best beach for good food

bomberchamp

We will be in st. Thomas for our anniversary and want to just go to a beach and hang out and snorkel. We want to celebrate with a real good lunch of possibly lobster or some sort of shrimp plate. Any suggestions of where the good beach and restaurants are?

Most of the beaches do not have the type of food you mention, only fast food. Secret Harbour has a restaurant that may be open for lunch depending on when you will be on Island. At the moment it is being remodeled. Many restaurants close in the fall for a month or so. If you post your dates it will be easier to help you. Enjoy your cruise.:)

B.

There is a restaurant at Bolongo called the Lobster Grill with lobster specialties. Also, I have heard that the beach restaurant at the Elysian has been reopened called the Lobster Shack (?). Are you asking about shrimp like scampi or like fried shrimp? I can't think of a place that would have that on the beach. Fish Tails in Red Hook has great seafood, but it is in a marina.

We will be there on feb 20th. I think something more than just fried shrimp is what we are looking for. We were on pinel island just off st. martin last year and they had lobsters in cages on the beach where you could pick the one you wanted out of the cage and they cooked it there for you. That is the kind od thing we are looking for if possible. If not we can catch a cab to a place if needed.

Bolongo Bay would be a good spot, I haven't eaten at the restaurant but Iggie's beach bar is fun.

Check on tripadvisor.com as there are a couple great restaurants with gorgeous water and sunset views and their names escape me. Localsailor s an expert on STT and can help you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived