Dress code.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..??

Should these forums not have a FAQ page?

If only to prevent the usual slanging matches over who wears what. Tuxedo/dinner suit, tie, jacket, shirt, jeans, flip flops, halloween mask etc,etc, and when and why?

Whats in the cabins? Best cabins? Best decks?

Menus?

Though the posts will drop to half or less!

If only to prevent the usual slanging matches over who wears what. Tuxedo/dinner suit, tie, jacket, shirt, jeans, flip flops, halloween mask etc,etc, and when and why?

Menus?

I could be wrong but I am thinking CC (and more importantly CC's advertisers) would not be happy to see the number of posts drop.;)

It is a fact that the "usual slanging matches" threads draw the most views. And it is all those "hits" numbers that determine advertising dollars for a web site....:p

• Administrators

Hi there!

We actually do have a FAQ for Royal Caribbean...it's sticked on the first page of the forum. Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1195482

All of our FAQ's that you'll find within the forums are created by our members, for our members. There is no editorial involved.

I would be happy to create a "MENUS" thread. The menu links would be provided by our members. How many would like to see that?

Hi there!

I would be happy to create a "MENUS" thread. The menu links would be provided by our members. How many would like to see that?

Please implement it. I am sick and tired of seeing repetitive threads such as alcohol, dress code, etc.

Menus?

Good idea!! They could also just move all those topics to the Cruise Conversation folder, since the topic is applicable to more than one cruiseline.

While it may sound like a good idea, I don't think a lot of CCers pay too much attn to the "sticky" posts already created.

Also, searches won't bring up those posts, so I don't think any new "sticky" posts will help much.

I agree with hazeleyez3, I usually just scroll right on past the sticky threads since they usually provide the "do's, and the don't's" for that particular forum.

You do realize that you can skip over them and not read them, right?

At the bottom of the page there is a spot that shows the page numbers.

Just click on the number 2 and it will bring you to the next page.

But your solutions are just too simple and make too much sense.

Let people start whatever threads they want. CC has always given me the freedom of choice to read a thread, post to a thread, or just plain ignore a thread. Can't ask for much more than that.

Good idea!! They could also just move all those topics to the Cruise Conversation folder, since the topic is applicable to more than one cruiseline.

Plenty of us only read one board regulary and it is this one. And many subjects such as manner of dress, etc. do vary by cruise line so it would have to be separated by different lines anyway. I don't really care how people dress on Princess or Carnival. However, if I decide to take a cruise on one of those lines I will go to the prober board and get the information.

Please implement it. I am sick and tired of seeing repetitive threads such as alcohol, dress code, etc.

I'm pretty sure no one makes you read or even look at those threads. I, on the other hand, love them. Love the debate even though it's always a rehash. Maybe someday, I'll see something that changes my mind, you never know.

I think it's funny that people get upset over repetitive threads. Obviously they are not repetitive to the OP, or he/she wouldn't have started the thread. If I don't like a thread, I just skip on to the next one. If i get to the bottom of the page, I just click the next page number. Takes about a second. :D Life's too short to sweat the small stuff! I'm just happy I have a cruise coming up and that i even have a reason to read cruise critic!

Archived