Category differences

jbkb1997

Hi, I'm going on my first ever cruise 2/5/06 on AOS. I'm extremely excited. I can hardly contain myself!! :D :D

I have a question, just curious. We are staying in a cabin, category E1. I don't think it really matters, but does anyone know what the categories mean? :)

I'm really enjoying reading this board. I'm so glad I found it. Tons and Tons of great information and cool people!!!!!

Karen

A cat. E1 on the AOS means you'll have a balcony. Supposedly, the E1 cabins will be in better locations than the E2 cabins. Otherwise, they're substantially the same. The D1 and D2 balcony cabins are a little bit larger.

I have to agree with nitemare on this one. Never purchase a cabin without knowing exactly what you're getting. In this case, you're lucky because the E1 cabins are nice, but if you don't know anything about cabin categories, you could have gotten a really bad cabin and would not have been happy for an entire week.

An E1 is your basic balcony cabin--- 173 sqft, two twin beds convertible to a queen, a 47ft balcony with probably two chairs, small bathroom and closet, TV and VCR. A lot depends on what deck you're on. Some like decks higher up and some prefer the lower decks. The price you paid is dependent on where your E1 is located. You can pay a higher price for the exact same cabin depending on location.

Archived