Royal palms or Sea Grape

exodus farm

This will be our first time not buying a tour through the ship. How do we know what bus to take to either of these resorts? Do we need to make a reservation ahead of time or do we just show up and pay? Which one is better? Is it easy to get a cab or bus ride to get back to the cruise ship on time? How far from Port are these resorts?

Both beach clubs are sections of Seven Mile Beach, about 10 minutes or so from the port area.

Royal Palms is a bit closer than Sea Grape, but both are very easy to get to. A taxi is about $4-6 pp each way, or the bus is $2.50. Taxis will be waiting outside the terminal and the directions to the buses can be found in most of the bus threads currently active here.

Both are free, and there's no need to pre-book.

They're very similar in terms of facilities...showers, restrooms, beach bar/restaurant, rental chairs/umbrellas, watersports operators, etc. Royal Palms has a pool and there's a playground near Sea Grape.

You will find that most people have their favorite of the two, but they're really very similar spots when it comes down to it...

I've only been to Royal Palms. I loved it...except it's expensive! $10 for chairs, $10 for umbrellas. A beer and a hamburger were just shy of $20 American dollars! So, be prepared. I doubt it's any cheaper at Sea Grapes.

Here are a few pics from Royal Palms. The water is beautiful!

100_3456.jpg

100_3458.jpg

100_3459.jpg

100_3460.jpg

100_3457-1.jpg

I've only been to Royal Palms. I loved it...except it's expensive! $10 for chairs, $10 for umbrellas. A beer and a hamburger were just shy of $20 American dollars! So, be prepared. I doubt it's any cheaper at Sea Grapes.

100_3456.jpg

100_3458.jpg

100_3459.jpg

100_3460.jpg

100_3457-1.jpg

look like the WB bus does go there? Thought I read this resort can only be travelled by cab? Is this a day pass resort or just visit and pay?

look like the WB bus does go there? Thought I read this resort can only be travelled by cab? Is this a day pass resort or just visit and pay?

We took a cab to get there so don't know about the bus.

It's pay as you go.

Ok, so we are going to do an AI (Nachi Cocom) in Cozumel and it's $98 for the two of us. So,in GC, two chairs ($20), one umbrella ($10) and a hamburger and a couple of drinks should run about the same as the AI in Cozumel, just not all you can drink. I think we can live with that. Royal Palms looks great and I like the adults only pool idea. Thanks for sharing:D

Donna

• 2 months later...

It's all part of 7-mile beach. No need to book a hotel to use the beach or facilities that are avail all up and down the beach! There are chair/umbrella/watersport rentals all along the beach area. Restrooms and food/drink are avail, too!

we did royal palms. it was not bad but nothing to write home about. being that we travelled with our 5 year old it was disappointing that we could not use the pool.

i'm going to research sea grape

Don't know what you're referring to. We used the pool when we were there. Maybe it's just kids that can't use it.

Archived