Taking drinks off-board on half moon cay

ababrooks

I have ordered a couple of liters of Absolut to be delivered to my room through Bon Voyage, and am bringing Cokes/wine on board. Are we allowed to take these drinks to the beach with us or will we have to buy other drinks on the islands (like Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay). The major islands I'm not worried about, but it would be nice to make our own drink on the beach if possible rather than having to pay Carnival prices. Thanks!

I've never had my bag searched or x-rayed when I leave a ship, just getting back on. I think, as long as you drink it all there, you should be fine. I think you would have a problem getting back on the ship with a bottle. You will have to put your items through the x-ray machine when you reboard, even at the private island.

The one time we did that, we had a soda bottle (20oz) that had been drunk (drank? drinken?), and we put the vodka in there so not to worry about glass, and then brought a few cans of sprite, and poured our own drinks right on the beach, and nobody said anything.

to HMC many times. This is what I do [they do not check your bag getting off] I use empty water bottles and pre-mix my drinks. Then I go to Lido deck with an empty beer-bucket and load it with ice...dump ice in a large plastic zip-lock bag holding pre-mixed drinks.....load it with ice. I place it in my little foldup cooler with extra few waters and WALLA!!!!

Never thought of that before. You could actually buy a bottle of rum or whatever as you walk through the duty free shop on Grand Turk and take it right to the beach.. I think a collapsible cooler is in my future!

oh.. I just remembered.. they probably deliver it to the ship...

I had no problem taking alcohol off the ship for HMC last year.....the only issue might be getting it back on board.....so I had my friends help me drink it ;). Its perfect if you happen to be renting a cabana since they come stocked with soft drinks.

Em

I had no problem taking alcohol off the ship for HMC last year.....the only issue might be getting it back on board.....so I had my friends help me drink it ;). Its perfect if you happen to be renting a cabana since they come stocked with soft drinks.

Em

This is an excellent plan. My cabana just got even more appealing! :)

Archived