FLL-Delta lounge

dog

Can someone tell me about the delta business class lounge in terminal 2 of fort lauderdale airport?

I'm flying air canada & am considering a day pass there. How early before your flight are you allowed to enter? What's included? food, drinks etc.

Where do you buy the day pass at the airport?

thanks

I used a day pass at Delta's FLL lounge due to my arrival at the airport about 6 hours before the flight. Very nice venue with separate areas for those who want to work and for those who want to just relax. Breakfast type items were available in the morning with mid-day snack items being brought out around 11:30 A. M. Don't recall if there were sandwiches, but I think there was. Open Bar available along with newspapers and magazines and TV. Nice, well-stocked restrooms are also a part of the lounge. You can purchase the day pass right at the lounge.

One advantage, also, was the ability to use the day pass at ATL while I was waiting for my connecting flight.

If one has some time to wait before one's flight, this surely is a more comfortable option than simply sitting in the large waiting room.

I have a US Airways Club membership which gives me access to Untied and Continental Clubs as well, and I'm going to assume Delta is the same as those three are.

In the morning you'll find juices, muffins, toast, and instant oatmeal. Around 10:30 that changes to snack items such as mixed nuts, crackers, cheese, cookies, chips, etc. Those remain available for the rest of the day, and are fine as a snack but not a meal.

Coffee, tea, and cocoa as well as soft drinks and fresh fruit are always available.

Generally house wine and a draft beer are complimentary, some airports also offer complimentary mixed drinks with house brand alcohol while other charge a fee for those or higher end wines and beers. They also sell food, pre-made sandwiches and salads generally. You aren't allowed to bring your own food into the lounge, nor may you remove food or beverage from the lounge. The exception to that is coffee/tea in to go cups can come in or out, and you're welcome to fill your refillable water bottle of course.

There are TV's and various newspapers and magazines as well as comfortable seating in a variety of configurations.

Frankly unless you have a really long layover in my opinion it's probably not worth the cost.

I fly weekly for business and have a membership for the Internet connection and business facilities such as work stations and fax machines. For me, the cost amortizes over the year to be only a few dollars a visit. I would never spend the cash on a day pass.

I used a day pass at Delta's FLL lounge due to my arrival at the airport about 6 hours before the flight. Very nice venue with separate areas for those who want to work and for those who want to just relax. Breakfast type items were available in the morning with mid-day snack items being brought out around 11:30 A. M. Don't recall if there were sandwiches, but I think there was. Open Bar available along with newspapers and magazines and TV. Nice, well-stocked restrooms are also a part of the lounge. You can purchase the day pass right at the lounge.

One advantage, also, was the ability to use the day pass at ATL while I was waiting for my connecting flight.

If one has some time to wait before one's flight, this surely is a more comfortable option than simply sitting in the large waiting room.

I have 6 hours, so am wondering how early we could get into lounge? Also delta's day pass is $50pp or they have a $90 fee & you can take a guess. Thanks for reply.

dog,

I was in Delta's lounge before 9:00 A.M. and there were people already there and obviously had been for some time. If you check Delta's web site or call there 1-800 number, you probably can find out their operating hours for certain.

As to food, I found that their offerings around the Noon hour were sufficient for me that I did not need to buy lunch. And, at ATL, their offerings close to 5:30 P. M. were enough that I did not need to have dinner that evening. Very ample--and good.

Mixed drinks. i.e. Bloody Marys, CC-7, etc, were available at the bar with no charge. As I stated previously, for me, I was more than satisfied and would certainly do it again if I have a long wait between flights.

So, if I do online checkin, baggage drop, then go through security to lounge, buy the pass & can stay there for my 5-6 hour wait?

thanks for the help:)

Yes. You can stay there the entire time or you could do an "in and out" as you wish. Your pass is good for the entire day and, if you have a connection to make, it will be good for the Delta lounge at your connecting airport.

rkacruiser,

Thanks so much for this info.

If we get to the airport 5-6 hours early we will probably get the lounge pass.

Good to know the up to date details.

Thanks again.

dog:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived