Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Amy, I forgot to say:

Designer dress on eBay? Are you sure it's real? Be careful!!

I never buy any designer staff on eBay, except from its original web or

their store or the outlet. I think the summer sales is starting soon (at least in Germany) :D

Well, considering it's only at $20.50 right now, I'm not too concerned! LOL Plus it's listed as vintage.

Edited by magandab

Yes, I am sure I will find something. But I can't wear strapless dress because

I don't have enough boobs. :(

It works both ways...I cannot wear a strappless because I am too large.

I don't feel comfortable without straps.

I just got this dress on ebay for my mom, though she doesn't know it yet. I'm also waiting until Friday to see if I win one for me. I'm doubtful as that one is an expensive designer dress and I expect it will go sky high at the last minute. :(

$T2eC16hHJF0FFZ3rupMbBRdt5Ep71g~~60_57.JPG

This is the dress I'm hoping to get for me. It's navy blue, not sure why all the photos look black and white.

$T2eC16RHJHsFGku(cqGhBRu5p8WSmg~~60_58.JPG

Both of these dresses are really pretty. Your mother will be delighted with your gift.

This is the dress I'm hoping to get for me. It's navy blue, not sure why all the photos look black and white.

Love the dress you got for your mother. She sounds like she would be fun to be with on a cruise. Hope you win your dress!

Well, I got outbid on the dress on ebay (it is a Carmen Marc Valvo, BTW) and don't plan to rebid. I guess it worked out for the best, since I had a GREAT trip to Marshall's today. Two new dresses!

One green one for formal night:

ry%3D480

And one more casual blue one.

ry%3D480

Sorry for the bad quality photos. I used my phone and the mirror was dirty - in the middle of a major remodel/redecorating.

Amy,

They are both very nice! That green is a great color on you too! I just have to go check out Marshalls and Ross it seems - I've never even noticed formal wear there - but I've never really looked for it!

Debbie

Well, I got outbid on the dress on ebay (it is a Carmen Marc Valvo, BTW) and don't plan to rebid. I guess it worked out for the best, since I had a GREAT trip to Marshall's today. Two new dresses!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Sorry for the bad quality photos. I used my phone and the mirror was dirty - in the middle of a major remodel/redecorating.

Both are very pretty.....I love the blue one:)

ry%3D480

I absolutely LOVE the green gown! The color and shape are fantastic on you! :D

Lisa

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Great dresses and they fit & flatter you !

Here are my black silk pants. The top was beaded in parts but doen't show up to much. I actually donated the top to the sale that they have on Cunard at the end of a World cruise. You can donate things you no longer need or stuff you have bought that you wish you hadn't:)

NEWYORK2011QE095_zps82b53463.jpg

This was another top I donated

[/url].

This is Karen Millen dress. I wear a lot of her stuff. No good if you are any bigger than a size 14 UK. Her clothes are small fitting.I am wearing the bling here Debbie;)

These are silk pants I have my pants made here in Cyprus. The top is Karen Millen. The pants are silver grey and I think it is a good colour to ring the changes with rather than black.

nDSC00325.jpg

Maggiemou,

I loved both of the outfits that cinch right below the bustline. They really seem to flatter your figure amazingly. I actually really really REALLY liked them both. The navy-blue-white pinstripe top is less formal, but the style makes it a lot of fun. The maroon-with-black-top coupled with the black pants looks very impressive, and completely appropriate for formal night. The other two didn't appeal to me as much, but these two (pictured) are completely fabulous and appropriate.

Amy -- love both dresses and they both flatter your figure so well.

Your bag will go out tomorrow as I have been so busy with work and doctors appointments for me this week that I have not been able to get to the post office.

Friday I have to go to the oral surgeon to have a tooth taken out - bad infection and since I have an irrational fear of dentists - my dentist sent me to oral surgeon to do so he can sedate me :D

And then on Monday at 6:15 have to report to surgical center for a 7:15 procedure - again with sedation - to get an epidural in my back/ I was told a few weeks ago by my orthopedic surgeon that I need at hip replacement for my left hip - severely arthritic and basically bone on bone and throw in some bone spurs for good measure. I tried an injection in February and it did not help. So Ortho ordered a back MRI as I was also having back pain to see if it was all caused by bad hip OR if there was more than one thing going one. So Monday I went to another ortho in the practice who specializes in pain management and she went over the MRO and yes there are lower back issues that are making my hip worse and pain almost unbearable. Seem there are several bulging disc and the L-5 - S1 has a slight tear. But the biggest issue it seems is there seems a pinched nerve which is clearly contributing to my pain.

So before we do anything with the hip (which is good) and hopefully put it off for a few years, we are going to try a series of epidural shots in my back (first Monday and then July22 and then August 12th). She said if this helps then we can start on PT to build up my back and core strength as at the moment I could not do it because of pain and movement issues (including slowed lower leg reflexes). Also this will hopefully allow me to have less pain and be able to fully enjoy my Baltic cruise in 2 weeks. We will see.

And work is crazy - trying to get most things done before I go away. AND one more thing I have not really started to pack - this weekend that is the goal to at least layout clothing and try to pack.

So Amy tomorrow bag will go out.

hugs all

Sharon

Your bag will go out tomorrow as I have been so busy with work and doctors appointments for me this week that I have not been able to get to the post office.

Friday I have to go to the oral surgeon to have a tooth taken out - bad infection and since I have an irrational fear of dentists - my dentist sent me to oral surgeon to do so he can sedate me :D

And then on Monday at 6:15 have to report to surgical center for a 7:15 procedure - again with sedation - to get an epidural in my back/ I was told a few weeks ago by my orthopedic surgeon that I need at hip replacement for my left hip - severely arthritic and basically bone on bone and throw in some bone spurs for good measure. I tried an injection in February and it did not help. So Ortho ordered a back MRI as I was also having back pain to see if it was all caused by bad hip OR if there was more than one thing going one. So Monday I went to another ortho in the practice who specializes in pain management and she went over the MRO and yes there are lower back issues that are making my hip worse and pain almost unbearable. Seem there are several bulging disc and the L-5 - S1 has a slight tear. But the biggest issue it seems is there seems a pinched nerve which is clearly contributing to my pain.

So before we do anything with the hip (which is good) and hopefully put it off for a few years, we are going to try a series of epidural shots in my back (first Monday and then July22 and then August 12th). She said if this helps then we can start on PT to build up my back and core strength as at the moment I could not do it because of pain and movement issues (including slowed lower leg reflexes). Also this will hopefully allow me to have less pain and be able to fully enjoy my Baltic cruise in 2 weeks. We will see.

And work is crazy - trying to get most things done before I go away. AND one more thing I have not really started to pack - this weekend that is the goal to at least layout clothing and try to pack.

hugs all

Sharon

I hope all goes well for you. Looking forward to meeting you soon. Our bags are out as we leave in 7 days. I have our formal dresses all organised after reading this forum. Are you going gown or cocktail for the formal night?

Lets hope your injections help so that you will be able to dance away the thought of turning 50.

hugs all

Sharon

Sharon,

So sorry to hear about what you are going through. We will need to get together after you return from your cruise since we live so close (I'm in Kingstowne). I hope everything goes well at both of the the Doctors. Seems as though quite a few of us are less than 100% and it is nice to have such a great group of people here for support.

I'm having surgery tomorrow on my sinuses for the first time. The worst part for me is being knocked out - that always stresses me out but as long as I wake up (I have THREE cruises in the next year and a half and I can't miss them! LOL) then I will be okay.

I say an extra prayer every night for my CC friends and I wish the best to all of you going through these challenges.

Debbie

Edited by Debinnova

hugs all

Sharon

Wow Sharon, what a lot on your plate! Good luck that they can resolve the pinched nerve and give you a break before your hip replacement. Thanks for sending out the bag. It's not like I'm in a hurry, my cruise isn't for 5-1/2 months! Please let us know how your procedure goes. If you do end up with the THR, have no fear. My mom has had both done and she's absolutely the poster child for the surgery. She dreaded the first one and couldn't wait to have the second one done.

Look at it this way. Every day before the surgery, your condition and pain get worse. Starting the day after the surgery, it gets better every day!

I hope all goes well for you. Looking forward to meeting you soon. Our bags are out as we leave in 7 days. I have our formal dresses all organised after reading this forum. Are you going gown or cocktail for the formal night?

Lets hope your injections help so that you will be able to dance away the thought of turning 50.

Looking forward to meeting you too as it is very possible I will be spending several weeks if not a month or more in Australia in the next 4-9 months because of a major proposal I am the contract lead on and it will be nice to knew a person or two. Also my boys (the twins) are looking forward to meeting your daughter.

We leave in 14 days - flying out July 4th and have started to get clothes out. For Formal wear - if you scroll up you will see the red gown that I just got which I will wear on the first formal night as I believe that is the night I will be embarrassed in the MDR by my family for my birthday. As 90% of my wardrobe is black and this is the first formal gown (dress) I have bought that is not black in almost 20 years I plan to enjoy it.

As for the other formal nights, bringing a few options -- One is a short ruffled/layered chiffon that is fairly formal but short (wore it to my nieces bat mitzvah) and I also have a long black gown. I have very dressy strappy shoes and Marie has sent me a pair if Jimmy Choos - have not received yet (assume they will be there when I get back to the office next Tuesday)

I love dresses and in general wear them during the day and in the evening. I am so excited to get away for 2+ weeks.

I am hopeful that the first shot provides enough relief I can wear and ENJOY wearing my heels ( I love them but for past few weeks have been wearing basically nothing but slip on leather keds, even for work.

Just need to get thru tomorrow AM as have the oral surgeon to do some work and remove an infected and impacted tooth that is causing me so much pain - so much so I am about to get in bed now (4"30 PM here) and try to sleep for awhile

Sharon

Sharon,

Thinking of you over the next few days' medical procedures. Hope all goes well so you can enjoy your Baltic cruise on Connie. Take care!

Kathi

Thanks Kathi = after today it has to get better - has not been a good one - luckily my job is understanding despite me having a lot to do and then going away - they know I will catch up this weekend - as today I am so out of sorts as my tooth is killing me despite pain meds and antibiotics.

I am so looking forward to the cruise so NOTHING is going to stop me for enjoying it

Sharon

Wow Sharon, what a lot on your plate! Good luck that they can resolve the pinched nerve and give you a break before your hip replacement. Thanks for sending out the bag. It's not like I'm in a hurry, my cruise isn't for 5-1/2 months! Please let us know how your procedure goes. If you do end up with the THR, have no fear. My mom has had both done and she's absolutely the poster child for the surgery. She dreaded the first one and couldn't wait to have the second one done.

Look at it this way. Every day before the surgery, your condition and pain get worse. Starting the day after the surgery, it gets better every day!

Thanks Amy with 3 boys with significant medical issues there is always something on my plate and my friend Anne (one of her sons has same disease and she also works full time) and I joke that the book how does she doe it is about us - except we juggle a lot more :D

I am hoping that the epidurals help so I can push the hip replacement off for at least a year or 2. Today I am in dire pain for my tooth - so much so I wish I could pull it out myself.

Thanks for your kind words

Sharon