Inside Cabin Storage Space - Room for a footlocker???

Deb in Markham

this isn't as good a photo of what the closet looks like (the bottom isn't showing) on the Golden, but we did stow our plastic crate (almost as big as a footlocker, but probably not as tall) on the bottom. On the Island, it did fit under our bed, but I guess hubby just stowed it on the closet this time. We used it for our beverages, etc. My hubby did bring a guitar (we were driving to the port) as he likes to keep up his playing as much as possible and it does relax him.

I really don't think there's a problem with keeping things safe. maybe your mother will consider getting a little netbook to use instead. She can stash that in a drawer.

2727865950103777938S425x425Q85.jpg

We're cruising on the Golden to Hawaii on the 26th (can't wait!!!) to celebrate my mom's 75th birthday. My sister and I are sharing an inside cabin on the Dolphin deck across from my mom's mini suite. She wants to bring a footlocker onboard. Is there room to have something that large at the end of her bed? :confused:

How much space is available under the beds for storage? On the Disney Magic there was only about three inches clearance under the bed-not enough room to slide our suitcases underneath.

Will the room stewards store your suitcases for you once you unpack? That wasn't the case on Disney, but I have a vague recollection of someone posting that they do on Princess.

Thanks for your help--really appreciate it.:)

Getting back to OP's original question about the amount of space available at the foot of his mother's bed to store a foot locker --

My thinking is no, but then I've never been in a mini suite on Princess.

OP is not talking about storing a foot locker in his own cabin but in his mother's cabin.:D

He's not talking about storing the foot locker in a closet in an inside cabin or even in a mini suite --- just at the foot of the bed in a mini suite.

Dianne

Getting back to OP's original question about the amount of space available at the foot of his mother's bed to store a foot locker --

OP is not talking about storing a foot locker in his own cabin but in his mother's cabin.:D

He's not talking about storing the foot locker in a closet in an inside cabin or even in a mini suite --- just at the foot of the bed in a mini suite.

Dianne

Hmmm . . . OP's first post says that SHE (Deb) and her sister are sharing an inside cabin and Mom has a mini-suite across the hall. The foot locker would be at the foot of her sister's bed in the inside cabin. (Is that not correct??)

I also agree with those who are saying NO to bringing the footlocker in the first place!

Dianne

Now I find it hilarious that two people can read the same post and interpret it completely different. I read it as two sisters sharing an inside, and one sister wanting to store the footlocker at the foot of the bed in the inside cabin:confused:!!!???

Hopefully the OP will return to clarify!! Inquiring minds want to know ... or not!:rolleyes:

So much editorializing about whether the sister should bring a foot locker when the question asked was would a foot locker fit in an inside cabin (that's the way I read the OP).

Assuming you have the beds configured as twins, and assuming the foot locker is not wider than the bed (about 32" wide), the foot locker would fit at the end of the bed closest to the TV. It will make it almost impossible to use the small refrigerator, so you might forgive your cabin steward not placing your ice bucket in there after he fills it, but if you don't mind having to slide the foot locker aside to access the refrigerator, it will fit.

You might want to place the small, relatively useless round table in the back corner of the closet. That's what we do and it frees up that floor space.

Now I find it hilarious that two people can read the same post and interpret it completely different. I read it as two sisters sharing an inside, and one sister wanting to store the footlocker at the foot of the bed in the inside cabin:confused:!!!???

Hopefully the OP will return to clarify!! Inquiring minds want to know ... or not!:rolleyes:

Yes, it is two sisters sharing an inside and one sister wanting to bring a footlocker. Mom is across the hall in a mini-suite!

With your responses as added ammunition, I've pretty much talked her into bringing two locking suitcases!

Thanks for all your input. It's always very interesting to see where these threads go and where they get sidetracked!:D

You might want to place the small, relatively useless round table in the back corner of the closet. That's what we do and it frees up that floor space.

The round table is not useless.

You can store the footlocker (vertically) on top of it.

I read that it was Mom, who lives in LA, who wanted to bring the footlocker. We too travel with lots of electronics and have never had a theft problem.

Bring a locking suit case and put the stuff in the suitcase under the bed when away from the cabin.

I read that it was Mom, who lives in LA, who wanted to bring the footlocker. We too travel with lots of electronics and have never had a theft problem.

Bring a locking suit case and put the stuff in the suitcase under the bed when away from the cabin.

See the OP's post #33 which cleared up which person wanted to bring the footlocker--the sister.

Archived