Future Cruise booking

When booking on board for a cruise with a specific date, a Future Cruise, I know that the deposit is reduced, you get OBC, and the date can be moved to another date and still hold the benefits. Does anyone that has done this recently have the paperwork with the fine print to see if there is an expiration date if you do move it to a later date? I would rather have a Future Cruise rather than Next Cruise because it is refundable. I read somewhere on this forum that it can only be moved to 18 months out or you lose the OBC. Is this correct?

I can only relate our experience. We booked a future, non-specific, cruise in Dec of 2010. Paid $200 for both of us to get a $100 cruise credit for us and a friend or family. We took advantage of it in Sept 2011 to book a cruise this coming January. We did not have to pay a deposit since our $200 covered that. We got the $100 credit and a family couple used the other one for their credit. The credit goes on your room and not towards the fare. They did however have to make a regular deposit. Great deal and will buy one again on the next cruise as they do not have an expiration date. However, I would recommend using it within a few years. Also your booking number for the next cruise is the same as the cruise in which you purchased the "next cruise". We had discussed most of it with the RCL Crown and Anchor rep before we went to our travel agent.

I am interested in hearing about bookings with a specific date, as they are refundable if we change our mind or decide to go on another line. Anyone have information on whether the OBC is only good for 18 months from booking?

No expiration.

Move it as many times as you want.

No loss of benefit.

Fully refundable. It's a booked cruise.

So if I know I usually book for November, and in this case we are talking 2013 (since my 2012 is already booked) am I better off just booking for as late into 2013 as I can and then moving it once the November dates are released? I was going to just purchase a Next Cruise certificate to get the $100 OBC but now I am thinking the whole non-refundable thing must have been why I didn't purchase a Next Cruise cert while on board last November.

Any advice/suggestions are welcome :D

So if I know I usually book for November, and in this case we are talking 2013 (since my 2012 is already booked) am I better off just booking for as late into 2013 as I can and then moving it once the November dates are released? I was going to just purchase a Next Cruise certificate to get the $100 OBC but now I am thinking the whole non-refundable thing must have been why I didn't purchase a Next Cruise cert while on board last November.

Any advice/suggestions are welcome :D

I have done a Next Cruise booking twice so far and find it to be a great option. You can put just one person's name on it so that you only have to give a $100 deposit. When you book, you just have to give another $100 for the 2nd person. The certificate is good forever, so you don't have to be planning a cruise right now. You just have to know that you will cruise RCCL again sometime in the future. Yes, they have your money, but how much are you going to earn in the bank, or even the stock market. RCCL will give you a $100 OBC, essentially doubling your $100 investment, even if you use the certificate the following week.

The only downside is if you forget about the Next Cruise booking and never use it. Even if you lose the certificate, RCCL has your info in their computers. You don't even need to know your booking number, they will find it for you.

We are aboard Enchantment on 3 Nov this year, and have already booked a 28 Jan 2012 RCI cruise through a TA. Is there anything we can do while on board in Nov 2011 to get the $100 book on-board obc for our Jan 2012 cruise??

Thanks Ken S

We are aboard Enchantment on 3 Nov this year, and have already booked a 28 Jan 2012 RCI cruise through a TA. Is there anything we can do while on board in Nov 2011 to get the $100 book on-board obc for our Jan 2012 cruise??

Thanks Ken S

You are very close to final payment I would think on the Jan. cruise..."IF" the price hasn't gone up...and "IF" you don't mind losing your cabin...you can always re-book the cruise onboard and then cancel the other cruise when you get home...how long is your Jan cruise..as I believe the OBC is based on the length of your cruise..it's 7nts for the $100 OBC...shorter cruises get less...will you be keeping the new reservation with RCL or transfering it to the TA it's currently booked with? And is your Nov. cruise booked with the same TA?? If so...Rcl will automatically assign the new cruise to them...unless you tell them NOT to...

Another question on this...does anyone know if you use your " future cruise credit" and make a reservation for a specific date and ship for a sailing in 2012, put more money towards said reservation, but change your mind. Can you change that reservation to a different date and SHIP and still keep the benefits?

Another question on this...does anyone know if you use your " future cruise credit" and make a reservation for a specific date and ship for a sailing in 2012, put more money towards said reservation, but change your mind. Can you change that reservation to a different date and SHIP and still keep the benefits?

As long as you TRANSFER the booking to a new ship & date yes you can...just don't make the mistake & let them cancel & rebook or you will lose your OBC...

I would never book a specific date on a next cruise. I always pick up one of the flyers

at the LA desk, fill it out, and then drop it off in the box. (Don't have to wait in line)

Then the next cruise certificate shows up in my stateroom later, and I have it on hand

when I decide (with no expiration date) to book the next cruise. On board booking credit

comes in very handy! :D

Right now I am fresh out of those certificates, (too many cruises booked now...drats ;) )

so need to pick up another couple of them during my next cruise to keep on hand. :D

Thank you KC320, I will give it a shot then if I decide not to sail on the Allure in 2012.

Island Lady, I agree and that's just what we did. I have been hanging on to that certificate for no joke something like 5 years. But, our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up next May, so I thought I would go ahead and use the certificate and get that cruise set up. And yes even though it I got that thing years ago it worked just like it should have and we didn't have to put another dime down when we booked this date, even though it was a 7 night cruise and we only paid like $100 for the certificate. But, something has come up and their is a slim possiblity that I may get to do the Oasis for Thanksgiving this year instead. :) The sooner for a cruise the better! LOL!

The on board credit for mine was contingent upon how many days the cruise is. The $200 deposit entitled me to waive the normal $500 that is required when booking.

The only thing I had to look at was the certificate itself was issued to my TA because I had booked through amex platinum travel service.

That $200 deposit reduced the total cost of my 9 day cruise with reward points to $378 :D and with an on board credit for booze it's like being paid to cruise.

If your certificate is indeed 5 yrs old it's like gold! The "old" rules still apply - most importantly you get price drops 'til she docks basically lol. Well I think it's 72 hrs before sailing but not 100%... Regardless it's better than the new rules of final payment date = no more price drops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never book a specific date on a next cruise. I always pick up one of the flyers

at the LA desk, fill it out, and then drop it off in the box. (Don't have to wait in line)

Then the next cruise certificate shows up in my stateroom later, and I have it on hand

when I decide (with no expiration date) to book the next cruise. On board booking credit

comes in very handy! :D

Right now I am fresh out of those certificates, (too many cruises booked now...drats ;) )

so need to pick up another couple of them during my next cruise to keep on hand. :D

Ooops..double post. :(

Island Lady, I agree and that's just what we did. I have been hanging on to that certificate for no joke something like 5 years. But, our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up next May, so I thought I would go ahead and use the certificate and get that cruise set up. And yes even though it I got that thing years ago it worked just like it should have and we didn't have to put another dime down when we booked this date, even though it was a 7 night cruise and we only paid like $100 for the certificate. But, something has come up and their is a slim possiblity that I may get to do the Oasis for Thanksgiving this year instead. :) The sooner for a cruise the better! LOL!

Yup, nice to have on hand!

Enjoy your cruise, whenever and wherever you sail! :D

Archived