WWYD - Switch cabins or not

yambo

Our TA called us yesterday and said that Oceania had contacted her to make us an offer. We'd get $250 to switch from a deck 10 OS to a deck 8 OS. This was so that the pax doing a B2B could stay in the deck 10 cabin for the second leg of their trip. It does really make a lot of sense and I understand why we've been asked.

But, we made our reservations over a year and half ago in March of 2010 for the Marina Rome to Miami TA. We want to be nice to other pax, but we're a little irritated that we're now made to feel guilty.

We don't have any good reasons for not wanting to switch and about the best we can come up with is that this is our first cruise and we rather like our cabin number. (I know...stupid reasons). We do feel that the $250 is not a sufficient incentive and it really doesn't have any bearing on our decision.

So, we want to be good boatizens and are looking for real reasons why a deck 8 OS would be better than a deck 10 one? Or why would the deck 10 fella be better?

Thanks...

Our TA called us yesterday and said that Oceania had contacted her to make us an offer. We'd get $250 to switch from a deck 10 OS to a deck 8 OS. This was so that the pax doing a B2B could stay in the deck 10 cabin for the second leg of their trip. It does really make a lot of sense and I understand why we've been asked.

Thanks...[/QUOT

Since we always do b/b and sometimes b/b/b we understand your situation.

We did once have to switch OS cabins because O could not come to terms with the people that had booked one cruise in "our" suite before us. Moving is no big deal since the butler takes care of eveything but no one wants to move.

If you love your current location say "no thank you" and stay there. If not, maybe you can get another perk out of them.....:)

we made our reservations over a year and half ago in March of 2010 for the Marina Rome to Miami TA.

Please join our HUGE roll call so we can include you in the Meet & Greet.

Go to Roll Calls, Oceania Roll Calls, Marina Roll Calls and you will see a thread for the November TA. Just post your information and you will have around 200 new cruising friends for your first cruise!

It's really not your obligation to help the other passenger, it is O's! They can move the other passenger's room at the other side of the b2b, offer the oher passenger a completely different cabin, perks, etc. That request could have you bouncing from cabin to cabin. No thank you is what I would say.

002114.jpg That $250 figure is so low as to be mildly insulting, but the fact remains that that the Owners Suites are so similar that I would call them interchangeable.

The ONLY difference is their height above the waterline.

I'm a person who makes his cabin choice VERY carefully and have even been known to refuse a free upgrade simply because I had my heart set on a particular room; but I'd have trouble turning this one down.....although I'd hold out for at least a $500 credit ($250 per person) for our trouble.

Still, if it will leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth, in any way, just say no.

If the people who want to stay on deck 10 hate moving, they should book earlier! ;)

If you booked your OS a year and a half ago, then I wouldn't switch to accommodate making someone else's trip more pleasureable. They have to pack up anyway when reaching the disembarkation port...at least we did when we did a b2b.

If you are staying in the same room, and the two cruises that you are B2B on are consecutive, then you won't need to pack your things until the disembarkation port of the second cruise.

They have to pack up anyway when reaching the disembarkation port...at least we did when we did a b2b.

We have done several B2B & never had to pack up on turnaround day

Why would you ???

Lyn

Thanks...

If you are happy with the location you picked then just say "NO"

sometimes people book 1 cruise then decide later to add the 2nd cruise so want to have the same cabin

(not your problem)

The staff will help them move on turnaround day so go enjoy the cruise

Lyn

For me, for the cost one pays for the OS, $250 is nothing more than a little pocket change in comparison...though I think EITHER cabin will feel virtually the same, I, for some odd reason, like being on a higher deck...Something about being higher off the water...sometimes a more "above it all" view when docked in port...and (a bit snooty, but) you are on a deck with more of the other suites rather than the "ordinary" cabins found on deck 8...

So, I would not have a problem saying no...

Besides, they could always get the folks in the Deck 8 OS on the OTHER cruise to switch to Deck 10--should be a bit easier...and then this back-to-back cruiser won't have to move from the Deck 8 OS between cruises!

A few years ago we did a B2B where we decided at a later date to do the 2nd leg. Never even dawned on me to aske someone else to move. Oceania graciously moved everything for us. Took the hangers, drawers etc. They offered to pack the rest, but I packed the few items that weren't in the drawers. They smoothly took everything to our new cabin and exchanged drawers and hangers and presto were were settled in in no time. Rather seemless.

Thanks everyone. It's funny how we discussed many of the same things that all of you mentioned...$250 not enough, lower is easier on the tummy, what other cabins are around you, etc.

We have decided to move mainly because we are a little concerned about motion and I've read many places that the lower the beter. I'd hate to be leaning over the rail for our first cruise. :-) And, while we still feel we would have been justified in saying no, we just sort of figured what the heck...being our first cruise, we'll never know the difference anyway.

And we'll make someone else happy...though they could treat us to dinner one night. (Yes, I know...dinner is free, but it's the thought that counts. ;-))

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks everyone. It's funny how we discussed many of the same things that all of you mentioned...$250 not enough, lower is easier on the tummy, what other cabins are around you, etc.

We have decided to move mainly because we are a little concerned about motion and I've read many places that the lower the beter. I'd hate to be leaning over the rail for our first cruise. :-) And, while we still feel we would have been justified in saying no, we just sort of figured what the heck...being our first cruise, we'll never know the difference anyway.

And we'll make someone else happy...though they could treat us to dinner one night. (Yes, I know...dinner is free, but it's the thought that counts. ;-))

Thanks again everyone.

They could treat you to dinner in La Reserve. That'll set them back a few bucks...

Enjoy your cruise your in for a treat.:)

Thanks again everyone.

This is very thoughtful of you...you'll get your just reward one day. :)

I'd say no way.. if you booked that long ago.. but then last time I got "moved" with stupid credit.. it was for some diplomat from Spain..lol.. we were told..but still can't believe, as his baggage said San pedro California.....:confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

I switched cabins as a favor to the people continuing on whom had requesting not to move.

The cabin they moved us to was unacceptable and upon requesting a change they advised us no other space available.

Make sure you are getting a similar cabin otherwise you will be unhappy for the whole trip .

• 5 months later...

Yambo: I'm booked into 10111 for the Athens to Barcelona cruise leaving May 2. I wasn't sure whether or not you eventually swapped for the OS on 8. Did you stay on 10? If so, how did you like the suite? Did there seem to be any advantage to high vs. low? Any tips about things to expect? Thanks in advance.

Archived