Cruising with 3 year old

msnyder6706

We are thinking of cruising again after my youngest turns 3. We haven't gone since a year before she was born and our other 4 kids are older, 14, 12, 11, and 9. What has been the experience for others with a toddler? Did you feel comfortable leaving them at camp?

Also,

Would you be comfortable having the 3 oldest sleep in an interior room by themselves? They would be 15,13, and 12.

Thanks!

I would want a connecting cabin, with the connecting door in the cabin....or at least side by side (adjoining) rooms or directly across the hall for kids that age. Connecting cabins have immediate access to the other room....they are hardly "alone" in a connecting room.

Some RCI ships have balconies that connect to an interior...but those cabins are limited, so book early!

I would have no problem leaving a 3 year old in camp - I've left my kids in resort daycare since they were babies. I would also have no problem leaving kids that age across the hall, since my kids have been going on school sponsored trips starting at 12, and there are no adults in the hotel rooms (they tape the door, and if the tape is broken, the parents have to come and get them). However, it would really stink for the oldest, because I would make sure they all locked up for the night together (and my oldest, when she was 14, had a 1:30 curfew, but that wouldn't be happening with the youngest).

I would feel more comfortable with the 3 year old in camp than the kids by themselves in their own cabin. ;)

I started my kids in camp at 2, so I know there is no problem there.

But I would be looking at connecting cabin options - and I would be leaving the doors open.

We have sailed with our kids at age 3. Your youngest will be fine in camp. Done get me wrong there may be a few times he/she will act up as any typical 3 year-old will but as long as you keep to the same schedules...nap, mealtimes etc. you should be fine. My kids are always much more behaved on a cruise than they are at home. There is so much for them to see and experience.

Our 3 year old joined us on our cruise last month and LOVED going to camp (but we sailed with NCL). She never wanted to leave and when she did, cried to go back (as well as many other children there). They are wonderful with the kids and have planned activities every day along with open gym. I wouldn't think twice about sending her again (and I'm sure she wouldn't either). :D

Archived