thing-the way they word it is confusing :confused:

I was wondering the same thing. I thought the way they worded it on their site was confusing:confused:

I was wondering the same thing. I thought the way they worded it on their site was confusing:confused:

I was wondering the same thing:D

Archived