Private Tour from Le Havre to Paris?

jeno

Is this practical or are we better off taking a ship tour? We will be in port from 7AM to 8 PM. We are a group of four but I'm sure we could gather up more people to fill out a tour. Thanks!

Is this practical or are we better off taking a ship tour? We will be in port from 7AM to 8 PM. We are a group of four but I'm sure we could gather up more people to fill out a tour. Thanks!

We had a group of four and found it to be very costly to do this with four people. We ended up booking with Overlord Tours and their price is 800 euros for a van that holds eight passengers. We found people to join us on our roll call.

• 5 weeks later...

We did this in 2005 with a group of 8. The one problem I had with the tour was there just wasn't enough time to really see anything for any length of time. We saw the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame but only got to see the exterior of the Louvre, the Arch De Triumph and then drove by some of the other Paris highlight. We did stop near the Opera for lunch and had a choice of seeing it or eating lunch. One day is just not enough time for such a wonderful, unique and beautiful city.

Have a great next cruise.

I just returned from a cruise that stopped in Le Havre and Cherbourg and I used a wonderful tour guide for both ports. His name is Pierre Doublet (cabtourservices@orange.fr). The group I put together on CC opted to stay in the area from both ports (there is plenty to see!) but if you email Pierre he may be able to work out a tour to Paris for you, if that's what you want to do. If you do write to him, tell him Claire says hi!

Archived