Good Jewelry deals-Not DI!

TravelRocker

Hi, I read quite a lengthly link that "The Lido Deck" posted a few days ago regarding how not to get ripped off in Ports by Cruise Line "recommended" jewelry stores. (Diamonds International is one hard sell). Or stores that pay the cruise lines to advertise and be promoted by them. Though some peple were very happy with their purchases a good percentage more felt ripped off after coming home and having their pieces appraised or the items lost stones or were of poor quality away from the brightly lit stores and hard push sales people.

People chimed in from Alaska to the Carribean to Mexico and beyond. Can those of you who have been to Key West before and felt that you found a good reputable place to buy your jewelry let us know who and where they are? A lot of you will return time and time again because you are really satisfied with the price but also with the service and the backing up of their guarantee if something does go wrong. I would really be interested. Will be visiting Key West for the 1st time next year and like to "shop local" whenever possible. Thanks, :)

Thanks those of you who replied, Peter, the jewelery at those stores is very interesting and the kind of items I like. Stainless steel is hugely popular right now and I can pick up some new and different pieces there. To bad my initials aren't KW, wouldn't that be priceless? As for everything else, I like Paua (sp) and abalone jewelry so maybe I can find something special as well. thanks.

Local Color is a nice store right at the Key West Bight and there is 7 Artists on Duval which is kind of a co-op started by 7 local artists.

I gave the KW bracelet as a gift to a friend of mine. They usuall come in three types, silver, silver with gold, and gold. Half the fun was spending part of an afternoon shopping for the best deal on one.

Pjk

Archived