Mastercard OBC

Kokopelli2

I'm thinking pvp didn't know also. If it's for sailings so close in the future, most people have already booked their cruises. Would be odd if it were only for new bookings which would pretty much be pack n go and really late bookings since you have til 11/30 to submit. Just my take on it.

I'm thinking my PVP didn't know... or maybe I asked her wrong in the email... because everything I've read says it doesn't matter "how" the cruise was booked! I am going to try it!! I'm not out anything by using my mastercard instead of my visa debit (which is what I planned).

Thank you OP! an extra $50 is always good. and the promotion says up to $50 because if you only put $20 on your sail and sign then you will only get a $20 credit. However if you spend more then you will get the full $50 as an OBC.

Thank you OP! an extra $50 is always good. and the promotion says up to $50 because if you only put $20 on your sail and sign then you will only get a $20 credit. However if you spend more then you will get the full $50 as an OBC.

Ill be spending more than that! :D

I bet not many people put less than $50 on their S&S! :D I think I buy more than that in drinks before sailaway!

I bet not many people put less than $50 on their S&S! :D I think I buy more than that in drinks before sailaway!

ME TOO :D

You are charmed- wonder why you got a response about having sent in the application? And happy for you that John will get this arranged but it would also be nice if they could get it set up so we all could. Let us know if you actually start getting emails- curious minds want to know.

I agree. Their system is broken and I hope they get it fixed. He knows that I had all my boxes checked and that the emails weren't showing up in spam blocker so I hope they get this fixed.

I emailed my PVP lastnight about this... and here is what she told me:

The $50 OBC is on new reservations that you book with the MasterCard. You wouldn’t be able to apply it to this current cruise. Double check with MasterCard because you may be able to redeem points that you have racked up and apply them as onboard credit.

But, who knows... I am going to go ahead and try it anyways... we have 5 cabins for our January cruise... so that could be $250 OBC... so it doesn't hurt to try!!

I agree Angie. Your PVP surely is mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time a PVP doesn't know the rules. Nothing says anything about new bookings only and I received a confirmation so if that OBC doesn't show up on my S&S, I will be down at pursers desk to show them my confirmation.;)

I agree Angie. Your PVP surely is mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time a PVP doesn't know the rules. Nothing says anything about new bookings only and I received a confirmation so if that OBC doesn't show up on my S&S, I will be down at pursers desk to show them my confirmation.;)

I filled out the form this morning, right after I went and changed my documents to my mastercard... but I haven't gotten an email confirmation??? How quickly did you get a confirmation???

I filled out the form this morning, right after I went and changed my documents to my mastercard... but I haven't gotten an email confirmation??? How quickly did you get a confirmation???

I didn't get the confirmation in an email. I just printed the online screen confirmation after I submitted the online form. The printout says:

"Get an extra $50 of fun. Thanks! Your information has been received. If you haven't registered your mastercard card on your sail & sign account yet, you can find all the details when you fill out your FunPass online at My Cruise Manager. Once you have registered your mastercard card, your onboard credit will be processed. You wil get more information regarding your sail & sign account when you check in the day of your cruise. Then get ready to have some fun - on us! "

I emailed my PVP lastnight about this... and here is what she told me:

The $50 OBC is on new reservations that you book with the MasterCard. You wouldn’t be able to apply it to this current cruise. Double check with MasterCard because you may be able to redeem points that you have racked up and apply them as onboard credit.

But, who knows... I am going to go ahead and try it anyways... we have 5 cabins for our January cruise... so that could be $250 OBC... so it doesn't hurt to try!!

I think by new means you cant get the refund of $50 if youve already sailed. Better wording would be future cruise within the dates listed. I qualified and Ive been booked and paid for 6 months for a January cruise. So worth signing up for any way. Also here is a new link if the other isnt working...

http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/r/regf2?aid=982238741&a=0&n=801

I agree...based on the wording I am expecting to see a $50 obc for my two cruises. I printed out the auto response that I got from CCL that they received the information and will bring that along with all of my other documentation for obc. According to their site, as long as submitted by 11/30/2011 and the cruises are between 12/15/2011 and 3/31/2012 there should be $50 on the account when we step on the ship! There is nothing I saw about a new booking. I changed from Amex to MC for our 12/28/11 cruise. I submitted the form for the 3/9/12 cruise even though I haven't made the final payment yet and haven't done the funpass yet. We will see...we can cross our fingers!

Thanks OP for the heads up on this!

Well- now having sorted this one out- does anyone know about the pay your cruise with your master card promotion? It is out there- several of the PVPs apparently know about it, as well as TAs. And I think I bumped into at one point. Anyone know anything more?

I got a $50 statement credit for signing up for the Carnival Mastercard and using it for the first time. I got this offer when I was booking, but I think anyone applying for the card for the first time can get it. Is this what you are referring too?

I was a little disappointed that they gave me the statement credit instead of the 5000 fun points. I wanted to use the 5000 points as a head start toward the 12,500 points for $100 OBC. I doubt if I will reach the 12.5K in time for spring break without it.

But I'm still happy about the statement credit.

Is there anywhere online where you can see your OBC?

thx

It should be under the billing either on your bill in Manage Your Cruise or towards the bottom of the page in your cruise documents. They sorta forgot to put a place in for OVC so they just seem to type it in. but the MC OBC that we have been discussing here probably won't appear til you are onboard, at least as most of us understand it.

My first post here!!! I have been on and off of this site many, many times (lurking). I happened accross this thread and I'm so very glad I did. I too used my MasterCard debit card when booking. I booked through carnival over the phone and had not heard anything about this. I called just a few minutes ago and asked if using a debit card toward my s & s would count and the woman I spoke to said that she was pretty sure it would. I asked if she could confirm that with anyone. She put me on hold and came back still saying that a debit car would work. They are just looking for the MasterCard logo according to the person I spoke to. I just submitted my form. I sail 1/15/12 so we will see. :)

I filled out the forms this morning for my two cruises in March. I filled out my Fun Pass this afternoon. I went to the link again to re-read it and now it says "This promotion has ended. Thank you for visiting!" and no form comes up. Does anyone else get that message?

I filled out the forms this morning for my two cruises in March. I filled out my Fun Pass this afternoon. I went to the link again to re-read it and now it says "This promotion has ended. Thank you for visiting!" and no form comes up. Does anyone else get that message?

Wow- they must have gotten a greater response than anticipated- it was supposed to be open until the end of November!

me to, I didn't get time to do it the other day and thought no big deal as it said it was good until the END of november, I finally had time to go do it and it' say's it's ended, that is pure BS.

Archived