Final Bill Warning

qosmo8

I just got off the Carnival Miracle and received my final bill on the last day, i checked my bank account the next day and was charged more than what was written on what is called my FINAL bill. I contacted carnival to get a explanation and was told there was a after midnight purchase so i thought no biggie except the amounts still did not add up, so after a looong argument i was told i was adding wrong, then finally told by the rep that my FINAL bill was wrong....WRONG! really. So the bill i have in my hand that CARNIVAL gave me on the final day is wrong, even though the rep read every single charge on her pc and everyone was on my bill except the after midnight charge, but the bill still didnt add up to amount to be charged and thats when she said my bill was wrong. I contacted Carnival again and they sent me a copy of their bill and now i'm going to send them a copy of hmmmmm the FINAL bill that they gave me! So basically the carnival rep said Carnivals PC miscalculated the numbers, so i now wonder how many other mistakes/miscalculations were on previous cruise bills that i didn't catch, i mean who sits there with a calculator and adds up every charge themselves, guess i'm gonna start doing that since my final bill was wrong/miscalculated according to the rep .....so great job carnival rep i'm now questioning your billing system and after the horrible customer service will probably not be back

I just got off the Carnival Miracle and received my final bill on the last day, i checked my bank account the next day and was charged more than what was written on what is called my FINAL bill. I contacted carnival to get a explanation and was told there was a after midnight purchase so i thought no biggie except the amounts still did not add up, so after a looong argument i was told i was adding wrong, then finally told by the rep that my FINAL bill was wrong....WRONG! really. So the bill i have in my hand that CARNIVAL gave me on the final day is wrong, even though the rep read every single charge on her pc and everyone was on my bill except the after midnight charge, but the bill still didnt add up to amount to be charged and thats when she said my bill was wrong. I contacted Carnival again and they sent me a copy of their bill and now i'm going to send them a copy of hmmmmm the FINAL bill that they gave me! So basically the carnival rep said Carnivals PC miscalculated the numbers, so i now wonder how many other mistakes/miscalculations were on previous cruise bills that i didn't catch, i mean who sits there with a calculator and adds up every charge themselves, guess i'm gonna start doing that since my final bill was wrong/miscalculated according to the rep .....so great job carnival rep i'm now questioning your billing system and after the horrible customer service will probably not be back

It was probably a glitch in their system.;)

our final bill was $1174 and when they charged it it was $1203.

Just think how much they can make by adding a few bucks to the final bill after you check out.:eek:

Bill

Why has our society gotten to the point that no one is allowed to make a mistake? Don't you ever make a mistake. Just because it is a company doesn't me they or there system is perfect. I have noticed if a customer

goes into a business and there is a mistake made no matter how big or small , it's ohh you made a mistake I should get this free or disconted

just double check the math and pay what you owe. It wasn't done on purpose IT WAS A MISTAKE!!

Why has our society gotten to the point that no one is allowed to make a mistake? Don't you ever make a mistake. Just because it is a company doesn't me they or there system is perfect. I have noticed if a customer

goes into a business and there is a mistake made no matter how big or small , it's ohh you made a mistake I should get this free or disconted

just double check the math and pay what you owe. It wasn't done on purpose IT WAS A MISTAKE!!

REALLY????....seriously...i mean really?

Our society has gotten to the point that mistakes happen ALL THE TIME and no one takes responsibility for them. The wussification of America.

It was a mistake and mistakes should be corrected! Not argued with that the OP was wrong. The rep or Carnival should have make the correction! if it didn't add up, correct it Carnival and everything is ok. Case closed.

Yet another reason to put down CASH on your S&S.

That's what we did and had no problem. But it does bring up a question in my mind. Since they cut you a check for any remaining $$ on your account and put it in your cabin the last night, what do they do about those "after midnight" charges for cash accounts?

A mistake that should be easily rectified or explained turns into multiple emails or phone calls and how come the mistake is never made in the customers favor?:rolleyes:

Bill

what baffles me the most about this, is that some of you seem to believe this is acceptable. NO WAY!

it's the point....whether it was $1 or $100, if CCL is doing this to numerous people, well, that's pathetic. I will certainly watch my bill alot closer. and they will certainly hear from me if it's incorrect. one must stand up for what is right regardless of the subject.

if they are screwing a person by $1 each sailing from each account, just think about that....it adds up. it's dirty. it's not a mistake. machines make the calculations. has your calculator ever been wrong? mine sure has not!

Yes, mistakes are made, and yes companies make mistakes. But to not correct the mistake is wrong, just plain wrong. Carnival made a BIG one on my credit card in 2008. It was so big I was charged an over the limit charge on my credit card and my interest rate was increased. Did Carnival correct it? After a month they did issue a refund for the overcharge. Not the overcharge payment on the card and they refused to help with the credit card company. I only have a credit card for cruising because of interest rates. Now my rate has increased because of cruising..

A mistake is not something that is repeated over and over. Just consider the few people that have viewed this thread and it happened to 3 people out of the 404 who have looked at it and commented- that is like 3/4 of 1%-small # but then multiplied by everyone cruising, it is an enormous #. That is what is good about CC-it makes you be aware of things, positive and negative. Because of this thread, I will keep a good eye on our final bill and not charge anything after I have received it. I love Carnival and have cruised on about 6 or 7 different cruise lines, so I am not a Carnival basher, just think the thread was helpful and precautionary. Thanks.

When I got off the Destiny last week, I KNEW of two charges that were missing on my S and S from Half Moon Cay...to the tune of about $35. ( half moon cay was in the middle of the week)

Seeing this thread, I just looked at my credit card statement, and it seems the missing DOD slip has been found.... :)

I had put cash on my S and S as well, with a credit card as back up....and had a 'bill' of $2.and change that should have gone to my CC..well, it WAS more than that...because of the missing charge slip.

That's what we did and had no problem. But it does bring up a question in my mind. Since they cut you a check for any remaining $$ on your account and put it in your cabin the last night, what do they do about those "after midnight" charges for cash accounts?

They cut off your card and you can longer charge anything.

Wow, that is really interesting. I have to say that I also have never really added it up but the charge has always been what our bill was. We also don't make any after midnight charges that last night so I wonder if that is where a lot of these errors come in.

Just curious OP, but do you mind telling us how much of a difference it was? Not that it matters I am just curious...

OP

Since you used a debit card .... Are you sure it was not just a hold in place?

Seeing how you checked the day after returning if a hold is in place it may not have been lifted.

Lifts can take sometimes up to a week depending on your bank.

Check your account after 1 weeks time and see if you have been credited back the money you say is over charged.

Yes you can check your S & S card from your TV. I had a drink charged to my account once that was not mine and it was corrected by the next morning. Bartender transpossed the numbers. Mistakes can be honest and do happen. I check my S & S account daily when on a cruise.

Let's say the mistake was in YOUR favor.....would you still be so upset?

Would you call Carnival to complain....?

Archived