Cabin 2473 Glory or Conquest Class ships

msstarr22

Hi everyone, a very chilly morning here in Ohio and I looked at my cruise counter and 153 days is so far away! My question is simple can anyone tell me about this cabin? I know there will be vibration at my age that should be good, isn't virbration stimulation!! Sure could use that!:rolleyes: Anyway I noticed it near a stairwell, is that a noise factor? I hope someone can give me pro/con's about this. I love the fact that there is extra room, and the tv is far from the bed. DH may actually give up on trying to see it.LOL I love the 2 windows. I truly hope this was a good idea.

the only stairs back there are 2462 and 2465, both have crew stairs behind them.

Iv been in both and no noise whatsoever.

At least you have a positive attitude about the vibration. I would not book back there unless it was cheaper .. did the above two cabins back when they were 1As.

We sail in a month on the Valor and have 2470. Our friends sailing with us have 2473. Will gladly report back with a cabin review.

Thanks, that would be wonderful. We are hoping our friends will book the opposite cabin so that will help with their decision. Any pictures you take would be appreciated as well but not necessary.

We had 2470 on the Carnival Glory two years ago and loved the cabin. The only time we really felt vibration was during docking. We loved having two windows and lots and lots of room. The TV is across the room but by the time we went to bed, it was just light for us. I will attach a few pictures to help get a visual. Remember yours will be a mirror image since it's on the other side of the ship. There was no noise back there.

138612334_CarnivalGlory008.jpg.ba9aabef5d853a5a993166f574d0cf56.jpg

1705655527_CarnivalGlory009.jpg.e812f835481a897c650605a7d7274c79.jpg

590531851_CarnivalGlory010.jpg.08cca83906fd2ece1c337ceafb0c9b38.jpg

We were in cabin 2473 on the Valor the first week of September. We loved the room. There is some vibration and noise when you arrive at the ports but we liked this room so much that we would book it again. I'll try and post my pictures of it if I can figuare out how.

Can someone help me with posting pictures? Thanks :)

It wasn't on the Carnival Valor.

I'm still trying to post my pictures but haven't figuared it out yet.

If it is that is no problem, I have a cane that travels with me, her name is Leanonme. Several things wrong with this ol girl but it won't stop me from cruising. I like the location as we like to hang out on the back of the ship and this is less walking for that part.

• 3 months later...

These two cabins are not handicap cabins. On the Valor this past November we had 2470 and our friends had 2473. We, as well as our friends, loved the cabins. We loved them so much that we booked the exact same ones on the Freedom for this upcoming May.

These were the worst cabins ever! Been aft before and never experienced the likes of this. This was over Christmas and NY cruises. The vibration and rattling were so bad things were dancing off stands, tables and cabinets. At 5 am in the morning one of those 6 ft panels over the lights vibrated right off the ceiling on stop of my bed when I was sleeping:eek:.

the rattling was so loud it took forever to get to sleep ! Guest services sent supervisor to see the panel and hear the noise.All she could say was oMg ! When shee knocked on the door , I couldn't hear her for the noise. uest services had to call me and say she ws at the door:eek: Almost everyone along the corner and the back of the ship complained. Mostcof us were given $259 in onboard credit and 10 percent off our next cruise ...it was very bad and I would be going back in that direction again. if you look at the panels on the lights, by the windows, you will see pieces of cardboard and Kleenex others have put in to stop the rattling from vibrations .....

Charleyann

Hi everyone, a very chilly morning here in Ohio and I looked at my cruise counter and 153 days is so far away! My question is simple can anyone tell me about this cabin? I know there will be vibration at my age that should be good, isn't virbration stimulation!! Sure could use that!:rolleyes: Anyway I noticed it near a stairwell, is that a noise factor? I hope someone can give me pro/con's about this. I love the fact that there is extra room, and the tv is far from the bed. DH may actually give up on trying to see it.LOL I love the 2 windows. I truly hope this was a good idea.

this cabin is the best. virbration is hardly at all we request this cabin on a few ships and half the time we get it. thee other times we were upgraded for free to a balony cabin. very few people realize how bit this cabin is. we turn down the upgrade. if we know before we board.

these cabins are also available on the dream magic and breeze.

bia

My friend and I have cabin 2470 for the next sailing after yours. Tell your friends to be good to our cabin! :o:D:p

The old guy is the funniest guy in the world hope he doesn't try to leave anything behind but one never knows about him. He is like John Heald so watch out for the underwear, LOL!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just had this cabin on the Carnival Conquest seven day cruise on 01/29/12. I also did a ton of research before I booked this cabin because of the size.

As my title suggest, this cabin can be terrific or terrible. Quick little history, we have had aft cabins before, knew there would be vibration from being in this location and that we would definitely feel it going into and out of ports. Also adults kids and their friends also had aft cabins

Here is my experience:

after getting out of the river in orleans the first 48 hours of the cruise was in very choppy waters. now the boat was rocking no matter where you were, however this cabin along with my kids aft cabins were terrible not just in regards to the rocking/swaying, but the vibrations were BIG TIME and the noise in all of our cabins were terrible and kept us up at night. As I was laying in the bed I thought wow this is a big cabin buy not worth this.

after this time the waters got calm and the cabin from hell went to the wow is this a great cabin and boy do we love the extra space. however each morning when you go into port (and leave port), the vibration just literally shakes the cabin an everything else in it to make so much noise it can be hard to hear when talking to someone in the cabin with you.

FINAL THOUGHT REVIEW: if you cruise in calm waters and you only have to deal with the vibrations/noises when you enter and leave port I would take this cabin in a second (the extra space is FANTASTIC). if you cruise in choppy waters and have to deal with the vibrations/swaying/noises all the time I would rather be home than live in this cabin (or any surrounding cabins).

in regards to stairwell for crew, never heard anyone, in calm waters when the cabin was great, it was very quiet in regards to workers/passengers being in the aft area,

Archived