First time at a spa

misfit72ford

Hello everyone! I do read this board very often and have learned many things from you ladies and wanted to say thanks for all of that!

Now for my question. I will be doing my first spa visit in a couple weeks and want an idea of what to expect. I will be doing a mud body treatment, oxygenating facial, manicure and then hubby will join me for a couples massage and pedicure. We are also staying the night at the resort.

Is there anything I need to know or plan for?

Once again thanks to all!

There is really nothing to "know"....wear underwear or not...your choice. Is that what was worrying you?

No, I don't have a problem with that. LOL They are all professionals and I have seen many types of bodies. Hubby however does and I told him just to wear whatever works for him.

I just wasn't sure if there were any little tidbits to help make the experience more enjoyable. I have been under a huge amount of stress and just want to make the most out of the day!

The only thing I would plan for is my toe nail polish color :-) I like to bring my own. Not for any hygiene reasons, but merely for being able to touch up the polish if the unthinkable occurs.

I always bring my own polish as well for the same reason. Easy to do touchups and I also know they will have the color I really want because it's in my purse. :)

I had my first "full" spa day a few months ago and had to keep reminding myself to just relax and enjoy it.

Your hair will likely be gross after the massage, and your skin may be a healthy pink so don't plan to do anything right afterwards. Just go home, put your feet up and pour yourselves a couple of glasses of wine!

I love a good massage, especially if it includes accupressure on my feet!

I'm not particularly fond of facials, my skin tends to be so red afterward. They still feel great, I just can't plan to do anything afterward unless I use foundation to cover the red. Kind of negates the positives of a facial for me.

A really great scalp massage is heaven.

I have a manicurist that I adore, so I wouldn't get a mani or pedi anywhere else. If you don't do it regularly, it's a wonderful treat.

Your spa resort stay sounds like heaven :) I think I'd go for the facial, stay in the room and order room service dinner! You'll probably feel like melted butter anyway and just want to relax.

Personally I would have the mani/pedi first then the other treatments and massage last as you will be so relaxed after a day of pampering this will finish it off nicely.

Keep hydrated before, during and after your treatments but just enjoy them.

I am debating whether to have a massage when I go away next week, as I am a LMT/Reflexologist/Esthi and it is kind of hard to relax when being worked on by another therapist but I sooooooo need a good deep tissue massage. I get everything else done before I go away but massage is my weakness.

I might wait and see what specials they have as last time they looked not too bad..

I got my first real spa-experience last Thursday. I was so stressed about the whole deal (wear underwear or not, ... lol)

It was wonderful! However, after the massage I was so relaxed that I just slept for the rest of the day, so don't plan too much afterwards.

Also, my face tends to be somewhat red right after the facial. Not a good look for a formal night out!

Archived