Please Help! Hotels & Restaurants NYC port

caprismom

define "inexpensive.."

generally that word isn't used with NYC in the same sentence...

how many rooms?? how many nights??? just the night before???

and what is the restaurant budget??

the more info, the better....and are you willing to try Priceline, Hotwire and/or Last minute travel??

the more info we have the better we can help!!:p

since you are coming from philly, i recommend staying in new jersey. hotels are much cheaper. i'd go with embassy suites in secaucus nj. I just checked on line and for 12/10 the rooms are $161 per night. here is the website http://www.embassysuites.com. as for the rehearsal dinner, you could come into manhattan and go to tony's di napoli. check them out at www.tonysnyc.com. the only location open is the 43 st location. the upper east side location is closed.

Thanks so much for your ideas. 2 brother in laws" too be" flying in from California. Brother and sister in laws" to be" flying in from Minnesota. What airport is best for them?

I think I need at least 5 roooms under $350.

Embassy suites secacous sounds great! I also will check trulimo.com thanks!

How far is the restaurant?

Thanks again:)

You have an ample hotel budget. Embassy Suites is definitely a good price, but for something more spectacular you should look at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor at $219 or the Westin in Jersey City for $239. Both are on the Hudson across from Manhattan with spectacular views of NYC from the property. If you call the hotels directly, perhaps you can get some sort of deal on 5 rooms that would include the wonderful views of NYC. If you look at Hotwire for 5 rooms and 10 people for 12/10, there is a 4* Hoboken/Jersey City hotel for $209 which is super highly likely to be the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor.

If you book rooms in NJ, then folks should fly into Newark Airport unless the flights to LaGuardia are substantially cheaper.

For something really special for the rehearsal dinner, try the River Cafe. Not cheap but oh so good and the views are to die for. http://www.rivercafe.com/

For something a little less pricey but very nice ambiance and good food, try the Ravel Hotel. Their Prix Fixe menu is reasonably priced for what you get and for NYC prices. Might even want to stay in that hotel. The views are absolutely special and the hotel is the only luxury boutique hotel in Long Island City, DIRECTLY across the river from Manhattan. http://www.penthouse808rooftop.com/default.aspx?pg=dining

Enjoy and Congratulations!!!

thanks 138 east, would love the sheraton or westin but can we leave our car there? love the prices glad i did not book before checking in with you guys:)

You didn't mention a car - is it just one car? Embassy Suites has a park/cruise package, but the Sheraton Lincoln Towers and the Westin don't. One time somebody posted that they made a parking deal with the Sheraton to leave their car. Don't know about the Westin. I'd call the hotels and try to talk to someone who handles group reservations. We're only looking at published rates - you never know what kind of deal you can make if you don't ask.

The Ravel looks nice, but it is showing as sold out for your date.

You might also look at Homewood Suites in Edgewater NJ. They are running $199-209 and are also on the Hudson with views of NY. They used to allow free cruise parking, so you might be able to make a deal with them if you are a larger group with one car. A lot of the NJ hotels have ample parking, but they don't want to officially be in the park/cruise business.

The Ravel looks nice, but it is showing as sold out for your date.

That's a real shame that they are sold out. The hotel is VERY nice, the views are incredible, the dining room is real close to as good as the River Cafe at 1/2 the price and there is FREE parking (which is really unusual for a NY boutique hotel). A phone call may be in order just to check availability.

Thanks so much for your ideas. 2 brother in laws" too be" flying in from California. Brother and sister in laws" to be" flying in from Minnesota. What airport is best for them?

I think I need at least 5 roooms under $350.

Embassy suites secacous sounds great! I also will check trulimo.com thanks!

How far is the restaurant?

Thanks again:)

the restaurant is in manhattan, about a 20 min drive from the embassy suites secaucus

Thanks for all the great info.!

Sorry I did not mention cars, about 4 have to drive from Philly.

The rest will be flying in.

It seems like the Embassy suites-secaucus may be the best bet. They quoted me $169.00 and offer a free cocktail hour and free cooked to order breakfast. Plus we can park for the lenght of the cruise.

Thanks again!:)

Thanks for all the great info.!

Sorry I did not mention cars, about 4 have to drive from Philly.

The rest will be flying in.

It seems like the Embassy suites-secaucus may be the best bet. They quoted me $169.00 and offer a free cocktail hour and free cooked to order breakfast. Plus we can park for the lenght of the cruise.

Thanks again!:)

take it.

Archived