Final Bill Warning

qosmo8

Wow!! gogetter I never stated that the mistake should not be rectified.

The company should correct the problem. I have a problem with some OUR SOCIETY expecting MORE then just it being fixed and I am sorry. Why are you owed more? Do you make mistakes? Is it just because they are a company? I also feel that if they don't fix the problem

to your satisfaction and you are being charged more money, like it happened to someone. Then take your money and use a different line.

without appearing rude or yelling, the final bill did check out, it was the amount that they actually charged our credit card that did not match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was more!:eek:

exactly exactly exactly

Wow!! gogetter I never stated that the mistake should not be rectified.

The company should correct the problem. I have a problem with some OUR SOCIETY expecting MORE then just it being fixed and I am sorry. Why are you owed more? Do you make mistakes? Is it just because they are a company? I also feel that if they don't fix the problem

to your satisfaction and you are being charged more money, like it happened to someone. Then take your money and use a different line.

Maybe I missed it but I don't think I read that people want "more" than things just being fixed :confused:

Its a Debit card with Visa, a Chase card. It has same protections as a credit card, but is tied to my checking and savings accounts. It has a daily limit for cash w/ds but transactions go through as long as the money is there.

I called Carnival and they are going to send me the details of the charges. Some of the charges are after midnight which is why it doesn't match my final bill placed under the door. It still doesn't account for the difference however. The guy I talked to was helpful and I'm sure all will be resolved in time, it just a PITA now. Glitches can happen.

Lesson learned, cash or travelers checks only in the future.

thats posted on a diff thread....i posted cpl thread names below

Be warned when using a debit card with Carnival.

Debit Cards?

I monitor my S&S closely every day. I had a bar charge that wasnt mine. I called the Pursers desk and asked them to check the receipt that you have to sign. They took the charge off. I know how much I spend each day. I keep track of it mentally as I spend. I only use Cash. Right before I go to bed the last night I go down and close out my account and get what ever is left over then.

My friends use credit and only check theirs the last day. Then if something is wrong they go trudging down to the pursers desk and get it fixed, but typically have to stand in line for a while since there will be others who also wait till the last minute. I am on top of my money on the ship just as I am on land. If I have a charge in my checking that I dont recall, you can bet I will be calling my bank to inquire.

Can you check your bill on the TV in your cabin? Or are there kiosks around that you can print a copy from at any time? I always save the receipts and I'm pretty good about pulling our bill a few times during the week to check for accuracy.

Sorry if answered before...yes you can check on your TV...we checked every night just for the heck of it, we made a $500 cash deposit and at 6am this morning we had a printout of our account activity with a check with the money we did not spend.

Or, use a credit card instead of a debit card. You can always challenge the bill with your credit card company.

Someone reported on cruise critic they had a spa treatment added to their bill which did not show up until the final statement was slipped under their door the last night. Went to the desk to inquire and asked to see the signed receipt. He was told that it was not available but they would check it out and correct his bill if it was erroneous. He said he wasn't getting off the ship until they made it available and gave him a corrected statement. It turned up, was not his signature. They said they would correct his statement which they did. However, they had already put the bill through on his credit card with the spa treatment in it.

After a few calls and several weeks with no results he told them that if they didn't credit his ccount by the close of business the next day, he was going to dispute the entire bill with his credit card company because it was coming up on 60 days since he got his credit card bill. It was credited within hours. Apparently, that gets their attention.

I have read many posts where minor amounts have appeared on the credit card statement that weren't on the final statement. Probably half have let it go as it is not worth the hassle to correct it. Multiply that by the number of passengers and we are not talking chump change. As Ben Franklin said "pennies make dollars."

Tucker in Texas

I have never had a problem with the final balance. All passengers have the ability to check their balance as the cruise goes along. I check it at the end of every day to see if the charges are correct or not.

I am thinking most of the problems are when you get home not on the ship. You get your cc bill and it 's higher than your final bill from Carnival.

Exactly, i am not disputing my final bill given to me on the ship....its the charges added afterwards and yup its like 20 bucks so small that you really do go its no big deal not worth headache then i think is that what they want

Hold on a sec. $20 bucks? This is all about $20 bucks? OMG:rolleyes:

Sorry but I don't believe in "it's the principle of the thing" crap. How much is your time worth to correct this matter?

Hmmm... I always double check mine. I kinda figured everyone did... mine has always been spot on.

Me too!!!

It is really crummy that Carnival has made this mistake. I know it is extra work, but the only way anyone can get a refund in this instance is to take the time on the phone, or email or letter and letting the company know that a mistake was made.

OP

Since you used a debit card .... Are you sure it was not just a hold in place?

Seeing how you checked the day after returning if a hold is in place it may not have been lifted.

Lifts can take sometimes up to a week depending on your bank.

Check your account after 1 weeks time and see if you have been credited back the money you say is over charged.

..this is the first smart reply... :o

Eight years ago I went on a cruise with my mom. My mom had put down her credit card for both of us. During the cruise we had only charged about $400.00 whch was mostly shore excursions and tips. On the last night of the cruise she paid off the sail and sign bill with cash. On debarkation morning our final bill said we had a balance of $0.00. Three weeks after the cruise my mom received the credit card statement from the card she had put down for the our sail and sign account. One of the charges on the statement was for almost $2,000.00 for our sail and sign account. When my mom called Carnival she spent almost 1.5 hours on the phone trying to get it corrected. It took Carnival almost 5 weeks to undo the charge.

I have an American Express credit card and they are the best credit card when it comes to disputes-you just tell them what you are disputing(can do it over the phone) and they pull the charge and wait for a response from the vendor. The cruise lines or whatever vendor might give you a hard time and not give details, but with AE, they have to give one.

...and NO, I do not work for AE nor know anyone that does-just love the benefits of this particular credit card company. Not an ad for them-just my thoughts.

Hold on a sec. $20 bucks? This is all about $20 bucks? OMG:rolleyes:

Sorry but I don't believe in "it's the principle of the thing" crap. How much is your time worth to correct this matter?

I have read many posts where minor amounts have appeared on the credit card statement that weren't on the final statement. Probably half have let it go as it is not worth the hassle to correct it. Multiply that by the number of passengers and we are not talking chump change. As Ben Franklin said "pennies make dollars."

Tucker in Texas

many ppl are saying small amounts are appearing on their bills "after" (keyword) they get off ship and they ignore it because its small hmmmm if it was higher maybe more would complain so lets keep the mystery money low and few will dispute it. Its good to know you would allow a company ANY company to overcharge you but thats your choice to be billed for something you didn't purchase, and that 20 has no receipt and carnival cannot tell me what it was spent on so lets flip your OMG around on carnival and say OMG i cant believe that a 20 buck charge with no receipt that cannot be explained wasnt simply corrected for a customer that has taken 6 cruises and spent how much on each cruise.....OMG bad business because i can simply take my business down the pier lol

ps the overcharge was higher but they explained what the 7 bucks was for and gave me day/date/time and place i spent it...so not disputing that....but they cannot say what that pitiful lil 20 was spent on how are they so accurate in 1 instance and inaccurate in the other

you know, I bet a LOT of errors where the employee enters in the wrong # would magically go away if they used a giant pool of random numbers vs using sequential... something like random numbers from 1 to 87 trillion. Chances are if they enter the wrong one, it wouldn't be valid...

Or make people get pin #'s for their S&S cards.. so its the # plus a pin -- that would virtually eliminate charging the wrong card. Sure staff would have to carry around a pin pad, etc though

I have an American Express credit card and they are the best credit card when it comes to disputes-you just tell them what you are disputing(can do it over the phone) and they pull the charge and wait for a response from the vendor. The cruise lines or whatever vendor might give you a hard time and not give details, but with AE, they have to give one.

...and NO, I do not work for AE nor know anyone that does-just love the benefits of this particular credit card company. Not an ad for them-just my thoughts.

what a concept, to actually put the burden of proof on the vendor and not the customer, maybe i'll get AE just for cruises because from what i know now i'm never using a debit card again

Archived