Wine in cabin

meh56

Is only wine which is allowed? Or can it be alcohol? Also, if you buy alcohol through bon voyage are you allowed to bring the unfinished bottle off the ship when you get back?

Wine only (at least if you want to stay within the rules) and yes, you can bring an unfinished bottled off when you debark, if you choose to.

Carnival will not charge you to have you allotted wine in your cabin. We brought on a bottle of red and a bottle of white. We enjoyed a glass while getting ready for dinner each night, and then would top-off our glass and carry it to the MDR. The only problem that we encountered was our cabin on the Inspiration did not have any wine glasses like they offered on the Legend last year. We requested some from our cabin steward and were told that all they had were the small water glasses. We ended up ordering wine from one of the bars and just taking our wine glasses back to our cabin to rewash and use for the next evening. It was kind of a PITA to do it this way so next time I will just bring on some cheapie dollar store ones.

Carnival will not charge you to have you allotted wine in your cabin. We brought on a bottle of red and a bottle of white. We enjoyed a glass while getting ready for dinner each night, and then would top-off our glass and carry it to the MDR. The only problem that we encountered was our cabin on the Inspiration did not have any wine glasses like they offered on the Legend last year. We requested some from our cabin steward and were told that all they had were the small water glasses. We ended up ordering wine from one of the bars and just taking our wine glasses back to our cabin to rewash and use for the next evening. It was kind of a PITA to do it this way so next time I will just bring on some cheapie dollar store ones.

Never had a problem getting wine glasses from room steward - otherwise ask at any onboard bar for empty glasses or I have even gotten some with my 'room service' order! No need to be washing glasses (I also bring a glass of wine to dinner with me and just leave the empty glass there!)

we bring box wine & our own wine glasses- put the glasses in the cabinets so they won't be taken by Stewards. We pour our wine & take it to lobby to listen to music before dinner for "cocktail hour". Very relaxing. We take any extra home in water bottles.

We take a couple of bottle onboard for a pre-dinner drink but if you bring your bottle to the MDR they will charge you a "corkage" fee. I've never done that, but we have ordered bottles of wine in the MDR and had them cork the remainder for the next night. They were very good about labeling them and then bringing them back the next night to us.

However, we did get chastised for bringing our glasses of wine with us to the MDR and not ordering a glass there. The waiter thought we brought it from our room. Said, "you aren't supposed to bring those in here".

We were a little upset since we had actually purchased them (Sangria) from a bar on the ship and carried them with us into the MDR. Not even sure if he believed us, but I was a little put out that he even mentioned it.

:(

We take a couple of bottle onboard for a pre-dinner drink but if you bring your bottle to the MDR they will charge you a "corkage" fee. I've never done that, but we have ordered bottles of wine in the MDR and had them cork the remainder for the next night. They were very good about labeling them and then bringing them back the next night to us.

However, we did get chastised for bringing our glasses of wine with us to the MDR and not ordering a glass there. The waiter thought we brought it from our room. Said, "you aren't supposed to bring those in here".

We were a little upset since we had actually purchased them (Sangria) from a bar on the ship and carried them with us into the MDR. Not even sure if he believed us, but I was a little put out that he even mentioned it.

Wow - that's shocking? Never heard of that happening before - in fact how would they even know where you got the wine? Could be at any of the 'umpteen' bars/lounges on board? .....and why would they even care that much?

Wow - that's shocking? Never heard of that happening before - in fact how would they even know where you got the wine? Could be at any of the 'umpteen' bars/lounges on board? .....and why would they even care that much?

Yeah, I would feel a bit offended, as well. However, there is the possibility that they can recognize the sources of the glasses by their shape. Do the bartenders use the exact same shaped glass for red, white, and sangria? I would hope not.

Wow, that is crazy! We've brought a glass of wine into the MDR many times and no one in the MDR has ever had a problem with it. How would they know we didn't just buy it at the bar?

I agree. Never heard of that before either & never had a problem ourselves.

I would have told the bar waiter where he could go. Do that all the time.

When we first meet our steward ask them to make sure we always have 4 wine glasses in our cabin and never had a problem. Alternatively we would have liberated a couple of wine glasses from one of the bars and used that.

When we first meet our steward ask them to make sure we always have 4 wine glasses in our cabin and never had a problem. Alternatively we would have liberated a couple of wine glasses from one of the bars and used that.

Hi golfaj, we did ask our room steward and also a different steward down the hall. Both times we were told that they did not have any wine glasses to give us and the only ones available would be the water type cabin glasses. Now on the Legend last year, the room stewards did provide us with wine glasses so not sure what the deal was here. We just ended up ordering wine from the Rock and Roll bar while watching a little Karaoke, and then kept the glasses with us to use each night to take our wine to dinner. We were never questioned in the MDR about this. We were not trying to be cheap-skates, we just enjoy our favorite brands of wine that are not available on the ship. Seven Daughters Merlot and Coppola Zinfandel. We go through a lot of trouble bubble wrapping it and putting it in our checked luggage to fly. Once at our hotel, we switched the bottles over to our carry ons. If brands didn't matter, it would have been so much easier to just order from the ship.

Wine or champagne. Carry on only. No other alcohol.

But then there is http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

I would like to try those, just not on this trip as we are getting married on embarkation day. :D It would be a complete embarrassment for my family for me to have been dragged down to the holding pen to "Explain". LOL!

but it would make a good CC thread, though!

Archived