How do we order at Qsine?

coffeebean

Since there is only two going my suggestion is that you each order three items each (none the same). Taste each, choose one you like and order that again with two others each. The secret is to only take a bite or two then go to next one.

Save room for dessert, order three and take home the Q-sine chocolate bar one. Have this later that night or the next afternoon (do store it in the fridge).

Enjoy. If you like the experience then book again.

One of our restaurants has something like this minus the I-pad. It only serves Chinese, American and Canadian food. You order 4 dishes at a time here. You order what they call bite size amounts.

An example they have original egg rolls, meat type and veggie ones. You choose which you would like. They have a small poutine (10 fries). Small steak about 4 oz and a fish dish as an example. I went with mine hubby. He had his steak and I had my seafood and we tried the egg rolls . We had a total of 7 dishes the first time and did not eat all of the dishes completely.

They only had three deserts. We ordered all three and took them home. The kids loved them. One was a triple chocolate thing, one made with rice from China and the other was an apple pie that came with ice cream which we told them not to put with it. They all came in their own box for taking home.

Am I the only one bothered by the advice to take just a bite or two and then move on? Wasted food just seems so unnecessary (and wrong) to me. I do love the idea of letting your server know that you only want tiny portions to share. Then if something really blows you away you can reorder more.

Am I the only one bothered by the advice to take just a bite or two and then move on? Wasted food just seems so unnecessary (and wrong) to me. I do love the idea of letting your server know that you only want tiny portions to share. Then if something really blows you away you can reorder more.

Well said. I hope nobody would order several full sized portions with the intent of just having a bite or two of most.

When I dine in Qsine, we always ask the waitstaff to make smaller portions. We also arrange so we can have our dessert on another night bc who the heck can enjoy dessert after all of that food?!

Our favorites are: M's Favorites, Lobster Escargot, Sliders, Filet Mignon

Things we did not like: Soup and souffle (soup tastes like baby food), disco shrimp, lava crab, chinese food. The last three being too saucy - glippy-gloppy.

Best dessert - the Silver Bullet and that chocolate thingy. Skip the cupcakes and choco covered strawberries imo. So played out.

In the restauraunt, to they have a regular normal printed menu or do you have to use that Ipad thing? There is something sort offensive about having computer things all over the table... to me anyway/:(

I believe just the Ipad; I think the server actually uses it to send the order to the kitchen electronically. Not sure what is offensive about it? Some high end venues on land are starting to use electronic devices to send orders to the kitchen - decreases errors and gets your order in faster. I would say it is more modern/trendy than offensive. Once your order is in, they take the Ipad away so it is not cluttering your table. The Ipad also gives you more information than a traditional menu such as more detailed information, pictures, some recipes, the ability to e-mail a cocktail recipe to yourself etc.

The last place I want tech in on my vacation and least of all during dinner.

Fine if you like it... me not so much.

I really dont care what places or who uses it, it's that I like traditional dining not looking at some screen and punching buttons.... no thanks....

I think I will skip it, but I thank you all for the details. I'd hate to have found out at the table and end up wanting to leave.....

I've looked at the Qsine menu on the Celebrity web site and there are many offerings. It will be two of us...just my husband and myself. I watched a video on YouTube about Qsine and I get the impression all the different foods are served on "small plates".

Do we order multiple options and share? For example...is the Filet Mignon portion large enough for us to share or should we each order our own filet mignon? I would like to try as many offerings as possible but I'm afraid it will be too much food.

I've read from several posters that one visit to Qsine is enough on one cruise. Does that mean these folks got to "sample" all the offerings they were interested in trying? No need to go back to try something else on the menu?

Please shed some light on this unique dining experience. Thank you.

It's all about presentation.

The funniest thing is playing with the awkward menu - an i-pad.

However there is a paper menu available that will save you some time.

The food itself is a kind of junk or bar food that I would never touch in a different situation.

The service is very slow.

As the "initial fun" evaporates it's getting less and less funny because you can miss something more interesting on the ship.

We made a big mistake trying to taste everything. It was terribly slow and we almost missed the show (that happened to be the best one on that cruise).

The real food is Filet Mignon.

Excellent.

The pieces are small. Make sure you order 2 pieces pp.

161kggx.jpg

Another good thing to try is Lamb Chops.

You see it in the bottom left hand corner.

The box is full of nothing.

vif79k.jpg

Save your appetite for Filet Mignon and Lamb Chops (tiny portions - ask for more).

Another good thing was Escargot.

214qtza.jpg

The dessert was good but so rich...

This one is enough for four:

2dt0klt.jpg

Overall - did not regret.

Little food, tons of junk.

Value for money (food quality) 2 out of 5.

But one time is OK to sample the novelty.

What is that saying, one man's trash is another man's treasure?

I love the "junk" in Qsine.......to me it is a delicious, fun way to

eat dinner. Guess real food is different to each one of us. I think the

food is real.

As for the timing? Yes, it takes the evening to eat there and that

is fine with me. I know to eat very light the day I am having dinner

there. And some of us love all the choices. Makes for a wonderful

time. I went with 3 friends last year on Eclipse and we had a great

time together.

I am sailing on Summit next month and if I can't get anyone else

to join me? I am actually going on my own. I will have 3 or 4 of

my favorite things and once again, will love them all:)

We loved Qsine- on our Silhouette trip last year we had a group dinner with our Roll Call. There were 19 of us and we had a great time. We didn't order at all. They did bring us the iPads but they just kept the courses coming until we cried uncle. I think we missed a few dishes but came close to trying them all. I think they brought four dishes of each course and that was enough for all of us to share.

We're hoping to get something like that set up for our upcoming Reflection cruise; it was definitely one of the highlights of the trip.

Archived