$17 Shuttle EWR - Cape Liberty

LakeStL

Does such a thing exist? Yes

Name/website of operator? No one seems to know with certainty...and no Web site

Round trip service available? No...it's one way from the port to EWR.

Where do I catch it at EWR? See the previous answer

Thanks.

See answers in red, above.

LakeStL - What is your plan? I see you are coming from SE Pa, so I'm guessing you're not flying. If you're taking the train, you might find it easier to arrive at Newark Station and get a cab, but perhaps it will be cheaper to return from Newark Airport Station.

There is no vehicle access to Newark Airport Station - inbound you would have to take the monorail to one of the terminals to get a cab. Outbound you could be dropped off at the P4 station to take a quick ride to the train station. All this involves more luggage handling.

LakeStL - What is your plan? I see you are coming from SE Pa, so I'm guessing you're not flying. If you're taking the train, you might find it easier to arrive at Newark Station and get a cab, but perhaps it will be cheaper to return from Newark Airport Station.

There is no vehicle access to Newark Airport Station - inbound you would have to take the monorail to one of the terminals to get a cab. Outbound you could be dropped off at the P4 station to take a quick ride to the train station. All this involves more luggage handling.

ditto

138East - Plan under investigation is to park car at Hamilton NJT train station, train + monorail to EWR then $17 shuttle to port. Reverse at end of trip. Hamilton parking saves $10/day on 12 day cruise but won't save anything unless $17 shuttle exists. Cab or car service from EWR or Newark Penn station to port eats up any savings. Solo traveler. One rolling bag. It's beginning to look like parking at Cape Liberty is the way to go.

There is really no $17 shuttle from EWR to the port. Your only other option is to get off the train at Newark, take Path to Exchange Place ($2), take the Hudson-Bergen Light rail to Bayonne ($2.10) and a cab to the port ($10).

I share your pain - I am also a solo traveler. I will be leaving my car at relatives in Larchmont and taking the train, subway, Path, light rail, and cab to Bayonne. I have a Kindle and I'm actually looking forward to this adventure.

138East - Plan under investigation is to park car at Hamilton NJT train station, train + monorail to EWR then $17 shuttle to port. Reverse at end of trip. Hamilton parking saves $10/day on 12 day cruise but won't save anything unless $17 shuttle exists. Cab or car service from EWR or Newark Penn station to port eats up any savings. Solo traveler. One rolling bag. It's beginning to look like parking at Cape Liberty is the way to go.

no shuttle TO the pier from EWR......

what 138east said about the costs will be what you face..and yes the ride from the 34th st. light rail station is about 2 miles..essentially across the street and it will cost 8-10 bucks in a cab....:eek:

Thanks all. That saves me from burning up any more time trying to solve this puzzle. I'll drive straight to the port. 138 I'm kinda with you. This was more about the adventure than the money savings. Took NJT train to Penn Station NYC for a cruise departing Manhattan. Worked like a charm. Cape Liberty connection to PATH then HBLR then taxi last two miles is too much to fool around with to save a few bucks.

Archived