Shops onboard are boring.....

wizard-of-roz

The shop could use some shopper survey and update the items they carry. However, I must admit that I still appreciate the fact that my purchases are "duty free". On our last cruise, my husband encouraged me to buy the biggest size bottle of my perfume (vs. the small ones I always buy because of the price tag! :() at the ship's duty free shop, and I realized the per oz. price was much much lower than that of our local department stores. Besides, the bottle lasted almost 1 1/2 yrs, saving me quite a bit of money. (We live in the Nor Cal bay area, and our sales tax rate is 9.2%.) :D

I must admit, I haven't shopped in the perfumary and next time I'm onboard [in March], I will make a trip into the shop and look for my special scent. You're a good salesperson.

One cruise about 5 or 6 years ago, I purchased a nice quality black hooded zip-up-the-front sweatshirt (hoodie) with a Princess "Voyage No. 1 Original Classic" logo on it. Loved it! Wore it until the zipper gave out. Now I go to the shops and look and look for one like it, but no! I wear a hoodie or sweater all the time around the ship because the air conditioning varies so much. And I loved wearing it off the ship as well because I'm proud to be a Princess cruiser. Please, please consider items like this in the shops again, Princess! Generic Princess logos instead of a particular ship logo makes it cost effective.

Also it wouldn't hurt to stock a few more size smalls in the shops. All I see are L, XL, XXL, etc.

One cruise about 5 or 6 years ago, I purchased a nice quality black hooded zip-up-the-front sweatshirt (hoodie) with a Princess "Voyage No. 1 Original Classic" logo on it. Loved it! Wore it until the zipper gave out. Now I go to the shops and look and look for one like it, but no! I wear a hoodie or sweater all the time around the ship because the air conditioning varies so much. And I loved wearing it off the ship as well because I'm proud to be a Princess cruiser. Please, please consider items like this in the shops again, Princess! Generic Princess logos instead of a particular ship logo makes it cost effective.

Also it wouldn't hurt to stock a few more size smalls in the shops. All I see are L, XL, XXL, etc.

Agree that they should have a mix of Princess 'generic' items as well as ship-specific. But they probably don't so that people might buy more items. If you already have a 'Princess' logo windbreaker, you are not likely to buy another unless its worn out. But if you have say a Caribbean Princess polo, you might want to 'collect' different ones from each ship.

Having seen the layout of the new vessel aka the “Displacement Of The Seas” with it’s Avenue des Champ de Sleezé, shoppers will have a field day with bountiful boutiques galore as they stroll down the main drag beneath the inner balconies of this floating high-rise subdivision.

We on the other hand will be found on one of the ships whose purpose is to sail to and see the world.

Funny!

Agree that they should have a mix of Princess 'generic' items as well as ship-specific. But they probably don't so that people might buy more items. If you already have a 'Princess' logo windbreaker, you are not likely to buy another unless its worn out. But if you have say a Caribbean Princess polo, you might want to 'collect' different ones from each ship.

No, I really wouldn't want a ship specific item. Just Princess for me.

Archived