Vegetarians hung out to dry by 2.0 changes.

Nemspy

The veggie burgers will still be available (according to John Heald)..probably moving them to the deli with the hotdogs. So, if it really breaks your heart to not have a veggie burger available at Guy's...go to the deli, get the fake burger, walk around the corner to Guy's, get a real burger, throw away the real burger (or just get a bun w/ toppings) and put the fake burger on the bun...voila!

Good one, Bama!

Your Crimson Tide is such a bunch of teases. They played around the first half and led my Vols to think we actually had a chance and then they destroyed us the second half. We've played both LSU and Alabama now and I would give the edge to Alabama, particularly if they play a whole game like they played the second half last Saturday.

The Bear would be proud!

Good one' date=' Bama!

Your Crimson Tide is such a bunch of teases. They played around the first half and led my Vols to think we actually had a chance and then they destroyed us the second half. We've played both LSU and Alabama now and I would give the edge to Alabama, particularly if they play a whole game like they played the second half last Saturday.

The Bear would be proud![/quote']

Now your Vols knew we were just playing around! :) I hope Saban has the halftime talk BEFORE the game against LSU. We need to win a 14th National Championship to get that 13 off the side of our helmets!

ROLL TIDE!!

Why The Face ???

Can you provide us with any research to back this up ?

You conveniently misquoted me. I clearly stated _IF_. I was trying to push back on the automatic 3% / 90 person number. PS have you pushed back on anyone just throwing out the 3% number and where the research (if any) for that came from?

I wish we all could be a little bit more tolerant. To become a vegetarian is a personal choice. No one has a right to berate another for this choice. I became a vegetarian about 3 years ago for ethical reasons. My boyfriend is a meat eater and that is his choice. We actually just cruised about 3 weeks ago. I never went hungry and , in fact, gained 3 lbs. :-/

Vegetarians will not go hungry on Carnival cruise ships but the original post was about the new burger joint and it's lack of vegetarian options. It would be nice to have a good vegetarian " burger " offered.

So if they moved the veggie burger over to guys it would be ok:confused: How many different type of veggie burgers are there?

Finally a post that 100% gets it.

This isn't a post saying there's nothing to eat for vegetarians.

This isn't a post about people going in with false expectations (as all the "no one's forcing you to book" posts).

We generally love Carnival food. Both my vegetarian wife and my carnivorous self.

My post was simply an "Oh, I thought maybe there might be something exciting and new calling us back to Carnival - despite our liking for their food it's getting a bit "old" - these changes look pretty good to me, but as there's nothing new for my wife I doubt it's going to call us back anytime soon - what a shame".

The post is about the 2.0 additions being disappointing for vegetarians and their families - not about Carnival in general.

Unless your wife is a vegan it has been said a million times over that there are vegetarian offerings at the Iguana cantina......

Everyone gets tired of the samo samo food on cruiselines.....that is one of the reasons we chose Princess this time around.....and we are meat eaters....

You conveniently misquoted me. I clearly stated _IF_. I was trying to push back on the automatic 3% / 90 person number. PS have you pushed back on anyone just throwing out the 3% number and where the research (if any) for that came from?

Oh my, back to that again ? Can't we all just get along ? I thought we had it all resolved ! I tried to show my spirit of compromise and even posted an article & I even prefaced it with " I know this is just one side of the story..." which actually proved the vegans are smarter.. basically, proving yur point ! So whats the problem ? At least I can have a dialogue instead of having to keep fighting about something or following people all over CC just to argue with them (you know who you are) I hope vegans vegitarians and everyone else, is happy with the food on their cruise, even all the liberal communist handicapped atheist gay vegitarians :D

I grew up "meat and potatoes" and it resulted in cleaning my plate and obesity. You can eat what you want, some just ask for healthier food since they pay the same amount as the Walmart eating fast food junkies. If Carnival wants to cater to the chunky and ignore those who recognize that fat laden foods and lacking nutrition iceberg lettuce models are of the past, then it is a poor business model. In case you haven't noticed, Carnival is about making money. Hopefully, there will be more who recognize gluttony on cruise ships is not to be celebrated.

I grew up "meat and potatoes" and it resulted in cleaning my plate and obesity. You can eat what you want, some just ask for healthier food since they pay the same amount as the Walmart eating fast food junkies. If Carnival wants to cater to the chunky and ignore those who recognize that fat laden foods and lacking nutrition iceberg lettuce models are of the past, then it is a poor business model. In case you haven't noticed, Carnival is about making money. Hopefully, there will be more who recognize gluttony on cruise ships is not to be celebrated.
But if you don't eat junk, how are you going to fill up those coconut cups?

I wish we all could be a little bit more tolerant. To become a vegetarian is a personal choice. No one has a right to berate another for this choice. I became a vegetarian about 3 years ago for ethical reasons. My boyfriend is a meat eater and that is his choice. We actually just cruised about 3 weeks ago. I never went hungry and , in fact, gained 3 lbs. :-/

Vegetarians will not go hungry on Carnival cruise ships but the original post was about the new burger joint and it's lack of vegetarian options. It would be nice to have a good vegetarian " burger " offered.

Im not ripping you in any way im just wondering what your ethical reasons for becoming a vegetarian are? Do you consider yourself a vegan?

Forgive my ignorance here but it has been a while since I cruised. If I remember correctly, meat wasn't the only offering for any/every meal. Seems like there were plenty of veggie/fruit choices, pasta/rice, soups/salads, etc. I have no expectation of being in a small city and getting each & every meal to my specifications. There are many choices, adapt or starve. It's not the end of the world, just go home and grill up that burger you so crave. I personally am looking for some down home food as soon as I return home. Too much of a good thing perhaps?

I could also make a list here of foods I really, really like, a lot. Does CCL make them or anything close to them? No. Perhaps they are slighting me? The food is OK, nothing to write home about but edible and decent, and fills the hole it is meant to fill. If I want really good food, I venture off the ship or stay at home.

My dh calls himself a vegetarian.

I call him a starchatarian. He loves potatoes, peas, corn, beans.

His favorite Mexican meal is a bean burrito with a side of beans.

He likes pasta, no meat.

I was wondering if there is a kid's menu on Carnival?

He would rather eat fries, mac & cheese or spagetti (its late and my spelling is suffering)

By the way he is the healthiest person in our family. Don't know how, but there it is.

He loves cruising and wcmc. Its just the food in the mdr. He has been known to order 2 baked potatoes.

Any good suggestions?

My dh calls himself a vegetarian.

I call him a starchatarian. He loves potatoes, peas, corn, beans.

His favorite Mexican meal is a bean burrito with a side of beans.

He likes pasta, no meat.

I was wondering if there is a kid's menu on Carnival?

He would rather eat fries, mac & cheese or spagetti (its late and my spelling is suffering)

By the way he is the healthiest person in our family. Don't know how, but there it is.

He loves cruising and wcmc. Its just the food in the mdr. He has been known to order 2 baked potatoes.

Any good suggestions?

There is a kids menu (I've never seen it, but it does exist :)). I've heard the mac & cheese is really good, but have no first hand experience here. Spaghetti, not sure, think so? But they do offer pasta at every dinner seating (can be ordered as an appy or entree), along with meat & fish. Not sure about the availability of baked potatoes.

He could also meet with the dining room staff (or whoever) at the beginnig and see what kind of solutions they may be able to provide. I wouldn't use 'special services' for this, but an inquiry from the get go might go a long way.

So if they moved the veggie burger over to guys it would be ok How many different type of veggie burgers are there?

----

How many types of veggie burgers are there? As many as your creativity and culinary skill can make. They may be made, for example, from vegetables, textured vegetable protein (soy meat), legumes, nuts, dairy products, mushrooms, wheat and sometimes eggs. You do the math.

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that a person who decides to eschew meat products (for whatever misguided reason) wants to eat a "burger".

What is ironic about it exactly? I am not a vegetarian but eat lots of veggie burgers and black bean burgers because I like the taste and it is a healthier option. You seem to have a problem with vegetarians, that is your issue not those who do not eat meat. You are the one who is misguided by the way.

Not at all. Unless they're some kind of veggie burger protesters, blocking the hamburger grill with their wheelchairs. Then we'd have a problem...

And no, for the simpletons among us, I'm not being serious. :)

Woohoo...

An Occupy Lido protest! :D:D

What is ironic about it exactly? I am not a vegetarian but eat lots of veggie burgers and black bean burgers because I like the taste and it is a healthier option.

me too. i was quite surprised when someone made me one. it was quite tasty.

i've yet to eat healthy though. there's just something wrong about that!

Archived