Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Geocruiser, I agree. Maybe some pearls?

Here I am in my thrift store dress. I think I paid $25 for this. My husband brought his suit, but forgot his dress shirts! He was a sport and dressed down even though I was dressed up. I wanted pictures as it's a tradition with us and he agreed to go through with it even though he felt way too casual.

November2013MexicanRiviera_zps33d057ef.jpg

I always dress up more than my DH. I don't care though, we are on vacation!

The Ralph Lauren post reminded me - I have a similar bridesmaid's dress.

This is the dress, but in black. (it has a little sparkle in the bust area)

BAlf155.jpg

Do you think it would be formal for Formal Night on Carnival?

I am pretty sure the last cruise I did I just wore a LBD and skipped the second night. I can't seem to remember how dressy it is.

You can definitely wear it. You'll see everything from casual to very formal. If you like it wear it. I have been lucky enough to squire of couple of Marie's gowns and I'm going to wear them!

Here are a couple dresses I just won on Ebay. An Old Navy maxi dress:

$(KGrHqN,!qsFHM(EYMQEBR5c(p81Zw~~60_57.JPG?rt=nc

A Tahari gown I'd like to dress up with a belt and the right shoes:

$_57.JPG

Love the cut of the first dress (great for people like me with a pear shape!).

Is the blue gown velvet? I think it is quite stunning and would not add a belt to it. Just a dangling earring and a bracelet.

$T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySfVBBROZGiVS2w~~60_3.JPG

I wear sun dresses/maxi dresses on all my cruises. Just scored this one for $7.50 on Ebay, brand new, no shipping charges!

You all are killing me. I want to shop when we get to Florida but all the buys you guys are getting on Ebay makes me want to shop.

I love this dress so much.

Oh, so glad someone else is having withdrawal! :D

I have not worn the gown yet, it's for our 35th. anniversary cruise which is in Nov. 2014. I will post a picture then, as I'm trying to keep it a secret ;) from my DH !

I'll look forward to seeing you in the dress! If I recall, it's a stunning dress and when I saw you(or someone else) post the picture I thought it would be perfect for my vow renewal ceremony on a cruise, if I ever have one, LOL!

Edited by cruz4evr

The Ralph Lauren post reminded me - I have a similar bridesmaid's dress.

This is the dress, but in black. (it has a little sparkle in the bust area)

BAlf155.jpg

Do you think it would be formal for Formal Night on Carnival?

I am pretty sure the last cruise I did I just wore a LBD and skipped the second night. I can't seem to remember how dressy it is.

That is a beautiful dress and I think it would be perfect for formal night on Carnival. You will see all sorts of dress lengths and styles that night but what is important is whether or not you're comfortable in your dress choice and if it makes you happy.....don't worry about what others are wearing.

Bridesmaids dresses are fine to wear these days. It used to be that people didn't wear a lot of color in evening gowns, but bridesmaids dresses came in every bright and pastel color. Today we wear every color anyway, and bridesmaids dresses are no longer styled like Little Bo Peep!

I agree with you 100%! :D

Here are a couple dresses I just won on Ebay. An Old Navy maxi dress:

$(KGrHqN,!qsFHM(EYMQEBR5c(p81Zw~~60_57.JPG?rt=nc

A Tahari gown I'd like to dress up with a belt and the right shoes:

$_57.JPG

I like both dresses! The Tahari dress has a very elegant style and would look fine without a belt but try it on anyway with a belt and see what you think. Long pearls would look stunning with the second gown or a silver necklace. :)

Geocruiser, I agree. Maybe some pearls?

Here I am in my thrift store dress. I think I paid $25 for this. My husband brought his suit, but forgot his dress shirts! He was a sport and dressed down even though I was dressed up. I wanted pictures as it's a tradition with us and he agreed to go through with it even though he felt way too casual.

November2013MexicanRiviera_zps33d057ef.jpg

Love the dress and the color compliments your hair and complexion. What a great bargain too!

Edited by cruz4evr

I'm getting ready to order this dress. My fiancee' picked it out. He loves it to death. Hope I can find the right type of heels for it. Ahhhh, a new search now. LOL<a href=dress.jpg' alt='dress.jpg'>

I can see why your fiancée likes this dress, it's very cute and a great color! Good luck with your shoe search! :)

$T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySfVBBROZGiVS2w~~60_3.JPG

I wear sun dresses/maxi dresses on all my cruises. Just scored this one for $7.50 on Ebay, brand new, no shipping charges!

That's a cute dress and a style not easy to find. You really lucked out with the price too!:)

We got back on Friday from our Legend of the Seas cruise. Unfortunately Walt and I both got sick on the cruise, so I did not get to wear all of my dresses. We missed the 2nd formal night since I was in bed all day, but we made the best of it. It was a great trip despite getting the flu.

Adrianna Papell

P1010576_zpsc0f689ff.jpg

JS Collections

P1220006_zps8cdff6f7.jpg

Tadashi Shoji

P1160002_zpsf8c0dcbd.jpg

White House Black Market

P1010520_zpsae55a3db.jpg

Calvin Klein

P1010508_zps71ef1f3b.jpg

I think there are a few more dress pictures that are on Walt's camera that I need to download later.

Lisa

We got back on Friday from our Legend of the Seas cruise. Unfortunately Walt and I both got sick on the cruise, so I did not get to wear all of my dresses. We missed the 2nd formal night since I was in bed all day, but we made the best of it. It was a great trip despite getting the flu.

Adrianna Papell

P1010576_zpsc0f689ff.jpg

edited

I think there are a few more dress pictures that are on Walt's camera that I need to download later.

Lisa

I have a very similar dress, its a darker blue and a little shorter. I love it. Won't be able to wear it this cruise though.

Loved your dresses, especially #1 and 2.

Glad you had a good trip despite getting sick.

What a bummer that you both got sick:(Your dresses were great though. I really like that Tadashi dress!

Michelle

We got back on Friday from our Legend of the Seas cruise. Unfortunately Walt and I both got sick on the cruise, so I did not get to wear all of my dresses. We missed the 2nd formal night since I was in bed all day, but we made the best of it. It was a great trip

Lisa

I think it would be good for elegant night on Carnival. I wear gowns on elegant nights and cocktail dresses/nice dresses for casual nights and I'm never the only one.

That's our style too, and you're right, fortunately you won't be all alone enjoying getting dressed up a little! :)

If all goes well, Mom and I will be taking another cruise! This time in August, the HAL Rotterdam Midnight Sun. This will go to the Norwegian Fjords and above the arctic circle.

Yay, I get to get all prettied up again!

Also, this is great incentive to keep my weight off!

Adrianna Papell

P1010576_zpsc0f689ff.jpg

JS Collections

P1220006_zps8cdff6f7.jpg

Lisa

Hi Lisa,I was following your live Legend thread and loved reading and seeing your beautiful dresses! The first two are my favorites, great colors for you!

I hope both of you are feeling better by now. :)

Finally got all my pictures done from our Oasis cruise at the beginning of December. My DH and I along with our DS & DDIL were celebrating birthdays. My sister & her hubby also joined us. This is from the 1st. formal night. I'm wearing a gown that sweet Marie sent to me. Enjoy! :)

OasisFormalGroupShot_zps8a931893.jpg