What's your record for lobster tails?

scgamecock

I would like 2 if as small as they were my one time and no jumbo shrimp..3 bites were wonderful but it was gone..and so superior to the shrimp in the moment..I know there are fancy lobsters in the East..but never have had and my tiny one was very tender on the Paradise...so yes 2 possibly 3 and no shrimp..sarah

Edited by sjn911

Wow! I have only ate one, I could eat two but am a little self conscious to do that. Seven or nine would be out of the question unless I had not eaten for the entire cruise.

Mine was super tiny..i am serious about it not matching the pictures seen here..and i had maybe had it once before in a mixed dish..it was so tender, sweet and new to me and i was shocked i liked it, beef , lamb, pork, halibut, tuna, salmon, lamb, trout, and poultry are my regular meats and fish... so hard to have only 3 bites when I found a seafood I liked...I promise not a glutton here,,,LOL..Sarah:)

Ditto.......could I eat more than one......probably, but I also choose not to look like a hog at a trough and find it disgusting that others do....hence.....Your Time Dining and a table for 2 for us.

We will be at the next table. Plate piling at buffets is another dislike.

On one of our group cruises my friend eat 8 lobster dinners and 4 prime rib dinners, yes with trimmings also had soup, appetizer, dessert, bread and 6 diet cokes (yes diet lol)

Just awful. And the cost of all this food is subsidised by others in their cruise costs because someone has to pay for it.

my record: none. :p

personally, i don't understand why lobster tails and the lido buffets all seem to turn into competitive eating contests? why gorge yourself? do you enjoy it more than if you slow down and actually taste what you're eating? *shakes head*

I have to agree. I know you are on vacation and you should be allowed to do what you want. But having eaten the Carnival lobster and knowing they are ok (not the greatest/ not the worst), I wonder if eating 14 lobster are becasue they are that good or just for bragging rights. No one has ever said they've eaten 14 melting cakes in one seating. Or 14 roasted chicken breasts. I think there comes a point when it is too much. When they stop serving lobster because of cost or availability, everyone will blame the Cruise line but no one will think of the guys who dream of being in Nathan's hot dog contest on the 4th of July

I usually order 2. I do enjoy the Maine lobsters but since I live in the fine state of Kentucky (where 98% of the world's bourbon is made!) and don't want to pay Kentucky prices for Maine lobster, I'll stick with the little mini lobsters on the ship. In fact I intend to do just that as we sail on the Victory on Sunday!

Haven't had any on my two cruises, and I love lobster. Being from Nova Scotia, however, we get fresh (cheap) lobster all the time and a measly tail on the ship is a tease, I want the whole lobster.

Always funny to read how much others see lobster as a jewel at sea. :)

Edited by poffles

I can not lobster because I have an iodine allergy.(IVPDye)

I think that each extra lobster you eat is taking away from the crew's mess.

If you order twin lobster tails make sure they are from the same litter

If I were a Maine lobster I would hightail it out of Maine

I think on one cruise I ordered 2 tails, usually I only order one. What I really like is the shrimp that they serve with the lobster. I wonder if they would just let me order a plate full of that yummy shrimp? Has anyone tried that?

I also like the shrimp! Almost more than the lobster. :o

When we were on the Dream in 2009 I think they were expecting that a lot of diners would request more lobster. I requested two right off the bat and they were really small and not the best I've ever had.

I noticed when we left that there were plates of lobster tails at the wait station that no one asked for so they were left over. I guess they made lobster bisque the next day.:o

I usually order 2. I do enjoy the Maine lobsters but since I live in the fine state of Kentucky (where 98% of the world's bourbon is made!) and don't want to pay Kentucky prices for Maine lobster, I'll stick with the little mini lobsters on the ship. In fact I intend to do just that as we sail on the Victory on Sunday!

Maybe you and I can work a 'burbon for lobster' barter:):)

Haven't had any on my two cruises, and I love lobster. Being from Nova Scotia, however, we get fresh (cheap) lobster all the time and a measly tail on the ship is a tease, I want the whole lobster.

Always funny to read how much others see lobster as a jewel at sea. :)

Ya, if there are no claws and no head to suck, tamale to eat, what's the point?:):rolleyes:

Ya, if there are no claws and no head to suck, tamale to eat, what's the point?:):rolleyes:

Tomalley is the liver and pancreas of the lobster. It looks like a green paste inside the abdominal cavity of a cooked lobster. It is considered a delicacy and many people consider it the best part of a lobster. It can be eaten scooped from the cooked lobster or can be used to flavor sauces.

from

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_lobster_tomalley

Tomalley is the liver and pancreas of the lobster. It looks like a green paste inside the abdominal cavity of a cooked lobster. It is considered a delicacy and many people consider it the best part of a lobster. It can be eaten scooped from the cooked lobster or can be used to flavor sauces.

from

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_lobster_tomalley

It's by far the best part of the lobster. Tastes like Foie or the sea.

Like Poffles.. my Dh is from Nova Scotia originally.. he record still stands with CCL.. 21 lobster tails on the Carnival Spirit..I don't think he will ever try that again.. I was jsut sooo releived that they were just the tails becasue in true Blue Noser fashion I have seen him eat everything, even ther green stuff in the head of a whole lobster and I see we will ahve issues if we go out to dinner when we get posted back to the Halifax Dartmouth area and get lobster..

So congratulations to all of you for the mass numbers of tails you have eaten and I can tell he is not going to take a run at beating his own record..

Last cruise on the Miracle we had an outstanding waiter, my skinny son can really pack it away. He pre-warned the waiter that he could eat his "body weight" in lobster.....so the waiter brought him 5 at a time....he ate 10 total. However, they are truly very small and only about 3-4 bites each....yum we love lobster.

Quite a while back we had late dining one week. I stopped by the buffet and couldn't pass up the chance to enjoy 2 lobster tails to satisfy my hunger pangs prior to our formal night later that evening. I told DW and she went and had 1 also. Had another in the main dining room and DW was full so, I had to eat hers too; thus, my tally for the evening was 4. Just so you know, they have all you can eat lobster buffets in Orlando. How cool is that? As to OP saying that every extra lobster tail we eat is one less for the crew, I really find it hard to believe that all crew members are fed lobster anyway. Besides, not everybody orders lobster as some have posted they prefer prime rib.