On Board Liquor Store on a B2B cruise

CWcruisers

Has anyone had any recent experience, not from long ago, but recent, over the last few months with buying your liquor week one and having it delivered so you have it for week two? I remember reading that Carnival had caught onto to this scheme and was no longer delivering the liquor until the end of the second cruise?

How about the cash and carry after 8 pm on the last night? Have you tried to buy it and been flagged as a B2B cruiser?

Just did this a month ago on the Freedom. Bought our rum on the last day of the first cruise. It was delivered to our cabin early that evening. Sure saved us a bunch of money on the second leg of the back to back. :D

I forgot some people in our B2B group bought liquor late the last night of first leg and shop assistant I guess had no clue they were on B2B and let them carry items out of store.

We were on the Dream a year and a half ago. The last night you can buy liquor and take it back to your room. DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE ON A B2B. The people in front of us made that mistake, so the guy said he could not let them take it with them - they would get it at the end of the LAST leg. OUCH! So we got up to check-out, I didn't say anything and we walked out with my Scotch. SWEET! :cool:

Kevin from Mpls

Dont you have to disembark /w your stuff even with a B2B? Wouldnt the liquor police catch your stash when you go back through security?

No, the only thing that has to leave the ship is you & your documents.

On the Imagination we asked at the shop on one of the first days of our first leg what time we should come back on the last day in order to carry our purchase back to our cabin. We were told that we could do that after 5:00 pm. on the last day. So back we came and yes we did.

Dont you have to disembark /w your stuff even with a B2B? Wouldnt the liquor police catch your stash when you go back through security?

On the two Back 2 backs we've done which involved the same ship, we never had to leave let alone any of our belongings.

And on both, liquor purchased during the first cruise was delivered to our room the last night of the first cruise. They also delivered some that we bought in a port which they held for us. The most recent was last December.

Maybe it's port or ship specific or perhaps the rules are enforced differently but that's been our experience.

• 1 year later...
Kind of sounds like it's hit and miss. Seems they don't have a system yet for the store clerk to know you're B2B, so I'll do the cash and carry method.

Thanks Everyone.

They take cash on the last night? First I've heard of that.

NEVER assume it will be delivered if you want it for the second leg. I and others have seen it or experienced it being held.

We purchase it after the store allows you to carry out - sometime on the last evening.

Our back up plan is cash - the store will not take it, but I'm sure some nice person would be happy to make a purchase for us in exchange for cash.

We've already made good friends on our B2B roll call for next year. They are on the first leg only. I'm sure they would be happy to buy it for us if needed. :)

Our back up plan is cash - the store will not take it, but I'm sure some nice person would be happy to make a purchase for us in exchange for cash.

We've already made good friends on our B2B roll call for next year. They are on the first leg only. I'm sure they would be happy to buy it for us if needed. :)

Great idea. Have to remember that for our B2B in April.

We actually had our room steward offer to buy us liquor for our room. Only happened once, but what a deal that was! Even with a hefty tip it was an excellent price, since she passed along her employee discount as well.

Kevin C

Wendy, I bought a bottle of rum for a roll call member for Leg 2. Bought it during Leg 1 (did not wait until Friday night and it's good that I didn't because we came back early and the shops closed at about 8 pm).

It was delivered to my cabin Friday evening and I took it to friend's cabin on Saturday afternoon after I ran into her in the buffet at lunchtime.

Of course, this could be one of those things that varies from ship to ship or even from sailing to sailing. Sometimes it's difficult to know what to expect from our friends at Carnival!

Archived