Is something missing on Azura

SPACASTAN

Have just come back from a wonderful cruise on Azura. She is a brilliant ship with excellent facilities and staff, however i found that Azura lacked something and just couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Has anybody else found this with Azura.

Not in our view, no. We did her repositioning cruise in March and thought she was excellent - an extremely close second only to Arcadia. The dining choices are superb.

We'd have absolutely no hesitation in booking on her again and indeed are considering her for a World Cruise.

Have just come back from a wonderful cruise on Azura. She is a brilliant ship with excellent facilities and staff, however i found that Azura lacked something and just couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Has anybody else found this with Azura.

Yes very much so.

What is missing is ......................... Errrrr me.

I could have easily stayed on from a121.

We would go back in a flash.

Gan canny

Dai.

Uhmmm - while only having visited and not sailed, I personally would miss an indoor cinema and proper ballroom dance floor - I don't think you can call the middle of the atrium a dance floor! And also like Matty - thought The Retreat a very in-your-face bit of class separation...and people complain about Cunard !!

Hi i was onboard with Dai too, great ship, Sharon the dance floor is right against the Atrium Staircase,and is only half the space, seems an odd place for it to be. Some days in the Retreat i spotted only about 4 people in there,surely it cannot be paying its way.

Rob

I think Azura is trying too hard and has lost the sense of fun that the other ships have... you can't be everything to all people... but Azura seems to want to do this and thus misses every base.

Just my opinionated opinion!

BnBX

Being the size she is, she lacks the more intimate atmosphere of the smaller ships but we just love her. In terms of facilities, I agree it would be the icing on the cake to have a cinema like Oriana. We're not dancers and like the atrium but never even thought of using the retreat.

I think Azura is trying too hard and has lost the sense of fun that the other ships have... you can't be everything to all people... but Azura seems to want to do this and thus misses every base.

Just my opinionated opinion!

BnBX

You mean, you do not like her!!

Each to his/her own.

I still say there is little difference between the feel of any of P&O's ships. Only their size and facilities.

We are even contemplating doing freedom dining so we can use all the alternate dining facilities. That of course will have to wait until at least 2013 as we are committed until then:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Sharon the dance floor is right against the Atrium Staircase,and is only half the space, seems an odd place for it to be. Rob

I know - I just can't imagine dancing a lovely waltz while people are pushing past on their way elsewhere or leaning over from the deck above. It's a hall, not a ballroom! But that's fine - I'll just continue booking Oriana, Aurora and Adonia........

Have to agree. Azura didn't do it for me at all for lots of reasons. Staff and service like all the ships. Excellent. Hated the lack of indoor pool in cool weather. Hated the noise of the Seascreen and the incessant loud music everywhere. The Prom Deck isn't a patch on Arcadia. Never again for me.

There is a much better atmosphere on Ventura than Azura. Azura has slightly more 'snobby' feel about her, almost as though other passengers might look down their nose at you if you are having fun. I do think Azura has an identity crises as has been said. It really is trying to please everyone and its marketing from day one has been very mixed. It spreads itself so widely that is does nothing exceptionally. Ventura has a more relaxed feel despite being nearly identical.

There is a much better atmosphere on Ventura than Azura. Azura has slightly more 'snobby' feel about her, almost as though other passengers might look down their nose at you if you are having fun. I do think Azura has an identity crises as has been said. It really is trying to please everyone and its marketing from day one has been very mixed. It spreads itself so widely that is does nothing exceptionally. Ventura has a more relaxed feel despite being nearly identical.

Sorry do not agree, I think it depends on the passengers on that cruise. On a121 they were fairly lively. Well they were alive.

Seemed to be younger than on other cruises we have been on out of school hols.

Very like our last Ventura jaunt.

Anyway we do not care we just go and enjoy ourselves. Ship does not matter.

Gan canny

Dai.

OOOh I hope not!! I had enough of "cruise snobs" when I went on my first cruise 5 years ago ... I felt as if I was doing everything wrong!! :(

I am going on Azura in January (ex Barbados).

OOOh I hope not!! I had enough of "cruise snobs" when I went on my first cruise 5 years ago ... I felt as if I was doing everything wrong!! :(

I am going on Azura in January (ex Barbados).

Fear not - we found Azura had a wonderful atmosphere on board. There was a great mix of passengers and wasn't at all snobbish.

You'll have a fabulous time I'm certain.

We were slightly apprehensive before we sailed on Azura. We thought we might find it much to large for us. Prior to that we had been on all the fleet apart from Ventura and Aurora. We loved Oceana and she was our favourite ship. We had a fantastic time on Azura in the Caribbean earlier this year. We did not find it particularly noisy and met some lovely people. We enjoyed it so much that we are going on a Mediterranean cruise on her next year.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. We find that most cruises are what you make of them. We have our 10th cruise coming up in a couple of weeks and can honestly say we have enjoyed every one.

Carole

Yes I think it's me that is missing :)x

I have done that one, Azura/Ventura much the same and getting more so in March 2013, so I beleive.

Not for me however:rolleyes: well not until April. Until then Aurora is the best:D.

Unless we win the lottery and it could be both Azura and Ventura back to back. With a little of Oriana anf Arcadia thrown in.

As the song goes "Love the one you are with" or in our case "in"

Gan Canny

Dai

Archived