Navigator aft balcony 1688 vs 1388

gayla59

It is really hard to tell from the RCL deck plan which cabin/verandah is better? Can anyone give me some advice. I have searched through the cabin selection area, but not much info. The only pictures I have found didn't make it very clear either. We are travelling with a group and thought the additional area would give us space to gather.:confused:

First Thanks Peter Pan for the quick response:D

Because the layout of 1388 & 1688 are odd does anyone think the more standard layout of 1690, 1692, 1392 or 1390 would be a better option. I haven't been able to get the precise dimensions on any of these.

What category are these cabins?

Do they still have these old TVs?

I'm planning on booking Navigator for next year out of New Orleans. I was thinking of something on the hump, mainly because I remember reading that the afts on Voyager-class were obstructed ~ but these pictures look really nice.

So what do you think? Aft or hump?

:confused::)

I have booked 1388 for DH and I and 1688 for my parents, we are all very excited about our large aft cabins:D

Dan thanks so much for the videos and to others thanks for the links.

Pat it would be great if you could send me that info after your cruise. I believe my email is in my info, but if you can't find it tell me here and I will get my email info to you.

I love Cruise Critic, it is such a wealth of information and so many nice people to chat with!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

We are on the Navigator next Oct. We booked onboard on our last cruise and they told me the Aft's were the best! We are in room 1388. But when I got home I noticed it is right under the windjammer!! Has anyone had any problems with noise from up above?

Hello,

We are on the Navigator next Oct. We booked onboard on our last cruise and they told me the Aft's were the best! We are in room 1388. But when I got home I noticed it is right under the windjammer!! Has anyone had any problems with noise from up above?

DH and I just sailed on NOS for Thanksgiving. We had #1388 and loved it! The room is about the size of a Junior Suite. It is a category D1.

The balcony is huge and there is no obstucted view. Our daughter and grand-daughter shared or room and slept on the pull out sofa.

There was plenty of room for the 4 of us. The closet and bathroom are the same size as a regular balcony room. Even when the sofa was turned into a bed, there was still plenty of room to walk around the room and exit to the balcony. I never heard any noise from the WJ. Love those afts!!

Archived