Weight Watchers in the Lido

ASIWISH

Interesting thread... I have recenty (finally ) reached my pre pregnacy weight (he's twenty five :D)..

My diet plan ? The one that I have come to realize will work for a life time "Close your mouth,..move your butt " :)

Most of us know what foods are the better choice... a successful diet truly begins between the ears...lots of wonderful choices on a cruise ship and.lots and lots of maybe not the best choice. In the end ,the choice is always ours.:)

Weight loss is easy, less in and more energy spent. Cut the simple carbs, get rid of white flour based baked goods, eat quality protein and don't sweat fat calories as much as the simple carb calories.

My prep diets are 50/30/20 - percentage protein/fat/carbs. In like 16 weeks I can get own to approx 5% composition from 18-20%, going from 230lbs to 205 lbs, I actually drop 36 lbs of fat and put on muscle weight.

Derek

I have NEVER worried about diet on a cruise. One week a year is not going to kill me. If I couldn't eat what I wanted on the cruise, I'd probably not even go. There are a few things that I'm allergic to, and avoid like the plague but not because of the calories.

As a WW member, I would love it if they posted the Points Plus for items. Just to make it easier to stay on point while on vacation. Especially since I won't be able to have my WW mobile on my blackberry while we are at sea. Just putting the nutritional info would be helpful for making better decisions. Not to say I would be counting points the whole time- it is vacation after all- but it would be nice to have the information available.

I have NEVER worried about diet on a cruise. One week a year is not going to kill me. If I couldn't eat what I wanted on the cruise, I'd probably not even go. There are a few things that I'm allergic to, and avoid like the plague but not because of the calories.

I agree....... one week a year some cheating with diet is fine.

It gets to be more of a problem as one ages, the metabolism slows and we sail something in the range of 8 or so weeks a year (give or take one year to the next).

As we get older, we have to be more careful of diet.

But yes,,,,,,,,, it's a simple formula for weight maintenance/loss. Calories in vs calories out. It's simple arithmetic.

(Quality and compostion of the calories is also important, of course.)

I have an idea! Why doesn't HAL get WW to "sponsor" trays in the Lido Restaurant. That would make EVERYONE happy! Whadayathink?:D

Since one of the issues with trays are that people take more food, I think WW may want to stay clear of that one. ;)

Well, my friend is on a very serious diet (not weight watchers), very healthy. she knows exactly what she can eat/drink and what she cannot.

If one is at the Lido and on a diet - there are some pretty simple solutions there.

I personally don't see the need and I don't want added confusion in the Lido.

Exercise is the best solution. Dh and I take the stairs all the time and go walking wherever we can. We haven't put weight on a cruise in years (and yes, i am no spring chicken, my metabolism has slowed down). And yes, we enjoy food, but we also use some moderation. It's not what you eat - it's how much (well, except for desert of course)

That to me is the best strategy. All hal ships have a gym, a great promenade deck and stairs. Put them to use and one will be fine.

I wouldn't like it - just because there are tons of diet plans. I thought HAL was posting the calorie/sodium and all that stuff by the healthy choices, but maybe I'm dreaming. That would be a plus, but the only change I want to see. JMO:D

I thought HAL was posting the calorie/sodium and all that stuff by the healthy choices, but maybe I'm dreaming. That would be a plus, but the only change I want to see. JMO:D

I think they used to do that but I don't think they do it anymore. I just don't want to know when it comes to the regular food:D.

I've taken my WW food journal and even a points guide on cruises. Did I ever use them? Of course not. DH and I avoid that "corn-fed" look by taking the stairs all the time and walking that glorious Promenade deck every day. I was up to about 20 circuits on our last cruise when a sore throat sidelined me. Sometimes I walk around our block here in Seattle and pretend Union Station and the adjacent buildings are my next HAL ship. The busy plaza at the station entrance is the bow, and the stern is the windy southern end of the block. Starboard up/port down!

While I am a Weight Watcher and might find this helpful, I think it misrepresents the program to speak of dietary rigor. With the Points Plus plan, one can eat anything, just not everything.

However, I still find it challenging to figure the preparation method and know how much butter or oil was used in preparation. Perhaps posting nutritional info for one healthy eating option, including a vegetable not swimming in oil or butter, would help.

AMEN from a fellow WW'er! :D

Archived