Mercury Sky Deck - hot tub?

Yes! But it was never very warm the entire cruise; not sure why? The only real warm hot tubs (of the four in this area) were the two next to the band stage. We just got off the Mercury this past Wed, March 30th.

Enjoy!

Kel

We thought Deck 12 was very convenient. Walk forward above the pool area and aft above the buffet and back pool area. There are two sets of elevators, one forward and one aft. Very quiet, with no foot traffic through this part of the ship. Yolanda was our cabin person, and she was the best!

Enjoy!

Kel

We, too loved Sky Deck 12 on the Mercury. My husband used the hot tub, which was only a few steps away, although I never found the time. It overlooks the pool area on Deck 11. We enjoyed having the walking track right there on Deck 12, and if we went forward we came to the Navigator Club, which is great for viewing. We also used the covered area on Deck 12, which overlooks the pools on Deck 11. We called it our "porch" and would often meet our friends who cruised with us there, to play cards, read, or just hang out. The Mercury was a beautiful ship, and we found our way around very easily.

Joy

We are going to be in our first suite this summer,deck 12 cabin 1211. I was wondering about tipping the butler. I hear he brings breakfast and snacks when you want them, do you tip him every time he brings you something or at the end of the cruise? In the past we always have tipped for room service or the bartenders as we use them. What did you folks do?

We are going to be in our first suite this summer,deck 12 cabin 1211. I was wondering about tipping the butler. I hear he brings breakfast and snacks when you want them, do you tip him every time he brings you something or at the end of the cruise? In the past we always have tipped for room service or the bartenders as we use them. What did you folks do?

Emma, since this is your first suite experience, you might want to do a search on butlers on this forum. There's lots of information there.

We tip the butler at the end of the cruise...$3.50 a day PP is suggested, more depending upon the level of service.

Enjoy!

I've been reading this thread with interest as I'm taking my mom on a Mother's Day cruise on May 4. We're staying in one of the few CC rooms on Sky Deck, and I know that it's always nice to have a secret spot that the hordes don't know about - sounds like the Sky Deck is that place - somewhere quiet to hang out and read - and now I learn that there is a hot tub there, too. This is my first cruise on Celebrity; I am really looking forward to it. I've traveled on the HAL Statendam class ships - and my favorite deck to stay there is the Navigation deck - just walk right out the aft doors and there's a wonderful place to sit and get away from it all.

I also heard a rumor that our room has a larger-than-standard balcony - for which I'm grateful. I have also heard that the balconies are too cool for sea days, but I didn't find that on the HAL Mexican Riviera cruises - maybe it's just that people have been commenting on trips taken in the late winter rather than in May.

Happy sailing,

Karenlynne

Archived