Port Canaveral: Disembark to MCO with out pre arrangements

tweety33

I am looking for those of you who HAVE self disembarked off the ship early, got transportation at the curb, to go directly to mco with out any prearrangement's.

What did you pay & how did you get there. I know there must be options for sure, I have done this at other ports, but can't seem to find any exact answers.

I just want to know what to be looking for soon as I get off the ship, and what to expect to pay if you have done this.

Thank you all,

while I'm sure someone has done this I'd not try it. I sailed fm Canaveral a bunch of times b4 I moved here and there are complicating factors

1. The airport is 40 to 50 minutes away; a taxi is going to cost over $100 plus tip

2. Canaveral is a small town, there are taxi but not nearly as many as Miami, Lauderdale, etc. And they just may refuse to take you that far as there is no way they will get a return fare.

3. I don't recall ever seeing a stand-by shuttle trying to fill by walkups either.... There are many shuttle services but I've only seen ones pre-booked.

I was on the Sensation Feb 2010 and had a prearranged shuttle which was LATE. There were vans there willing to take us to the airport. I didn't use them because the other shuttle service had my credit card # and had a 24 hr cancellation policy and did end up showing up.

Sorry I can't help more regarding costs.

Our pre-arranged shuttle bus did not show up; they kept saying we will be there in 10 minutes. After waiting an hour past the scheduled pick-up, we walked over to the Ship big busses and bought seats to take us to MCO.

If you need to go to a "Disney/Orlando/Kissimee" hotel, I would definitely make pre-arrangements with a shuttle service. Or, if staying for a day or more, rent a car from Budget or Avis at Cocoa Beach and return the car to MCO on the day you leave. No drop cost from these 2 vendors in FL.

"transportation at the curb"? Why would you do that? How many people r traveling with you? Any kids?

We've been using the same company for transportation in orlando and from our hotel to Port Canaveral (and back). What i like about them:

1. They do not require a credit card

2 Price is great(for 4 people $95)

and i've never had any problems with them.

Company is called Star Trans-VIP. I don't remember their website address, but if you google "startrans-vip orlando" you'll see them on the first page.

Good luck!

I was on the Sensation Feb 2010 and had a prearranged shuttle which was LATE. There were vans there willing to take us to the airport. I didn't use them because the other shuttle service had my credit card # and had a 24 hr cancellation policy and did end up showing up.

Sorry I can't help more regarding costs.

That is exactly why I am trying to avoid pre- arrangements, I don't want to be on the curb waiting should they be late, when there May be someone ready to take us, since we are trying to catch an earlier flight. It is just me & DH.

We have disembarked at 6:30am in FLL & Miami & just got transportation quickly at the curb. Just wasn't sure about Port Canaveral since its so far to the MCO.

Thank you for the info. that's what I was looking for to hear that there was vans or shuttles just waiting, but now I need to figure out about how much. A cab is to expensive compared to some shuttles.

We don't book with the cruise line coz they take for ever to fill up a huge bus, been there done that, not good for us.

Would you mind each saying what company was late?

Thank you all for your advice.

Nanatravel and Girlscruise2011, please post the names of the shuttle companies you booked with that either did not show up or were over an hour late. Thanks.

I just double checked my credit card to make sure I named the right company. It was Sunrise Transportation. I was told to call them when I got to Customs, which I did. No answer. Got my luggage and went outside, called again. No answer. Tried again. No answer. Finally got through to them after about 1/2 hr and was told they were on their way. Took them about 1/2 hr. The owner came and he was very apologetic. Said his driver didn't show up. This all happened during the Florida cold front last year so the 7 of us were cold and not happy. Again, there was another van outside willing to take us but I didn't want to be charged by Sunrise and have to fight the charge with my credit card company.

There are lots on these boards that have used numerous transports. I would just try to find one that has been used and recommended by a few of them and book them. If you have an early flight, I wouldn't take the chance of not having a van available for you when you disembark.

Good luck

We have gone from port canaveral to mco twice with early flights. We booked through Quicksilver tours and were never disappointed. They were waiting for us when we came out with our luggage. Loaded us up and we were off to mco. Very prompt and professional.

We have gone from port canaveral to mco twice with early flights. We booked through Quicksilver tours and were never disappointed. They were waiting for us when we came out with our luggage. Loaded us up and we were off to mco. Very prompt and professional.

Thanks for the tip, I checked out there site & $115 is to steep for the 2 of us.

Archived