OBC for my birthday

TERRIER1

I just received a $50 OBC from Oceania for my upcoming birthday to be used through 2012. Is this new? I never received this before. I gladly accept the OBC with open arms.

I just received one as well....nice surprise and it is new and will be using it soon!! Arlene;)

I just received a $50 OBC from Oceania for my upcoming birthday to be used through 2012. Is this new? I never received this before. I gladly accept the OBC with open arms.

Congratulations on your windfall! :D

My recollection is that they have been sending the Birthday Credits for about two years now, although the number of recipients seems to rise as they build their list.

I can't quite determine what sources they are using to determine the birth dates. Mine is correct, but Stans' is wrong by about three months (and they made him younger, which kills me).

Aarp has been circling me lately like a shark that imagines that I've been recently dipped in bacon grease. :eek:

"Every Man over forty is a Scoundrel"

George Bernard Shaw

I just had a birthday about a week ago and received nothing! I did receive a card from two other lines but nothing from Oceania. I thought I got a card last year. Oh, well, I still like Oceania.

Pearl

Pearl, I'm with you. My birthday is tomorrow and I've gotten NOTHING! Not even a card ...

I think I'm feeling insulted ...

Happy Birthday Mura -- mine's tomorrow also!! Enjoy the day!! Arlene;)

P.S. I'm wondering if they are sending these out by number of cruises taken??

My husband's birthday is two days before mine and he received one also. I wonder if they take it from the passport info they have on file. This will be our fifth cruise in 2012 and it is the first time we ever received anything from O. I know where mine is going - right toward a reservation a La Reserve.

Mine was in July and I received nothing but my husband received one for his birthday in September.....and I make the bookings and the final payment are charged to my card. Not whining really.......just stating the facts.

ps/HAPPY BIRTHDAYS Arlene and Mura!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine was in July and I received nothing but my husband received one for his birthday in September.....and I make the bookings and the final payment are charged to my card. Not whining really.......just stating the facts.

ps/HAPPY BIRTHDAYS Arlene and Mura!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Thanks for the birthday wishes...I tend to think that perhaps O just started to do this starting in September. And probably nothing to do with number of cruises. Just a nice added touch! And would think that everyone will get one from this day forward!! Arlene;)

I just had a birthday about a week ago and received nothing! I did receive a card from two other lines but nothing from Oceania. I thought I got a card last year. Oh, well, I still like Oceania.

Pearl

They can just save the postage for us! Buddy & I both will celebrate our birthdays on the Riviera's MV. His is April 28 and mine is May 1st!!!! :D

I'm in Denver. Newest grandbaby born on Saturday. My son-in-law said this morning that Oct 5th was the most common birthday. Don't know why or if this is true. That said, nothing common about you two, but apparently you are in lots of good company.

On topic, I think I have received birthday cards. It would be great to receive OBC in January if I can wait until September to use it.

Marilyn

Those who did receive birthday OBC, how far in advance did it arrive? And do you have a certain number of previous sailings on O that you think might have qualified you?

Our upcoming O sailing (and our first time on O) ends one week before my birthday, but with pre-cruise activities, we are leaving way early--5 to 6 weeks before my birthday. I think it would be rather tacky to go up to the ship's customer service desk while enroute and say, "hey, my birthday is just over a week away. Did you guys send me some free credit that I can apply to my account now?" :)

Those who did receive birthday OBC, how far in advance did it arrive? And do you have a certain number of previous sailings on O that you think might have qualified you?

:)

My birthday is October 11 and my husband's is October 9th. We received the OBC and card last week. We completed our 4th O cruise in June and are booked again in 2012. I think O just started this perk. I don't know if you have to be a repeat cruiser.

A positive can create negative spin if it's not implemented correctly.

Those that rec cards or OBC - positive

Those that don't - negative

Having a birthday in less than a week and rec'd nothing (never have for that matter, nor has my DW) - I'm not about to worry about $50 but it does make you wonder...

Our upcoming O sailing (and our first time on O) ends one week before my birthday, but with pre-cruise activities, we are leaving way early--5 to 6 weeks before my birthday. I think it would be rather tacky to go up to the ship's customer service desk while enroute and say, "hey, my birthday is just over a week away. Did you guys send me some free credit that I can apply to my account now?" :)

No, that won't work...it's like..."who are you?":rolleyes:.

As my TA told me when I received mine in Sept. This was a new thing with "O". I had always received a birthday card but never a credit until this year. I have sailed with "O" 5 times at this point. This is all NEW.

I personally don't think you're going to get it for your first cruise on O. We've done about 8 (and 3 before that on Renaissance, not that O would count those 3) and neither of us has received any birthday OBC.

Since not everybody seems to have received birthday OBC, my guess is that there IS a minimum number of trips. What that minimum would be is beyond my ken.

Mura

Archived