Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

1253935_fpx.tif?wid=356&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Just picked this one up for $50 this afternoon. I am officially done shopping for my upcoming cruises!

N-19zZ175Z52jb53%3FNe%3D306589793%26ffsre%3Dout7

tracker.gif

now that is cute!

I love those short numbers...but I have way too much legs for that lol

now that is cute!

I love those short numbers...but I have way too much legs for that lol

Maybe try some flat sandals instead of heels? It'll shorten you a little. Being 5'4 I am always looking for heels to make me taller

Maybe try some flat sandals instead of heels? It'll shorten you a little. Being 5'4 I am always looking for heels to make me taller

Nope. Lol

My torso is pretty long also so whenever I wear shorter dresses my "cheeks", for lack of better words, are on the verge of playing peek-a-boo.

I'm 6 feet, btw :eek:

Edited by LEXIpoo

I love this thread! Do you realize it started in 2007! Amazing to have it running continuously for 5 years! (And I just found a similar thread that goes back as far as 2005!)

Even though some older photos are no longer accessible, this thread offers a cruise fashion history lesson that is very enjoyable.

Based on what I have seen, I would say there has been little alteration in formalwear styles over the last five years. Even in the oldest photos, folks look like they could be wearing the same dress today and be perfectly stylish.

After you posted this I started reading from the beginning as well (didn't make it as far as you) and I have now rediscovered eBay. I am going through my recent Athleta order and seeing what is on eBay so I can buy it cheaper and return the stuff on order when it arrives.

Nope. Lol

My torso is pretty long also so whenever I wear shorter dresses my "cheeks", for lack of better words, are on the verge of playing peek-a-boo.

yeah can't help that unless you want to slice a few inches off your torso. LOL

Nope. Lol

I totally understand. I am 5'11" with a long torso, so cocktail dresses are challenging to find in an appropriate length. I do pretty well with Nordstrom since they post accurate lengths from shoulder to hem. As long as you know the minimum length that will work for you, then you can find great dresses. It just takes more time and patience at our height. :D

Lisa

I totally understand. I am 5'11" with a long torso, so cocktail dresses are challenging to find in an appropriate length. I do pretty well with Nordstrom since they post accurate lengths from shoulder to hem. As long as you know the minimum length that will work for you, then you can find great dresses. It just takes more time and patience at our height. :D

Lisa

Thanks for that. I'm gonna check Nordstrom out.

Asos is pretty good also. They post the model's height, so I'm usually able to look at how it fits them and determine how it'll fit me.

I agree with Lois on the bronze.:) I would nix the ivory. There's just something about a light colored shoe with a darker dress that just seems off....maybe it's just me. A light shoe with a dark dress seem to fight rather than looking coordinated.The style may not be what you are looking for or could wear but here's something that Lois might have meant when she said a bronze print. I like them and think they would look great with your dress.

1987399-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

:)Thank you Lois R & iheartbda :)

This is really interesting about not wearing lighter colour shoes etc as i did go to the Hat and Fascinator shop and they were talking about similar Bronze colours to go with my dress so i will go on line and have a look into bronze print also i love those shoes but a little to high for me , i have an appointment on tuesday with the hat shop and take my dress with me and see what they are going to come up with so thank you for your help i am very greatfull for your advice now i am going to have a look for shoes thanks again both of you

Edited by cruise pair

1253935_fpx.tif?wid=356&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Just picked this one up for $50 this afternoon. I am officially done shopping for my upcoming cruises!

Yup... I said that all the times :D. Beautiful dress.

N-19zZ175Z52jb53%3FNe%3D306589793%26ffsre%3Dout7

tracker.gif

Sigh. I said that and then everything from my online shopping last week (minus this dress - still not here yet) was returned today! So I'm still looking for something to wear when I'm in Miami next month.

i got this dress for my DD for $5!!! perfect for white night

Oh and this but with red inside. Also for $5

Wow, you did really well.

I think I did pretty good at Dress Barn a couple weeks ago.

Found a dress on the 70% off rack that fits and looks pretty good. Got change back from $20.

2013-05-27201509-1_zps568ee7d3.jpg2013-05-27201527-1_zps8b6bc1a2.jpg

Ok, I am now an official believer in the great bargains at Ross. I am on a business trip in Nashville and decided to check out the Ross near my hotel this afternoon. I have gone to Ross before, but I never find dresses that are the appropriate length. I am 5'11", so cocktail dresses can be obscenely short and gowns that are short look stupid on me. :eek:

So, imagine how amazed I was to find a Calvin Klein Asymmetrical Jersey Gown in Indigo that not only fit and was long enough, but was only $24!!!! OMG, I am still doing my happy dance! The only issue was the abundance of fuzz balls at the hem and I easily picked those off at the hotel.

Here is my dress...

06c0c271-69ad-485e-bf99-c246e36378f3_zpsca47040f.jpg

Lisa

Ok, I am now an official believer in the great bargains at Ross. I am on a business trip in Nashville and decided to check out the Ross near my hotel this afternoon. I have gone to Ross before, but I never find dresses that are the appropriate length. I am 5'11", so cocktail dresses can be obscenely short and gowns that are short look stupid on me. :eek:

So, imagine how amazed I was to find a Calvin Klein Asymmetrical Jersey Gown in Indigo that not only fit and was long enough, but was only $24!!!! OMG, I am still doing my happy dance! The only issue was the abundance of fuzz balls at the hem and I easily picked those off at the hotel.

Here is my dress...

Lisa

AWESOME find Lisa! I've been singing the praises of Ross for a while. If you're willing to hunt, you can find some STEALS there. I, too, have latched on to several Calvin Klein dresses there. I get ties for Bob there too ... he will wear a tie MAYBE once, I'm not paying a fortune for one. I've also found cute shoes there as well as swimsuit cover ups and slips.

AWESOME find Lisa! I've been singing the praises of Ross for a while. If you're willing to hunt, you can find some STEALS there. I, too, have latched on to several Calvin Klein dresses there. I get ties for Bob there too ... he will wear a tie MAYBE once, I'm not paying a fortune for one. I've also found cute shoes there as well as swimsuit cover ups and slips.

You are so right, Judy. I went through a bunch of racks to find a few dresses, and this one sang to me.

Lisa

This is my Mom and me ... a couple of cruises ago ... both of these dresses came from Ross or Marshall's one (I want to say Marshall's but I can't swear to it) but I do know I paid about $50 TOTAL for the two dresses.

The other pic is a dress from Ross for a wedding (her colors were brown and green) - I think it was $20, and Bob's tie was like $7 and matched perfectly. I cropped our heads out. Bob would freak a bit if I put his picture here!

228168_10150235049491810_4628229_n.jpg.778b60ed54d39d249ecd46f179130c6e.jpg

254341_10150273335086810_5013307_n.jpg.82cebdbc98f537b4429f2514d40065c5.jpg

Here is my dress...

Lisa

Love the gown! I LOVE your hair.

M

Edited by Porthopper101

I LOVE your hair.

M

I thought the SAME thing! It's so cute! Mine was that short but I'm trying DESPERATELY to leave the length so I have something for the girl and Toni and Guy to work with wedding-hair wise. But these bangs are driving me CRAAAAAZZZZZY!

Thank you Marie and Judy! I had a pixie for a few years and then decided to keep everything super short except for the sweeping bang (I guess that is what it's called). I am very fortunate to have a stylist that is fantastic with short styles and is also a color guru. :D

DH thinks the long bang is very sexy, so it's here to stay.

Lisa

Me, too! I can't decide if it is my store or my dress size but never can find anything.

BTW, love that blue dress, Lisa!

I am convinced that the stores in Knoxville have a horrible selection and it's not my size. I was shocked at how many designer dresses were in my size at the store I went to in Nashville. I am back out here in a few weeks and will definitely do more shopping.

Lisa

I am convinced that the stores in Knoxville have a horrible selection and it's not my size. I was shocked at how many designer dresses were in my size at the store I went to in Nashville. I am back out here in a few weeks and will definitely do more shopping.

Lisa

There are no fewer than five Ross stores in every direction from me, all less than than 15 minutes away ... they have different inventory at the same time and I can go back a week later and find completely different things. I've also noticed they don't wait until the end of the season to put things on clearance or mark them down. It's a crap shoot ... I never know if I'll leave empty handed or needing a U-Haul!