Mastercard OBC

Kokopelli2

I went to print out my NYE cruise docs today. To my amazement, the $50 OBC showed up! I signed up late and never received any confirmation so I really didn't expect to actually get anything but I was wrong.

My gratitude and a DOD toast to the OP! :)

Salud!

IMG_0221.jpg

So my $50 credit wasn't showing up and I sent an email to carnival on Dec 16th just to make sure I will get the $50 OBC for my feb cruise.

Did not get a response until Dec 26 (seriously when is 10 days ever acceptable to answer a customer service question?) AND they were not even correct in their response !

The response was, "you paid for your cruise on an amex so you are not eligible"

What the?? :confused: The promotion was to register your MC on the promo page and then set up your MC as the card for your Sign and Sail card. That's what I did....

So I replied back with promotion details (I had sent them the first time as well but they did not get read). I guess we'll see in about 10 days.

First time dealing with Carnival CS, so far, not very impressed with their CS

So my $50 credit wasn't showing up and I sent an email to carnival on Dec 16th just to make sure I will get the $50 OBC for my feb cruise.

Someone posted a couple days ago that their $50 had shown up for their New Year's cruise...plus the previous poster says his for the 1/1 cruise is on their account. It looks like the people who have noticed it were within a few days of their cruise. No email confirmation or update.

I cruise on the 8th and am checking daily for my $50. I will report back when they post it and how many days prior to my cruise is shows up. IF what I've read here is correct; then I'd say your Feb OBC won't show up til closer to time.

Can't answer for the slow CS response unless it has something to do with the holidays?

Neither I nor my GF have received any emails from Carnival about this, but I have an extra $50 in my OBC now

you and me both. I called carnival yesterday freeaking out about it a little, since i didn't see it.

sure enough, it's there today.

see you on board :cool:

Seems like there is no rhyme or reason behind this - we put in the MC OBC for both our trips, we received an email which I have printed out however, nothing on our account yet :(

Could it be that it was put in your friends account instead?:D

I believe it won't show up until the day before we leave, that is what most people are saying. We did get an email from Carnival other than the first one that was sent right after we signed up for it so I'm sure it's gonna be there the day before the sail date.

Could it be that it was put in your friends account instead?:D

I believe it won't show up until the day before we leave, that is what most people are saying. We did get an email from Carnival other than the first one that was sent right after we signed up for it so I'm sure it's gonna be there the day before the sail date.

I hope you are correct; about it showing on our account the day before :D

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my $50 credit. I kept looking at my account until the day I left but it never showed on there. When I looked at my on board account on the first day of the cruise it was there. Spent way over that but every little bit helps.

Has anyone seen the OBC yet for cruises 1/7 or later? Leaving Saturday and no OBC credit for me. I do have the confirmation printed from when I submitted it.

We have not seen anything on our account yet

I cruise on the 8th and am checking daily for my $50. I will report back when they post it and how many days prior to my cruise is shows up.

My Carnival.com says "You cruise in 0 Days"...and my $50 MC OBC just now showed up! (I have literally been checking a couple times a day)

As other's have posted, it shows up on "0" day.

Hope this brings some peace to those like me who thought it was too good to be true!!

THANK YOU MASTERCARD AND CARNIVAL! :p

My Carnival.com says "You cruise in 0 Days"...and my $50 MC OBC just now showed up! (I have literally been checking a couple times a day)

As other's have posted, it shows up on "0" day.

Hope this brings some peace to those like me who thought it was too good to be true!!

THANK YOU MASTERCARD AND CARNIVAL! :p

we never saw the credit on our account until we got on the ship and there it was.........

cheryl

I sailed on the Magic on Jan 1 and I had no prior notice about my $50 M/C credit, but it was on my sail and sign when I checked the second day of my cruise. Thanks Carnival and M/C!

Thats great! I'v got my fingers crossed for Feb.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

So if I book a cruise tomorrow for sailing before 3/30 is it still effective or did you have to book before a certain time? Thanks

Unfortunately the promotion ran out quickly. After it was posted on cruise critic I believe it was only 3 or 4 days till it was gone.

We sailed on 1/7 and I had signed up for the promotion during the few days it was up. I had printed out the page when I submitted that just said "Thanks. Your information has been submitted." I went to Guest Services when we boarded and no OBC. I gave them the page I had printed and they said it was just for the Carnival Mastercard. I said it was for any Mastercard and they had to email a note to Corporate but it was the weekend so the response would not be immediate. So on Tuesday, they called and said we were granted the OBC.

I'm not sure why ours slipped through the cracks, but it did.

Archived