Any ideas to make the surprise even more special?

cruisin'77

Hiya

My husband, sister and I are taking my parents on theirs and ours first cruise as a surprise for their 40th wedding anniversary. In addition my uncle and aunt will be joining us.. which is a surprise too. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can celebrate this on the boat just to make it that extra bit special?

Thanks in advance

A very excited cruisin'77 x

A preordered floral arrangement or wine package that will be in their room upon arrival

A reservation at a specialty onboard restaurant.

Setting up a cake presentation at a dinner in the MDR

There is a few

...do be sure there aren't any unpleasant surprises, such as someone needing a passport or other documentation and not having it. Be sure also that you think in terms of your parents' home/business/pets being taken care of in their absence, just as you would your own.

I don't know how much advance warning you are planning to give them, but consider time to get extra medications or whatever.

What a wonderful idea!

Hello,

Just some random ideas, that hopefully may be of help to you.

Limo transportation from their home to the port or limo transportation from the airport to the hotel (if flying the day before, have the driver take the group to the hotel from the airport), Have the driver hold a sign announcing that he or she is there for a honeymoon couple named....

Cabin door announcement...something about this is a honeymoon cabin with baloons. Call the cruise line and ask if this can be done.

This next one can be a bit tricky but with some research it would be very nice. A special shore excursion paid for by you.

Sign up for dance classes prior to boarding. He will have to go just to please her.

...do be sure there aren't any unpleasant surprises, such as someone needing a passport or other documentation and not having it. Be sure also that you think in terms of your parents' home/business/pets being taken care of in their absence, just as you would your own.

I don't know how much advance warning you are planning to give them, but consider time to get extra medications or whatever.

What a wonderful idea!

GREAT advice while surprises are WONDERFUL sometimes they may not work out as well as you HOPE...PLEASE give them enough time to prepare for this!

just doing something like this is SPECIAL enough!!

Please consider it carefully before you surprise them with a Renewal of Vows. No matter how special their marriage, that is something for only them to decide. It may be something you'd like to do but it isn't for everyone. It does not reflect on the quality of their marriage.

Also, please be certain they have passports or appropriate travel documents a decent amount of time in advance so no one has to stress about it.

Maybe your Mom would like to shop for a new dress, have her hair done, get a manicure/pedicure...... please think about letting her know in advance of travel so she has the chance to prepare.

I don't want to be a 'downer' but I'm a practical person. :o

Are you sure they want to cruise?

:D (Can you tell I hate surprises?) :eek:

Its all under control! My parents know we are going on a cruise; they just think we are going to Gran Canaria and Morocco instead! (on a boat nowhere as big as LOS!) We told them about this fake cruise a few weeks ago so they are really excited! The reason we have not mentioned Miami is that we have tons of US family and after the cruise we are having a big family reunion in Miami, which they are unaware of. Visa, passport, travel insurance all done. We have organised cover for their business so all sorted!

I'll stick to the cake suggestion and restaurant booking. And I love the welcome sign idea so I will ask TA to organise it if they can.

Thanks for your suggestions and concerns.

X

Its all under control! My parents know we are going on a cruise; they just think we are going to Gran Canaria and Morocco instead! (on a boat nowhere as big as LOS!) We told them about this fake cruise a few weeks ago so they are really excited! The reason we have not mentioned Miami is that we have tons of US family and after the cruise we are having a big family reunion in Miami' date=' which they are unaware of. Visa, passport, travel insurance all done. We have organised cover for their business so all sorted!

I'll stick to the cake suggestion and restaurant booking. And I love the welcome sign idea so I will ask TA to organise it if they can.

Thanks for your suggestions and concerns.

X[/quote']

what fun! i surprised my mommy with our 1st cruise......now it's just me:(

In any event, not sure if you can do this from the UK, but on the RCI website there should be a link to 'gifts and gear' under 'deals and gifts' and if you scroll down, there are anniversary cabin decorations you can order...PLUS if you poke around there, you can order wine/champagne, snacks and other stuff.

have a great time!! cruising is addictive!!

here's a fun and special way to remember the cruise. Have some of your folks' friends/relatives (those who may not be cruising) send YOU some anniversary cards addressed for your folks. Take them with you on the ship, and each day, you could put a card on their bed, or on the dresser, or nightstand. OR

you could order "room service" and have a cabin attendant knock on the door and present them with "MAIL" from home........

here's a fun and special way to remember the cruise. Have some of your folks' friends/relatives (those who may not be cruising) send YOU some anniversary cards addressed for your folks. Take them with you on the ship, and each day, you could put a card on their bed, or on the dresser, or nightstand. OR

you could order "room service" and have a cabin attendant knock on the door and present them with "MAIL" from home........

Great idea, IMO

Hope you all have a wonderful cruise.

That is a fantastic idea!

Archived