Hope this doesn't start wwiii - hal's confirmation of the smoking policy

startwin

We are thinking of taking a cruise on HAL over Christmas. We have not sailed with HAL in the past, but like the itinerary. Both of us smoke; however, we never smoke in our house and never have smoked in our cabin on cruises. We always get a balcony cabin and do go out on the balcony to have a cigarette. We are always concerned about offending other peole while on our balcony at night.

How does smoking on HAL compare to Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Carnival? Do you think we will have a problem having a couple cigarettes on the balcony at night?

Thanks,

Gary

We are thinking of taking a cruise on HAL over Christmas. We have not sailed with HAL in the past, but like the itinerary. Both of us smoke; however, we never smoke in our house and never have smoked in our cabin on cruises. We always get a balcony cabin and do go out on the balcony to have a cigarette. We are always concerned about offending other peole while on our balcony at night.

How does smoking on HAL compare to Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Carnival? Do you think we will have a problem having a couple cigarettes on the balcony at night?

Thanks,

Gary

We have sailed HAL and have had smoking neighbors. We have never had an issue with smelling smoke on our balcony.

It depends upon who your neighbors are. Some will swear they can smell smoke, even if you aren't smoking.:rolleyes: Others will accept that you smoke and will compromise with you so that you can all enjoy your balconies.:)

I also would like to hear that explanation. I don't think anyone cares about the fine, ........

You just said it yourself and still :confused: that is just what I said it is Not about the fine. Door opens and someone smells smoke from outside........it is about smoking.

Star & Sail if you don't understand and I don't mean to be rude but start over at post 1. How many times does a person need to post/repost to add an extra thought about "policy/fine"? I don't mean to point either of you two out but my statement was defined about what this thread is Not about.

I wish everyone the best cruise ever. My the nonsmokers not smell it and my the smokers enjoy their cruise without all the complaining

You just said it yourself and still :confused: that is just what I said it is Not about the fine. Door opens and someone smells smoke from outside........it is about smoking.

Star & Sail if you don't understand and I don't mean to be rude but start over at post 1. How many times does a person need to post/repost to add an extra thought about "policy/fine"? I don't mean to point either of you two out but my statement was defined about what this thread is Not about.

I wish everyone the best cruise ever. My the nonsmokers not smell it and my the smokers enjoy their cruise without all the complaining

Well, I'm every bit as thick as Star and Sail because I still don't get your point. You say that your statement "was definied about what this thread is Not about." I just typed that and I still have no idea what it means. You don't like this thread? You don't like the posts on it? If you aren't happy with this thead, don't read it.

Well, I'm every bit as thick as Star and Sail because I still don't get your point. You say that your statement "was definied about what this thread is Not about." I just typed that and I still have no idea what it means. You don't like this thread? You don't like the posts on it? If you aren't happy with this thead, don't read it.

I said I was not going to post on this thread again, but I have to break that promise.

I ask that you all respect startwin's original request and keep this as a polite thread please???

It is starting to take a nasty turn and she did not want that.

So please, let's go back to being nice. And please respect startwin, the OP. PLEASE??

Joanie

Thanks,

Gary

I also cruise Royal Caribbean, and I think with the new rule about not smoking in the cabins, it'll be pretty much the same on HAL as it is on RCI. I don't smoke and as long as my neighbour isn't out on the balcony 24/7 puffing away, I don't see any problem!

But this thread is about how HAL is planning to enforce the new rules after Jan/12, and only time will tell.

Sorry, but your post made no sense! Especially the last sentence which I'm still waiting for an explanation on. Forget the insults and just explain it please.

I said I was not going to post on this thread again, but I have to break that promise.

I ask that you all respect startwin's original request and keep this as a polite thread please???

It is starting to take a nasty turn and she did not want that.

So please, let's go back to being nice. And please respect startwin, the OP. PLEASE??

Joanie

Joanie, I don't think anyone is getting nasty.... just confused:confused: That particular poster made no sense, and even his/her explanation made no sense. I'm not taking offence at it, it's just plain silly.

Archived