Anyone Been on the Glory?

timetogosoon

I just got off the Glory on Oct 1. Ship is in great shape. Didn't try the mongolian wok b/c there were always too many people standing in line. Have tried it before on another ship. Food was the usual Cranival fare. Nothing to die for!

Since we took a Canada/New England cruise their were a lot but I mean a LOT of older people. Very little young crowd. People were asking us all the time why we took this particular cruise. Ship was pretty much dead around 11:30. But when sailing the Caribbean is another story.

Loved our cruise on the Glory last year. The Adults Only Serenity Area was a nice escape from the crowds. LOVED LOVED LOVED the wok, you are at sea, where else are you going to go, I did not mind the wait to get what I wanted. You get to pick out how much you want and see it cooked in front of you. We enjoyed San Juan and St Thomas so this year we are doing the Victory in 25 days. Go and enjoy yourself. We found nothing wrong with the Glory.

If the reviews you are reading are from the New England/Canada cruises, the reviews seem to be mixed no matter what ship it is. It was the same way when the Victory did that run a few years back. For some reason, people seem to be less happy (maybe the colder weather?) than they are on the Caribbean cruises. I've also heard the crew say that they don't really like the Canada cruises due to a combination of weather and clientele so that can play into it. I'm sure their attitudes trickle down some.

We sailed the Glory in 2009, and while it wasn't necessarily my favorite cruise, we still had a great time.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

We did the Canada cruise and LOVED Halifax, St. John, not much there. As to the ship, we prefer the spirit class, so this was not one of our favorites. However, all that being said, the staff were great and we had a good time.

Sailing on the Carnival Glory 11-1-11. Anyone have any tips? Did you like it. I've read a lot of reviews and of course they are very mixed.

By the way, how is the Mongolian Wok?

was on the GLory several yrs ago, loved it, had no problems, I would go back again anytime. Don't read to much into negative reviews I think some ppl need to relax a bit, some of the negative I read is such petty stuff, or they are just to picky. IT's what you make of it, just relax and enjoy

I was on the Glory in May 2010 and again May 2011....had an absolutely wonderful time! The crew was great, food plentiful, ship stayed afloat...what more could I ask for! They cooked for me, cleaned my room, let me drink as much as I wanted, and drove me to tropical islands. I couldn't care less if there were fingerprints on a door, or worn carpet. It's not the Ritz Carlton. Go with a positive attitude and you will have a great time!!!! BTW...I'm planning on going again...on the Glory in 2013! I'd go next year if I can gather up the $$$$!

We've sailed Glory three times - two Canada cruises, one Eastern Caribbean cruise. I like her - especially the spa pool and hot tub. Most of the other Conquest- and Destiny-class ships had the hot tub removed from the spa area to put in an aerobics room. (Really?:p) I have three reviews posted on the "member reviews" section and photos on Webshots at http://community.webshots.com/user/nybumpkin.

On our last Glory cruise we were able to sample the Mongolian Wok since we were among the first people aboard. After the first day the lines were too long. I like it - you select the veggies you'd like, then select the protein (beef, chicken, or shrimp) and sauce (mild, spicy, or hot), then they cook it for you in an individual wok.

Don't miss the fish and chips station on deck 10. The bouillabaisse is really good.:D

We did the Glory for the second time last March for spring break. We had a wonderful cruise. Was it 100% perfect, no, but all in all she is a great ship. I have a detailed review with lots of photos (link in signature).

My husband and I were on the Glory this past April. Loved it so much my daughter and I are going on her again in January. Cant wait! Loved everything about it and the Wok was delicious. A little spicy but nothing a few DOD's couldnt take care of! :D

Sailing on the Carnival Glory 11-1-11. Anyone have any tips? Did you like it. I've read a lot of reviews and of course they are very mixed.

By the way, how is the Mongolian Wok?

I loved the Glory and her sister ship the Freedom. The ship was clean, the service was excellent, and the food was good. Of course it was only my second Carnival cruise, 3 rd cruise overall, and loved the variety. I found the buffet to have a good variety of items, and the lines went quickly. The serenity deck was awesome, and it had a good variety of music. Look between the lines on some people's comments. Some people could win a world cruise and gripe because they had to find thier own transportation to the port. Dh loved the mongolian grill.

Will be on Glory for 3rd time. Have been on for Caribbean itinerary, and also for Canada. (will be on Caribbean again in Feb.) There is definitely a different "feel" being on the Northern from NY vs. a more southerly route leaving from Miami. The wok gets incredibly crowded - we usually do it first thing when we board, get it out of the way, and don't revisit it unless it is open during a port day when the ship is less crowded. Since everything is "hand-made" it takes a bit longer to get your food - creating lines. We have had no major issues on Glory, and look forward to cruising on her again.

we were on the glory in may and we were in room 2398 and could not sleep at all. dishwasher was above our room and basically used 24/7 and they could not move us and then on last nite met a couple in room 2399 and they told us they had the same problem. so good luck and watch out if you are either one of these rooms.enjoy your cruise

I cruised on the Glory 3 times..once out of NYC and twice out of Port Canaveral. I like this ship alot, although I favor the spirit-class ships. Until you get accustomed to the galley in the middle of the ship, thereby blocking forward-to-aft access on some decks, it can be somewhat frustrating. If you just use the 5th deck to walk the length of the ship you'll be fine.

Have a great cruise!

We did the Glory for the second time last March for spring break. We had a wonderful cruise. Was it 100% perfect, no, but all in all she is a great ship. I have a detailed review with lots of photos (link in signature).

Your detailed reviews were AWESOME! I loved reading them. I actually stayed up one night really late reading them. I now have a better idea what this trip will be like and I am so excited!

Archived