NCL Star - Barong Spa and Lap Pool/Jacuzzi

rajones007

Stupid question coming up, and I'm sorry if it's been asked and answered...I searched but was unsuccessful.

Do you need to buy a pass to the Barong Spa to use the Lap Pool/Jacuzzi on the Star?

The reason I ask is the NCL website shows those two separately when it mentions public areas on Deck 11.

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/decks/2/11#tab_detail

Just wondering, that's all. My GF wants a Spa pass, but I have no reason to buy one myself. But I would like to use the indoor pool/jacuzzi.

Here's a link to some first hand info from January. My recollection is that you must buy a spa pass to use any of the spa facilities (including the lap pool) unless you have a spa treatment, then you get to use the spa for the day (although, that may vary too as some have said they were allowed use of the facilities prior to their appt. but not after.) HTH

Here's a link to some first hand info from January. My recollection is that you must buy a spa pass to use any of the spa facilities (including the lap pool) unless you have a spa treatment, then you get to use the spa for the day (although, that may vary too as some have said they were allowed use of the facilities prior to their appt. but not after.) HTH

Thank you very much.

In the link you provided, post #6 confuses me to no end. It says the floor to ceiling windows face the front of the ship. :confused:

Also...When people say "thermal suite" do they mean the Barong spa?

Thank you very much.

In the link you provided, post #6 confuses me to no end. It says the floor to ceiling windows face the front of the ship. :confused:

Also...When people say "thermal suite" do they mean the Barong spa?

ha. I caught that too...the windows face the back of the ship.

I believe the thermal suite is inside the confines of the Barong Spa facility. In other words, you must pass by the Spa reception desk to enter the Thermal Suite.

Okay, so what is the Thermal Suite? And how does it differ from the Barong Spa?

I'm really sorry if these are stupid questions, but now I'm even more confused. I sincerely appreciate your patience with me while I try to wrap my brain around this.

The Barong Spa is the name for the treatment rooms, salon, etc. The Spa is where you would book your massages, facials, etc.

The Thermal Suite would refer to the part of the spa that houses the sauna, steam room, showers, lounge chairs, therapy pools, and lap pool.

In the men's section there are two soaking tubs, one warm and one ice cold! It's quite invigorating to steam it up in the sauna and then get in the cold tub. YOW!

Hope this helps.

Okay, so what is the Thermal Suite? And how does it differ from the Barong Spa?

I'm really sorry if these are stupid questions, but now I'm even more confused. I sincerely appreciate your patience with me while I try to wrap my brain around this.

The term Thermal Suite is part of the Barong Spa offerings.

The Thermal Suite refers to the Sauna, Steam Room and hot tub in the male or female areas of the spa and the pool room (lap pool, thalo whirlpool and hot tub as well as a seating area overlooking the stern) is coed and does not include any spa services such as massages.

You get access to both the Thermal Suite and Pool room when you buy a spa pass but that pass does not include other services. They will sell cruise passes (I think they have 100 available price varies based on lenght of cruise) and if not sold out, sell day passes for use of both areas. Sometimes when passengers purchase other spa services they will also be given access to the Thermal Suite before or after their service i.e. facial or massage.

Hope this helps!

Archived