Goffs caye

beachgal58

Does anyone still go out to this island? Of so, please advise how to get there. Looks so pretty, hurricane sent our cruise a diff direction a few yrs ago, this will be our first time to Belize.

Cindy

Wondering the same. Interested in snorkling excursion in November. Whose been lately? Should we proceed with plans through Island Marketing?

I'll have to check it out, Ecotours has some, but I dont know if they go to Goff's. Will check out and report back, maybe someone will chime in with some info. I always hate to be the only 2 from a ship, I think it is a miss the ship feeling, if there are several from the same ship I feel better. : )

Cindy

Does anyone still go out to this island? Of so, please advise how to get there. Looks so pretty, hurricane sent our cruise a diff direction a few yrs ago, this will be our first time to Belize.

Cindy

I did Goff's Cay thru CCL - it was a direct 25 minute boat ride from the ship's offshore anchor point to the Cay, skipped the port entirely.

1/2 day excursion, the Cay (pronounced "key") is tiny, maybe 120' x 50', and the snorkeling is right from its shore in shallow water. It's an excellent beginner's trip, you can see some decent coral formations and lots of small school fish. Great for picture taking. May not be suitable for more advanced snorkelers.

Thanks Evandbob, I dont see the excursion on the Carnival site. I had it booked a few yrs ago but a hurricane changed our route. I heard it was taken off the excursion list?

Double J, Coral Breeze does not offer Goffs. It has Caye Caulker. Charges $39 for rt to it. The water taxis charge 10-12 each way. I read that there are 2 companies, but one of them just took over and owns both; folks are mad b/c times are all messed up. Not good!

I checked another one, lol I cant remember if it was IM or another tour co. Good grief, I will dig around again. Dumb broad. ; )

Cindy

Double J, I just sent a note to IM concerning Goff's. Googled it and found the tours for all the ports.

They do offer Goff's Caye, think it states 4-4.5 hrs. I asked what time, the site states they meet ya right where the tenders let us off. They probably all say that!s

I really want to do this one, will let ya know when they respond. Its $40, thats high in regard that it is a ride to the island. It says the ride is less than 30 min, Cay Caulker is 45.

Sounds good to me, we shall see..

Cindy

Just a vault toilet/changing stall. One person on TripAdvisor said they have some loungers for rent, but I've never seen any in any pics of the place. I've been investigating too and I think we will go there thru EcoTours. The other place we were interested in is Rendezvous Caye, but it is even smaller than Goff's.

Here's a link to some info on Goff's Cay booked through Island Marketing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1499544

And some pics from our day there in February, 2011

DSCF0299.jpg

This is the only real structure on the island. BBQ lobster, chicken and hot dogs as well as chips, sodas and beer is sold here. There is also a small table selling crafts and hair braids.

DSCF0270.jpg

Snorkeling from the beach:

DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

There are some plastic lounge chairs available for rent ($5 per day I think)...but no one used them while we were there. The sand is soft and warm!

Here's a link to some info on Goff's Cay booked through Island Marketing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1499544

And some pics from our day there in February, 2011

DSCF0299.jpg

This is the only real structure on the island. BBQ lobster, chicken and hot dogs as well as chips, sodas and beer is sold here. There is also a small table selling crafts and hair braids.

DSCF0270.jpg

Snorkeling from the beach:

DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

There are some plastic lounge chairs available for rent ($5 per day I think)...but no one used them while we were there. The sand is soft and warm!

Mousecrazy,

I am not able to see your pictures- Do you know what the prices were for the food and beer, etc. on the island?

Double J, I just sent a note to IM concerning Goff's. Googled it and found the tours for all the ports.

They do offer Goff's Caye, think it states 4-4.5 hrs. I asked what time, the site states they meet ya right where the tenders let us off. They probably all say that!s

I really want to do this one, will let ya know when they respond. Its $40, thats high in regard that it is a ride to the island. It says the ride is less than 30 min, Cay Caulker is 45.

Sounds good to me, we shall see..

Cindy

Thanks, Cindy. I booked with them early this week and got quick response and information. We've never snorkeled, so this will be just right since we are "aged" beginners. Think we'll have a great Thanksgiving day!

Archived