Need a hotel in Ft Lauderdale

betmust

First thank you to everyone who answers on these threads. it is so helpful.

I have read through some of the threads but have not managed to get thru all of them.

I will be flying into Ft Lauderdale and landing about 2:30pm. We will need hotel for the night and going on a cruise the next morning. I would like something with a shuttle from airport to hotel and then hotel to cruise terminal in the morning.

Also need a place thats close to grab a quick supper and breakfast in the morning before going to the ship.

This is for March - should i book now or how long should I wait? I woukld imagine rooms fill up quick for cruises.

Thank you much for any help....

Book something you can live with and cancel without penalty, and then keep shopping. ;) March is high season in FLA and the prices can be high. :eek: Lots of chain hotels in the downtown/17th street area with free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance; if they do not offer a free shuttle to Port Everglades a taxi from any hotel in this area will be cheap (under $15). We like the Embassy Suites - big room, great breakfast, close to the port, and free happy hour! :D

Good luck! :)

Hotels that have what you are asking for including free shuttles and breakfast and walk to dinner:

La Quinta Hollywood

Sleep Inn Dania

Hampton Inn FLL north and south

Hyatt Place north & south (shuttle to port isn't free though)

Thank you all so much for your help.

I have sailed from this port before but never came in the day before. Getting tired of the early morning rushing to fly in and decided it was time to come the day before and have a relaxing day for cruise day.

I should have made it clearer-does not have to be free shuttle but just a way to get us there. Don't mind paying. I will have to start checking these all out.

Again, thank you all for your help..

If the shuttle isn't free don't use it, as taxis are convenient and will be cheap as long as you stay near the port/airport. Since the free shuttles aren't a priority for you, I would suggest staying on 17th St...these are all an easy walk to restaurants:

Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place north, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express Convention Center, Extended Stay

Renaissance seems to be the only 4* downtown hotel on Priceline and people "win" it all the time.

Value Trips has Hyatt Place north for good rates.

March is a busy month so book early.

If you're on a Princess cruise and want to stay at the Embassy Suites, then you can book the room through Princess and the transfers are included.

The Embassy Suites is a beautiful hotel, has a great breakfast, a manager's reception every night with complimentary snacks and open bar and there is a restaurant in the hotel if you don't want to go out for dinner. If you do want to go, there's a lot of options.

If you're on a Princess cruise and want to stay at the Embassy Suites, then you can book the room through Princess and the transfers are included.

The Embassy Suites is a beautiful hotel, has a great breakfast, a manager's reception every night with complimentary snacks and open bar and there is a restaurant in the hotel if you don't want to go out for dinner. If you do want to go, there's a lot of options.

No, I am on Royal Caribbean but thank you..

The SpringHill Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port offers free airport shuttle service and free shuttle service to the port. Breakfast is included with your stay. I'm not sure if there are restaurants nearby or not. Happy Cruising! :)

First thank you to everyone who answers on these threads. it is so helpful.

I have read through some of the threads but have not managed to get thru all of them.

I will be flying into Ft Lauderdale and landing about 2:30pm. We will need hotel for the night and going on a cruise the next morning. I would like something with a shuttle from airport to hotel and then hotel to cruise terminal in the morning.

Also need a place thats close to grab a quick supper and breakfast in the morning before going to the ship.

This is for March - should i book now or how long should I wait? I woukld imagine rooms fill up quick for cruises.

Thank you much for any help....

I will be staying at The Spring Hills Suites Hotel(Marriott) in Dania Beach. The rate includes shuttle to airport, cruise port and breakfast. There's also is a shopping plaza across the street with places to eat breakfast,lunch & dinner.

I booked my rooms in March for my up coming cruise in December, so I don't think its to early to book a room. :) You can check out the hotel reviews on Tripadvisor.com.

Good Luck!!

Last Time we took the transfers from the cruiseline, we were the first on the bus and had to wait forever for it to fill up. Said I'd never do it again. Also the driver wouldn't give us our luggage until we tipped him.

What time do they leave for the ship?

We stayed at the Renaissance in February. WORD OF WARNING! There are 2 Renaissance hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. Make sure you book the one on 17th street. The other Renaissance is 25 mins from the port. Our taxi started to take us to the wrong Renaissance. Would have been a very expensive mistake. If you happen to be a Marriott Rewards member, they have a great free breakfast, and free cocktail hour.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Incredibly friendly staff, and super close to the pier. We were going to take a cab to the pier(which the valet people told us would be about $5-$10), but they have a shuttle, and NO ONE was waiting for it. Hopped right on, and were at the pier in 5 minutes. If I remember correctly, it was $6 a person, and they told us NO tipping. We tipped anyways.

There is a CVS or Walgreens just across the street for booze and Cokes. We walked to the Publix and liquor store to get it, but would not do that again. Too far carrying heavy bags. We really enjoyed the hotel, and it is super close to the water taxi. If a pool is important to you, it is sort of small, and in a shady spot, so no sunbathing. But they have great loungers, and we enjoyed a couple of beverages out there after our long walk back from the liquor store!!

I'm sure you will fine wherever you decide to stay, especially if it's just for the night. Have a wonderul trip!

Last Time we took the transfers from the cruiseline, we were the first on the bus and had to wait forever for it to fill up. Said I'd never do it again. Also the driver wouldn't give us our luggage until we tipped him.

What time do they leave for the ship?

We were requested to report in and i.d. our baggage around 11am and were on the bus about 11:30 or so. We were on the ship just after noon. Of course, that was last year when the departure time was still 5pm.

We are staying at the Summerfield Suites. Cost was $129 plus tax. It got great reviews and comes with a full breakfast and it has a shuttle for $8 pp to the port. Plus when we called them to ask some questions, they were so friendly and helpful!

Roylacruz,

Have you stayed there?Is the restuarant good or should we dine elsewhere?

We have friends who eat at the restaurant in the Ritz, Via Luna, often and love it. It's pretty and has an ocean view if it is light outside. I went for lunch and it was good (not awesome) but it was really dead . I went for dinner when it was under a different management (it was Cero) and it wasn't that great. I prefer Casablanca Cafe, about 2 blocks north, but they don't take reservations. The hotel is elegant and has a very nice wine bar and pool deck. We sometimes stay at the beach for the weekend so it wasn't a bad question...I would like to stay there but my husband prefers the younger vibe at the W.

Archived